Kelis drags Beyonce; "It's not sampling, it's theft!"

Buddy

8 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

I can't believe she's been caught stealing AGAIN omg:deadbanana4:

She's been stealing from others for decades now!:deadbanana2:

Do ya'll remember this article?

https://www.distractify.com/entertainment/2018/08/10/1Sdwef/beyonce-stealing

Every Single Time Beyoncé Was Accused of Stealing From Other Artists

Ever since her Destiny's Child days, Queen Bey has been accused of stealing songwriting credits for songs she didn't write, lifting choreography from dancers without permission, and even straight-up jacking songs from struggling artists and then paying a settlement fee to shut them up

She copied her "Countdown" music video from a Belgian dancer.

it's probably hard for her and her team to constantly think of new and original ideas. That's probably why they lifted "inspiration" from Belgian choreographer Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker. 

Anne still wasn't happy about it and expected Bey's team to at least give her a head's up instead of directly stealing her work as an homage

She allegedly stole "Baby Boy" from a struggling singer-songwriter.

Back in 2003, artist Jennifer Armour sent a demo of her song "Got A Little Bit Of Love For You" to Beyoncé's record label, Columbia Records. A few months later, she heard "Baby Boy" on the radio and thought the song sounded awfully familiar.

She allegedly stole dance moves for her Formation World Tour.

She was accused of stealing "Survivor" from a producer.

Her reputation for song-stealing even persisted through her Destiny's Child days. 
T-Robb ahowed the song to Bey's father/manager Mathew Knowles expecting the song to kickstart his career. Mathew disappeared with the song, and months later, "Survivor" was born without Terrence's name or credit. "I know right now I would be one of the biggest, most sought-after producers," 

She lied about writing "Crazy in Love."

The song came from me actually looking crazy one day in the studio," Beyoncé said at the time.

According to him, after he played a sample of the track for Beyoncé, she then told him, "I love the idea. Now write the song. I'll be back in two hours." Although he was hungover, he managed to write the full song and play all the instruments before Bey got back. The only thing she wrote was the bridge, which is hardly the same as writing the whole song.

She lied about writing "Irreplaceable."

Back in 2008, she told an audience at a concert that she wrote "Irreplaceable" for fellow women — except she didn't write it, Ne-Yo did. "I honestly wrote that song for myself," he said in 2011. "However, a man singing it comes across a little bit misogynistic, a little bit mean." Although Bey didn't write it, Ne-Yo said he had no problem letting her take songwriting credit because she "put her own spin on it."

She copied her 2011 Billboard Music Awards performance from an Italian pop star.

In 2011, Beyoncé had more drama on her hands, the performance and choreography was actually taken directly from Italian pop star Lorella Cuccarini. After backlash, Bey decided to fess up. "My makeup artist showed me the performance of Lorella Cuccarini a year ago, and it inspired me so much," she said in an interview

She lied about the Stevie Nicks sample in "Bootylicious" being her idea.

Stevie Nick's "Edge of Seventeen" was sampled heavily in this track, and according to Beyoncé, it was her idea to use it. "It was 2000 and we were on our way to Japan," she said in her I Am Yours DVD. "And I came across this Stevie Nicks song. Something about this guitar riff reminded me of a voluptuous woman... and  I said, 'I am gonna write a song to celebrate a woman's curves.'"

Except using the sample wasn't her idea, it was producer Rob Fusari's, and he wasn't happy about Bey running around town taking credit. 

Omg :hoetenks:

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• Teen Spirit

• brenda-walsh

• BnPac

29 minutes ago, Power love said:

Beyonce has been in the game for too long to not know how the game is played. She knew the whole situation & just didn’t care it’s that simple.

She’s still isn’t going to reach out to this girl because at the end of the day she already got what she wanted free publicity before her album drops & the sample.

I have lost all respect for Beyonce. She’s known in the industry for being a shady messy person. So many nasty situations from Beyonce & her team. 

the voices in your head are not "the industry", please calm down :lmao: 

13 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

Ever since her Destiny's Child days, Queen Bey has been accused of stealing songwriting credits for songs she didn't write, lifting choreography from dancers without permission, and even straight-up jacking songs from struggling artists and then paying a settlement fee to shut them up

it's probably hard for her and her team to constantly think of new and original ideas. That's probably why they lifted "inspiration" from Belgian choreographer Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker. 

Anne still wasn't happy about it and expected Bey's team to at least give her a head's up instead of directly stealing her work as an homage

Back in 2003, artist Jennifer Armour sent a demo of her song "Got A Little Bit Of Love For You" to Beyoncé's record label, Columbia Records. A few months later, she heard "Baby Boy" on the radio and thought the song sounded awfully familiar.

Her reputation for song-stealing even persisted through her Destiny's Child days. 
T-Robb ahowed the song to Bey's father/manager Mathew Knowles expecting the song to kickstart his career. Mathew disappeared with the song, and months later, "Survivor" was born without Terrence's name or credit. "I know right now I would be one of the biggest, most sought-after producers," 

The song came from me actually looking crazy one day in the studio," Beyoncé said at the time.

According to him, after he played a sample of the track for Beyoncé, she then told him, "I love the idea. Now write the song. I'll be back in two hours." Although he was hungover, he managed to write the full song and play all the instruments before Bey got back. The only thing she wrote was the bridge, which is hardly the same as writing the whole song.

Back in 2008, she told an audience at a concert that she wrote "Irreplaceable" for fellow women — except she didn't write it, Ne-Yo did. "I honestly wrote that song for myself," he said in 2011. "However, a man singing it comes across a little bit misogynistic, a little bit mean." Although Bey didn't write it, Ne-Yo said he had no problem letting her take songwriting credit because she "put her own spin on it."

