Hot take: Bjork actually sucks, why?

fauxtography

Question for the culture  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Bjork sucks y/n

• Yes
    • No

What a pointless thread. Vespertine is easily one of the best albums of all time. If you don't get it just say you don't get it and go.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fauxtography

• mellenthin

• Yog

• flower moon

Her videos are amazing or at least most of them but I find her music unlistenable bar 1-2 songs :rip: 

I’ve tried a couple songs and she’s not for me but like others have said, it’s nice to have someone trying something new. Sufjan Stevens is that for me 

• ATRL Moderator

Loud and wrong!

Wouldn't say she sucks but she's definitely not my type of music.

0sHxwlM.gif

However people used to tell me kerli is very bjork but I don't hear it. 

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

Not when you have that insipid mayo of pop as your avi

imagine coming at Taylor and saying Björk “screams nonsense” when Rosalía sang about absolutely nothing for half of her latest album  :rip: 

as if Motomami made more sense than Medulla :bibliahh:

4 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

Me when I heard MITSKI a few weeks ago :rip:

ok now THIS isn't it :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, xfreshkidxx said:

She really does. The ones pretending to like just want to make it look like they listen to "real music" pretenious losers. :ducky:

This. It’s not even worth going back and forth with them… 

fiona Apple I could understand. But this pretentious they force themselves to like to seem so “indie” and avant- garde LOL 

They fact they admit they have to get high to enjoy her music :rip:

What has been interesting about this thread is auditing the last.fm's of users who lashed out the most and not seeing many bjork scrobs. :beatfreak: Must be one of those super situational things, huh?

11 hours ago, BOAZ said:

It seems to me like this thread is full of personal problems, not objective facts :lakitu:

MY personal problems is that people like you who don't like Bjork always feel the need to dissect why her fans like her in the first place, like we pretend to dig her music to be edgy or whatever the **** you come up with :rip:if I had a euro for all the time I heard the word "Pretentious" I would be hella rich :toofunny2: when in the end is always the other end of the stick who acts REAL pretentious - "Hot take Bjork actually sucks" like lol who the hell are you to decide that :toofunny2:

Can't you just give up and accept that not everyone is into the same things, that nobody is spending their time pretending to appreciate a music artist out of... Social pressure? Nobody is forcing you on anything. 

tl,dr: Buy B10 when it comes out you bunch of French word for elongated bread

All of this :clap3:

people like you make me sick

15 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

fiona Apple I could understand. But this pretentious they force themselves to like to seem so “indie” and avant- garde LOL 

rosalia literally thanked bjork when she won a latin grammy, lets not. 

16 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

What a ******* disgusting take. Talk about superiority complex. 

How can you sit here and literally belittle majority of people in this thread for liking an artist you don't like, saying they're forcing themselves to do it to seem indie? I'm actually shocked at how nonchalant, ignorant and close-minded you are. 

Just don't like her music and get on with your day. Your life must be absolutely miserable feeling the need to bring down and taunt people for listening to and liking one of the most groundbreaking artists of modern times. 

What bothers me is people saying we "pretend" to like her to fit into some sort of box :skull: what kind of generalization without fundament is that. It's perfectly fine not to like her but some of you are doing the absolute most lmao, there's no need to completely discredit her as an artist to say "i don't enjoy her music", and to mock her listeners based on some weird stereotype y'all created yourselves  :toofunny2:

The way some of these pop stans wake up this morning and thinking they wannabe edgier than Björk with their opinion. Praying for their lack of taste & ignorance.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFUMm9s5p_HLhpPfCYGfW

5 hours ago, Eric. said:

Not to mention most of her music has gotten way less alternative and less melodic and more avant garde/experimental with each new album. 

She really is an acquired taste and the best way to introduce someone to her music is indeed chronologically. That Debut-Post-Homogenic album run is perfection. 

Ngl, the first Björk album I ever bought was Volta and it was such a departure from all the alt pop music I had been used to from her that I got a little buyers remorse. 

Her latest three albums are good, but they're also like an impressive museum exhibit (Biophilia was literally an app too). You experience them once, enjoy them a lot, but don't really have an urge to go back to them.

spill! idk how Utopia became a regular listen for me but i literally have not returned to it since late 2018 :rip:

9 minutes ago, ninasayers said:

What bothers me is people saying we "pretend" to like her to fit into some sort of box :skull: what kind of generalization without fundament is that. It's perfectly fine not to like her but some of you are doing the absolute most lmao, there's no need to completely discredit her as an artist to say "i don't enjoy her music", and to mock her listeners based on some weird stereotype y'all created yourselves  :toofunny2:

41 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

What has been interesting about this thread is auditing the last.fm's of users who lashed out the most and not seeing many bjork scrobs. :beatfreak: Must be one of those super situational things, huh?

you made a point here, so many björk "stans" I see on here don't even have her in their top 20, sometimes their top 50 :rip: 

22 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

What a ******* disgusting take. Talk about superiority complex. 

How can you sit here and literally belittle majority of people in this thread for liking an artist you don't like, saying they're forcing themselves to do it to seem indie? I'm actually shocked at how nonchalant, ignorant and close-minded you are. 

Just don't like her music and get on with your day. Your life must be absolutely miserable feeling the need to bring down and taunt people for listening to and liking one of the most groundbreaking artists of modern times. 

Listen I enjoyed Post, Homogenic, Vespertine , medulla and even most of Volta a lot. But let’s not pretend the work she put after that is literally just noise. No melody, bad vocals, and lyrics that make no sense.

53 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

ok now THIS isn't it :deadbanana2:

I dont think she "sucks" tho like you are saying about Bjork. 

But I was seeing so many viral tweets about Mitski so I gave her a listen and I was extremely disappointed. It just didnt click with me. But I still do think she's a great artist. Same thing with Bjork, her music is not for me but I see the vision. 

33 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

one of the most groundbreaking artists of modern times. 

chile anybody can hop on a track and talk over a beat... especially when you don't have a melody you have to follow  :rip:

1 hour ago, fauxtography said:

:coffee:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.