• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fauxtography

• mellenthin

• Yog

• flower moon

She doesn't suck, but her music is definitely not for everyone.

I tried and I gave up after the 2007 album. She can't sing and the worst part is that she's not even singing on beat.

Edited by St. Francis

Her msuic sucks. Some gays only pretend to stan her cause they want validation  :siptea:

The people literally spewing hatred toward Björk, not being able to simply say they don't like her, sitting with their Puth/Swift/Grande avis is taking me OUT :ahh: 

The pattern is too apparent to discard. :deadbanana4: 

Insanity

Edited by mellenthin

• ATRL Moderator

I disagree, but she's definitely overrated in a way :thing: 

30 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

DACA8E89-73FC-48DA-AB55-56053408CF46.thu

Not when you have that insipid mayo of pop as your avi

Can Putin just take over already and do his thing with gays 

I disagree, she one of the most imaginative & creative artists of all time

7 hours ago, Protocol said:

Her music is the primal childlike scream of her small nation of Iceland put through a gritty kaleidoscopic filter of broken up beats, shuffles and crunches

This description is more interesting than any of her music. Maybe she should hire you. :johnald:

This is me whenever I try to listen to any of those experimental avant-grade girls.

1 minute ago, GoatGly said:

This is me whenever I try to listen to any of those experimental avant-grade girls.

Oh honey, do yourself an favor and expend your musical tastes,  there’s more in music than mostly good but very predictable & formulaic from Taylor Swift…

33 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

Yeah her best song is it’s oh so quiet tbh

That song is literally don’t rain on my parade 

Edited by gugunikko

45 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

She doesn't suck, but her music is definitely not for everyone.

I tried and I gave up after the 2007 album. She can't sing and the worst part is that she's not even singing on beat.

She’s sometimes off key in studio version like Paula Abdul. She reminds me of those white SoundCloud wannabe rapper just random yelling things over hip hop beats. 

34 minutes ago, GoatGly said:

ur used to basicness

8DCA96E6-5EFE-4488-96ED-B5FADF59CF24.thu

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

ur used to basicness

this is literally the answer to all of these basic avi ho3s, they haven't expanded their music taste in the slightest

9 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

i tried listening to her biggest songs and i couldn’t get past 10 seconds :deadbanana4: 

I had a similar experience years back , I might try again now I'm older and see if I missed something :toofunny3:

My ex and I broke up partially because he hated Björk and she's one of my favorite artists :rip: We went to her show in New York back in 2019 and he still didn't get it

I just think she makes music for a purpose that doesn't cater to most ATRLers who love catchy music with straightforward structures and melodies. Save for some early hits she doesn't really make bops. Her visceral vocals and experiments with musical form allow the emotion of her music to really breathe in a way that is rarely achieved in pop songs. I usually put her on when I'm in a contemplative mood and want to feel my emotions more deeply, not when I want to listen to something catchy or uplifting

She's great at what she does, but not everyone uses music for that purpose so it's understandable 

Edited by shookspeare

the superiority complex of some users :deadbanana4:

the fact that you listen to 'avant-garde' artists instead 'basic' ones doesn't make you and your musical taste better

• Like 1

She has a quite a gems and I agree that Post (followed by Homogenic) is her best album, but a lot of her discography is just plain tedious and lack any sort of melody throughout unless you’re super into transcendental elements alone. 

Edited by BGKC

Each to their own, but everything from Debut to Vespertine is wonderful. However, I didn't like Medulla or Volta and don't think I've ever listened to the last 3 albums.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Flomik said:

the superiority complex of some users :deadbanana4:

the fact that you listen to 'avant-garde' artists instead 'basic' ones doesn't make you and your musical taste better

the inferiority complex of the rest of you :deadbanana4: 

it's the nerve saying people who listen to björk only wants to be edgy and different that is the problem here. it completely disregards björk's talent, artistry and impact. just because YOU (not necessarily directed at you) don't get her music, doesn't give you the right to completely **** on her career and what she has accomplished. the reason most people don't get her music is because they haven't listened to enough music and expanded their musical ear, and I'm saying this from personal experience myself. i'm not saying everyone has to like her music, her voice or anything about her. but the things people are saying are just completely ignorant and rude and based off of their own musical ignorance.

and apropos the superiority complex thing, it's really not that deep. i listen to and really like nicki, taylor, ariana etc., but to not be able to see that their music is basic is hilarious to me. basic doesn't mean bad, it just means it's not very complex or advanced in terms of sonics, production (instruments, arrangements etc.) or lyricism. and complex doesn't equal good nor bad. it's just tiresome when people nonchalantly disregard (or in this case, completely **** on) music like björk's because it's "edgy" and weird just because their own musical knowledge can't make sense of it.

Edited by mellenthin

2 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

Me when I heard MITSKI a few weeks ago :rip:

Let's not do Mitski like that now :rip:

Well, this certainly sparked a conversation didn't it

https://atrl.net/uploads/monthly_2021_10/2010023312_david-lynch-mulholland-drive-01Cropped.thumb.jpg.07f2e569fb6e503cea904bde299931ea.jpg

• ATRL Moderator

Homogenic is a fantastic album and pretty accessible but her newer stuff can be pretty jarring without multiple listens

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.