She copied her 2011 Billboard Music Awards performance from an Italian pop star.

In 2011, Beyoncé had more drama on her hands, the performance and choreography was actually taken directly from Italian pop star Lorella Cuccarini. After backlash, Bey decided to fess up. "My makeup artist showed me the performance of Lorella Cuccarini a year ago, and it inspired me so much," she said in an interview

Stevie Nick's "Edge of Seventeen" was sampled heavily in this track, and according to Beyoncé, it was her idea to use it. "It was 2000 and we were on our way to Japan," she said in her I Am Yours DVD. "And I came across this Stevie Nicks song. Something about this guitar riff reminded me of a voluptuous woman... and  I said, 'I am gonna write a song to celebrate a woman's curves.'"

Except using the sample wasn't her idea, it was producer Rob Fusari's, and he wasn't happy about Bey running around town taking credit. 

Jesus :deadbanana4:

OT: Not surprised.

Release ya anger, release ya mind

Release ya masters

whatever-shrug.gif

The source of Kelis's anger is that Pharell and Chad duped her and made her sign away her publishing rights for the album. She's been mistreated and exploited by the music industry for years and so her anger is completely understandable. Do I think Bey purposely stole from her? No. But given what that lady has been through and where she's just lost her husband, any human being could snap into anger when the work you've done and was stolen from you by your former friends and collaborators is used without your knowing.

16 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

You betta spill the tea :deadbanana4:

17 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

Wow.

gqCjZq4.gif

Y'all really don't support empowering women at all :rip: Beyoncé STOLE from another less successful black woman. It's disgraceful 

19 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

OMG THE RECEIPTS :deadbanana2: this is way worse than I even imagined 

3 minutes ago, Jagger said:

OMG THE RECEIPTS :deadbanana2: this is way worse than I even imagined 

zjbiuydnfth01.jpg

OT: Thiéf!

Just now, Broken said:

zjbiuydnfth01.jpg

OT: Thiéf!

I remember that pic of her "writing lyrics" and it was a whole ass blank notebook. It kills me every time 

dfljdlaj;

who gives a ****? Kelis didn't write or produce **** and isn't even credited on the original mess. No one has to go through her to do a DAMN thing. She should've sat that tie dye fro down and read the fine print of that ****** up contract Pharrell and Chad gave her 25 years ago and stop foaming at the mouth about some mess she isn't even entitled to. 

& Stop this black woman jargon. Kelis is MIXED 

Most of her anger is (rightly) directed at Pharrell, but I understand her frustration with Beyoncé as well. 

She made some good points in the videos. 

2 hours ago, Joyride said:

this whole narrative of "Kelis doesn't own ****" that some of you guys are painting doesn't sit right with me

THANK YOU especially considering Kelis actually DID contribute to the writing of GAWY and isn’t credited. 

3 minutes ago, Jagger said:

I remember that pic of her "writing lyrics" and it was a whole ass blank notebook. It kills me every time 

:rip: Bey visited the Anne Frank House and was signing the guest book in that picture. :lmao: 

It's just funny when Bey stans try to come at Kelis for being irrelevant or come for her sales, but clearly she's relevant enough for Beyoncé to sample from :rip: But this is what happens when all you do is sample other people's work and don't create original music.

I mean, what she said makes sense. The least Beyonce could've done is give her a call and a heads up but she's definitely mad, and rightfully so, at Pharell and Chad. 

4 minutes ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

dfljdlaj;

who gives a ****? Kelis didn't write or produce **** and isn't even credited on the original mess. No one has to go through her to do a DAMN thing. She should've sat that tie dye fro down and read the fine print of that ****** up contract Pharrell and Chad gave her 25 years ago and stop foaming at the mouth about some mess she isn't even entitled to. 

& Stop this black woman jargon. Kelis is MIXED 

This is very unkind. Kelis was a young woman when she signed that contract and was duped. Chad and Pharell were her friends and she trusted them. She shouldn't be shamed for having been cheated. I understand that y'all are defending your fave but there's no need for all this. An injustice was done to Kelis, she's angry and if you take a moment to remove stan bias aside you'd understand why. And Bey is lighter than Kelis for crying out loud, there's no need to claim Kelis isn't Black just to discredi her and minimize the injustice she's endured.

The lack of critical thinking in this thread and just a bunch of hyperbolic, irrational statements :deadbanana4:

I’m too old for this website, y’all are literal children. 

Kelis has been in this industry like 25 damn years. She knows how this **** works. She needs to give Pharrell this heat not Beyonce.

And the stans of that white lady need to keep out of this. This requires more nuance than some petty stans trying to use this for some petty stan war.

Just now, lonnie said:

This is very unkind. Kelis was a young woman when she signed that contract and was duped. Chad and Pharell were her friends and she trusted them. She shouldn't be shamed for having been cheated. I understand that y'all are defending your fave but there's no need for all this. An injustice was done to Kelis, she's angry and if you take a moment to remove stan bias aside you'd understand why. And Bey is lighter than Kelis for crying out loud, there's no need to claim Kelis isn't Black just to discredi her and minimize the injustice she's endured.

That's fine. Pharrell and Chad screwed her over. We can all acknowledge that. What does it have to do with Beyonce and a song she had very little to do with creating? They're two completely different issues that she's trying to conflate.

& Kelis is mixed and has made that distinction in the past. Now she wants to use the Black woman wronged! card when that isn't the case. She is Mixed race. Beyonce is black. 

1 minute ago, lonnie said:

:gaycat1:

"It's The Neptunes, not Beyoncé", doesn't she call the shots and, despite the mountain of people credited for her albums, is the sole mastermind behind her every project? Now she didn't know and had nothing to do with it. Which one is it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.