Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

3 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

I hope so too lmao

Although I do miss title tracks from her. We can always assign one from the album if it doesn’t have one, the centerpiece like:

TS - The Outside

1989 - Clean

reputation - Delicate

folklore - Seven

For me 1989's centerpiece it's New Romantics.  It's almost its thesis statement in a way. It delivers all the things that constructs the album: cynicism, snarkiness, a blasé and almost detached nonchalant way of living in the biggest city in the world, in your 20s, being wealthy. It is ironic (like Blank Space) but also hopeful and very dramatic. I love how it closes the album (deluxe)

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

10 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

For me 1989's centerpiece it's New Romantics.  It's almost its thesis statement in a way. It delivers all the things that constructs the album: cynicism, snarkiness, a blasé and almost detached nonchalant way of living in the biggest city in the world, in your 20s, being wealthy. It is ironic (like Blank Space) but also hopeful and very dramatic. I love how it closes the album (deluxe)

I agree with this wholeheartedly; always have. 

Wait… max is in the album… that’s his studio from the making of reputation …  the fourth still

Wait… multiple of those rooms in the making of midnights videos were studios she was in with max during making of rep

11 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

Oh absolutely! I personally think it's both about Joe (the good parts) and Scott (the bad parts) and she's just mixing feelings into a lyric. It gives the sensation of being confessional but it ends up being almost the most impersonal song on the album (for me at least) because you can't pinpoint it exactly. It's a very interesting track, and a thing she definitely hadn't done before. I think I like it more because it's a Taylor song, of all people, that risks of alienating the listerner. It grew on me but it took some time. I 100% understand.

I personally don't think hoax is about Joe at all. I think it's all about Scott but the way she's written it would make you think she's talking about a romantic relationship, probably to be more relatable because having a business relationship with an older man that was a sort of father figure is a pretty unique experience. I've interpreted most of the verses to be a defeated reflection about their vying for control of her masters with imagery of a literal battle "my smoking gun/my eclipsed sun"; "my twisted knife/my sleepless night/my win-less fight"; "my best laid plan/your sleight of hand/my barren land/I am ash from your fire". The chorus is when it all had come to a head and she knew there wasn't any going back. Then the bridge is her recognizing the anguish and hurt she felt by someone who intimately knew the pain she went through during snakegate turning around and doing the same thing to her (i.e how she pointed out how Scott knew Scooter was her "bully" in her letter she posted during the masters controversy).

I think this song can be confusing for people who don't know anything about her personal life because of all the details included and language she uses but also for people who know a lot about her personal life because there's so many people certain parts could be attributed to because she's had a lot of beefs nnn. :skull:

Maybe she will release a lead single now that there is a new mega viral song :redface:
She didnt want all those free weeks at #1 and needed the competition first :emofish:

Edited by TaylenaStan

2 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

Maybe she will release a lead single now that there is a new mega viral song :redface:
She didnt want all those free weeks at #1 and needed the competition first :emofish:

This dumb bish I swear

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95248df0ee08961c76e78

10 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

I personally don't think hoax is about Joe at all. I think it's all about Scott but the way she's written it would make you think she's talking about a romantic relationship, probably to be more relatable because having a business relationship with an older man that was a sort of father figure is a pretty unique experience. I've interpreted most of the verses to be a defeated reflection about their vying for control of her masters with imagery of a literal battle "my smoking gun/my eclipsed sun"; "my twisted knife/my sleepless night/my win-less fight"; "my best laid plan/your sleight of hand/my barren land/I am ash from your fire". The chorus is when it all had come to a head and she knew there wasn't any going back. Then the bridge is her recognizing the anguish and hurt she felt by someone who intimately knew the pain she went through during snakegate turning around and doing the same thing to her (i.e how she pointed out how Scott knew Scooter was her "bully" in her letter she posted during the masters controversy).

I think this song can be confusing for people who don't know anything about her personal life because of all the details included and language she uses but also for people who know a lot about her personal life because there's so many people certain parts could be attributed to because she's had a lot of beefs nnn. :skull:

I say Joe because of "Don't want no other shade of blue but you". Every time either blue or gold appears it relates to Joe. But I agree with you, it is about the masters. I think maybe she just had that line written down and thought of using it

47 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Wait… multiple of those rooms in the making of midnights videos were studios she was in with max during making of rep

I’m pretty sure that’s Jack’s studio. 

Some of these takes in the last few pages

No wonder Taylor hates us and decides to punish us

8 minutes ago, PopA911 said:

I'll stay awake till 5am for nothing

the going to sleep and waking back up method >>>>>>>>> i would've fumed the other night if i stayed up just to get "vigilante ****" lmfao :monkey:

Just now, 400Iux said:

the going to sleep and waking back up method >>>>>>>>> i would've fumed the other night if i stayed up just to get "vigilante ****" lmfao :monkey:

I'm just awake because I dont work tomorrow and i'm not really sleepy, but I bet this ***** will not post a tiktok today

Someone calling Tolerate It the second most skippable track on her best album…

• ATRL Moderator

Y'all don't deserve a lead single

Let's just say that

some of y’all haven’t been in an emotionally abusive relationship where you can’t WIN! And it shows 

Edited by discotitzz

2 hours ago, RuflesCando said:

This is a complete spill. New Romantics is THAT girl. 

Just now, bluebirdsforever said:

Y'all don't deserve a lead single

Let's just say that

I do after spending $74.93 on the vinyl with the ugliest back cover 

The hoax discourse is fun.

Unfortunately, I think my tinfoil hat post about how most of folklore (including hoax) is about Taylor and Joe getting back together after they broke up because he cheated on her got lost when ATRL reset. Let me rewrite it later. 

:gaycat2:

I need Bryce to return for another track so I can watch all the Godly Island haters seethe 

The same Reddit guy who spilled she booked Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh said she’s doing Glastonbury as well

spacer.png

Just saying usually by around 300 pages of an album thread we should be discussing the MUSIC on the album

So when is this rePUTA going to release the lead ???

Sis you are not Swatch no1cares about a clock, where is the music ???