Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Did your mom or your dad propose?

Featured Replies

Very interesting question, my parents were on an argument a couple nights ago saying that my mom wanted a bigger proposal. But then I asked her; why couldn't you be the one who proposed to him? After all, aren't we all looking for equality? This feels like equalitarian in a way that the male doesn't have to be the one that poses the question. I remember in high school this classmate of mine it was his mom that proposed and it doesn't seem like that big of a deal with me. 

 

Did your dad make the proposal or did your mom do it? And do you think this expectation should change? 

 

 

I don't know. I think after my dad knocked her up with me. She Said you gotta marry me now because I dont want your ex misses getting everything and leave marnie and I with nothing.

 

So I guess in a way she did. 16 years later he passed and that ex of his did try and take everything from us. Luckily she couldn't because they never married and my mum was smart to make the move.

 

It wasn't really for love.. guess it shows. :deadbanana4: think I ruined there plan of life.  

My parents never actually married but my dad did propose and my mom said no since they were teenagers and my mom was only 15 years old when she had me and they separated before I turned 3 anyways, so it's safe to say they dodged a failed marriage :toofunny2:

 

21 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

think I ruined there plan of life.  

They did that themselves x

 

OT: My dad just casually asked my mother during dinner when they’re gonna marry now that they have a child, it wasn’t a very romantic relationship. 

  • Author
21 minutes ago, Subzero said:

My parents never actually married but my dad did propose and my mom said no since they were teenagers and my mom was only 15 years old when she had me and they separated before I turned 3 anyways, so it's safe to say they dodged a failed marriage :toofunny2:

 

Oh wow she was 15 when she had you? How old are you both now? 

I don't really know. They've never told me the story how they became engaged although I do know it was pretty quick (they got married less than two years after meeting).

My father proposed. Apparently he said "I'm only going to ask you this once, and if you say 'no' I'm never gonna ask again. You wanna get married?" And one time my mother told me she only said "yes" because she knew no one else would ever propose to her. 

My parents never got married

 

I don't want to marry anyone but if I did I would have no interest in proposing to a man, idc what other couples decide to do

 

If men feel that strongly about women proposing then they should find a woman who doesn't mind doing so, it's not that deep and tbh a lot of men would feel emasculated if this happened to them lmao

Edited by Exquisite

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.