Hot take: Bjork actually sucks, why?

fauxtography

Question for the culture  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Bjork sucks y/n

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, fauxtography said:

What has been interesting about this thread is auditing the last.fm's of users who lashed out the most and not seeing many bjork scrobs. :beatfreak: Must be one of those super situational things, huh?

she’s 21 for me, but that’s only cause i mostly listen to her in colder months for some reason :celestial5:

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fauxtography

• mellenthin

• Yog

• flower moon

1 hour ago, MotoPapi said:

Listen I enjoyed Post, Homogenic, Vespertine , medulla and even most of Volta a lot. But let’s not pretend the work she put after that is literally just noise. No melody, bad vocals, and lyrics that make no sense.

How do you go from saying that people are forcing themselves to like her to saying you literally enjoyed five out of her six first albums? :ahh: 

Further on, you're just referring to Biophilia when you're saying anything past her earlier albums is noise. Did you even listen to Vulnicura (2015)? Literally her most introspective and vocally vulnerable album to date. Even Utopia (2018) has some really vulnerable and beautiful tracks like The Gate and Blissing Me. Sure you can call the flutefest that comes after that on the album annoying, but it isn't noise. :deadbanana4:  And lyrically it makes complete sense.

And HOW are YOU talking about lyrics that make no sense when your name is MotoPapi :ahh: :ahh: :ahh: I loved MOTOMAMI (AOTY contender), but the lyrics on some songs are utter trash according to people who speak Spanish.

Vulnicura is one of the most raw and honest lyrical moments in Björk's career. I'm not sure why you're just blurting out random jabs at whatever aspect of her music you don't like/understand, but it's beyond grasping at straws at this point.

Edited by mellenthin

19 minutes ago, CBC said:

A true stan - the gag of vespertine being your most listened tho :deadbanana2:

5 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

she’s 21 for me, but that’s only cause i mostly listen to her in colder months for some reason :celestial5:

nnnnn there were definitely a few more passionate individuals who had double digits :rip:

This thread was created to state my case but also read and listen to people's perspective's who do genuinely enjoy her (or may even LOVE her). It's just a side little kii that some of the users who posted in here fall under the first point of my post that there's a lot of internal convincing some seem to force themselves into that they like her a lot more than they actually do. :rip:

Of the stuff I heard from Björk it truly doesn't sound like noise or just screaming? But then again a lot of people on this site find even Charli XCX hard to get into :skull:

However her songs are always sooooo long for no reason, there's really not all that much happening to warrant that

1 hour ago, JawBreaker said:

I dont think she "sucks" tho like you are saying about Bjork. 

But I was seeing so many viral tweets about Mitski so I gave her a listen and I was extremely disappointed. It just didnt click with me. But I still do think she's a great artist. Same thing with Bjork, her music is not for me but I see the vision. 

Her latest album kinda sucked but the three albums before that are AMAZING

Yikes. Poor you. Everything from Debut to Medúlla is amazing.

I will say that the further we get from 1993, the less structured her albums become. That might not be your thing (isn't mine). But saying she sucks just because you don't like her music is just nasty.

She has great production tbh. I think Homogenic and Vespertine are among her best albums. Although, can’t say I’m a fan of her voice on most of her tracks.

Cameltoe Chariot

Björk is a living legend and to see the absolute disrespect towards her and her artistic output on display in this thread is, quite frankly, disgusting :biblio:

:ahh:yeah

You are wrong. You do you by not liking her, but saying she sucks is soooo delusional. She's a divine composer and can do any kind of arrangement no matter the instrument. You might not vibe or understand her more experimental work, but she's a technical genius. 

I don't understand how people enjoy pots and pans music...

i guess a lot of people pretend to enjoy it because they want to be cool or different 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

Electric chair babes

I used to think the same until I popped an edible, went on a 5 mile hike in the Forest while it was snowing and listened to Homogenic and Vespertine as there was a winter wonderland around me. It turned me into a fan. I suggest you do the same 

This, her music is much better when you're high. Whether that's a good or a bad thing, not sure 

9 minutes ago, Luckitty said:

I don't understand how people enjoy pots and pans music...

i guess a lot of people pretend to enjoy it because they want to be cool or different 

It's not even pot and pans, hyperpop, etc. :rip:

Much of her music is more orchestral than anything like that

2 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

It's not even pot and pans, hyperpop, etc. :rip:

Much of her music is more orchestral than anything like that

It's just noise

bjork is really incredible, just an acquired tastes

i have to be in a mood to listen to her, but her music is still amazing

It's okay not to like her, but this thread is ignorant af. Like her or not Björk is one of the most influential and respected musicians of all time.

16 hours ago, fauxtography said:

Vespertine is pure garbage

Everything you said becomes invalid just from this opinion alone. Like I get it, maybe Björk is not for YOU, but calling Vespertine garbage? That's literally one of the best albums of all time 

Tumblr: Image

Edited by Venice B

3 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

lyrics that make no sense.

DACA8E89-73FC-48DA-AB55-56053408CF46.thu

1 hour ago, Cain said:

Of the stuff I heard from Björk it truly doesn't sound like noise or just screaming? But then again a lot of people on this site find even Charli XCX hard to get into :skull:

However her songs are always sooooo long for no reason, there's really not all that much happening to warrant that

this tea. Like... Debut is literally just house music with some quirks :skull: her best/most acclaimed songs (Hyperballad, Joga, Pagan Poetry etc) aren't really the inaccessible noise people here make her music out to be

Edited by bestfiction

Her songs are hit or miss from what I've heard. Some amazing songs but some of the worst ones I've ever heard too. I mean this song alone...

The part from 1:55 :bibliahh:

16 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

this tea. Like... Debut is literally just house music with some quirks :skull: her best/most acclaimed songs (Hyperballad, Joga, Pagan Poetry etc) aren't really the inaccessible noise people here make her music out to be

Like... these are just pretty songs, idk what the problem is 

9 minutes ago, InventedGays said:

Also just because music isn’t accessible it doesn’t mean it’s bad, it just means you don’t have the range 

I dont listen to Bjork because her music does not appeal to me in any way shape or form and thats not disrespectful it just isnt what i like

Inaccessible doesn't mean bad :biblionny: Stick to generic elevator music pop girls.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.