What caused ATRLs downfall?

Distantconstellation

I got banned for 2 months for saying Britney's son was cute. It was harmless but some users including the admins took it the wrong way and painted me as a pdf file when I'm only sexually attracted to daddies. I didn't even get a chance to explain, I @ them on twitter but they ignored.

Edited by charot

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• khalyan

• Teen Spirit

• ProudLBS

• Apolonio ₃₄

I think one reason could be the constant changing of servers/erasure of the previous ones. Many of us spend time cackling at messy oldtrl threads and bumping it etc and now all that is gone

40 minutes ago, charot said:

I got banned for 2 months for saying Britney's son was cute. It was harmless but some users including the admins took it the wrong way and painted me as a pdf file when I'm only sexually attracted to daddies. I didn't even get a chance to explain, I @ them on twitter but they ignored.

That says more about them than it does about you tbh ? 

46 minutes ago, charot said:

I was banned for 6 months because someone’s family was anti vax and a member came in worried and I said there’s only so much you can do and sometimes they just die (from stupidity)

ATRL is going downhill fast. I honestly see it lasting a couple more years max at this point. Why?

- Overly sensitive users + easily triggered/trigger-happy mods. I got a two-day ban for replying with one word, '$u$piciou$', in a Charts thread. What used to be viewed as funny/silly on here is now seen as offensive enough for a two-day ban? :lmao: I just had a two-day ban for responding to a current event with logic and common sense. The only thing I'm sorry for is that the Mods don't seem to realize that facts don't come equipped with empathy and sensitivity, facts simply are.

There a lot of younger users who could cleary benefit from full-time therapy because they are so deeply affected by even the smallest comments. I'm genuinely worried with how they'll cope offline (if ever) in the future. There's one user on here who only ever posts full essays regarding their opinion on political issues and it honestly serves personality disorder. Their opinions could be so much valuable elsewhere - this is a forum full of gays talking about pop music. Again, this is not intended to be pointed, it's just an example of how joyless and humorless the board has become since its glory days (late '00s-early '10s).  

- 503 errors. I understand it's the board owner's issue, but my God. This has been going on for years? Functionality is still **** despite multiple layout changes. Where did all that money go to that people donated over the years? Was any of it refunded/reimbursed? I'm happy I never donated one cent.

- Ads. If I check this site on mobile, I can't even navigate the menu due to the embarrassing pop-up ads all over the place.

- Pop music is getting boring. Everyone knows outside of say, Billie and Olivia, the older girls are getting older, the younger ones don't have what the older ones had, it's all kind of dull now. 

I'm still on here for the nostalgia, I suppose. Some of my favorite single premieres and album threads have been here. Premieres can still be fun, as well as insider information, but it's definitely getting less fun the longer I'm here due to the aforementioned reasons above. 

Edited by Ice Cream Skies

a huge chunk of my WPs are for trashing Kenneth Petty and Jelani Maraj, a convicted rapist/manslaughterer and a convicted pedophile rapist respectively. :rip:

the last one caused me to get a 1 day ban.

literally the next day, Ballgate happened. i never felt more vindicated in my life :fan:

People are still talking about pop stars who peaked two, three decades ago- like they’re current. “MPGs” :gaycat6:

Wild! 

On 7/3/2022 at 3:24 PM, stjosephprey4us said:

To me, the thread reset was the final nail in the coffin. The forum hasn’t recovered fully since. It what world do you delete everything on a site with a minuscule chance of it fixing a problem, and then it doesn’t fix the problem :toofunny3: so pointless

Right. Like, where are my threads? My ARCHIVES? My legacy.

For having close registrations and yeah all the server malfunctions 

10 hours ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

...ATRL is going downhill fast.

(...)

I'm happy I never donated one cent...

I feel like the owners have collected the coins, shut up shop and left us on autopilot to fly until the ongoing contracts run out. Then one day it'll crash — boom — lights out. 

- Ads. If I check this site on mobile, I can't even navigate the menu due to the embarrassing pop-up ads all over the place.

Even without ads (using blockers) ATRL on the phone is an extreme hassle. Clearly not much of investment has been made on that side, just as the servers suffering 503s. ATRL on the phone has to be like internet in the 90s.

Edited by Raiden

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.