Golden Hit: Season 1 📀 Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! 🏆🏆

fountain

48 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

Don't have high expectations. :eddie: It's one of the six Evanescence songs I'm listening to, but have also gotten very distracted by how good the songs are. Amy Lee is a belting queen. I finished my draft though, so we'll see!

But I really liked your round one song, so it’s natural that I’d anticipate more greatness :eddie:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, fountain said:

But I really liked your round one song, so it’s natural that I’d anticipate more greatness :eddie:

I hope I don’t let you down!

1 hour ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

S*I*S*T*A*R

Pin on Sistar

S P L A S H!

GIF sistar - animated GIF on GIFER

Visual: to be continued...

HANAMI-BLOSSOM

47 minutes ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

Anyone familiar with SISTAR I'm definitely going for a more Touch My Body/Loving U/I Swear/SHAKE IT and Hyolyn's solo SEE SEA vibe than their more sultry songs. I'm so hyped! :johnald:

Round 1 was fun for me creating the fantasy world but I wouldn't say Skydiving Raindrops of Honey is "fun, lighthearted, poppy" even though it's not serious or emotional either. This time I'm really gonna have fun writing a K-Pop hit. This is something I've been wanting to do for a while! :smitten:

Skydiving Raindrops of Honey was highly conceptual :jonny3: It was kind of tiring sticking to that, so I'm ready to just let loose and write a BOP :date: I won't have to be really conceptual with the song this time.

27 minutes ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

This round is making me so happy :cries:

Listening to SISTAR's songs of slayage and writing a song "for" them at the same time, ah!

:smitten:

For future rounds I might pretend like I'm writing songs for other artists too - it's so stimulating creatively.

I've typically written more imagery-based songs, so to write something with catchy hooks is so freeing. :celestial4: I love it!

This title already is already totally serving SISTAR :jonny6:

I love both of their sides but the summer songs are just completely irresistible… Loving U is my fave tbh, it kinda sounds nostalgic and cute, but it’s also really summery, a perfect bop. Bora’s “okay, let’s talk about love!” :jonny5: you better give queen her rightful 2 lines of rap! 

I’m really glad people seem to be enjoying this challenge :clap3: I thought it would be a fun one to channel our faves and live the fantasy of writing for them! I really like all the challenges tbh, we’ve picked a great list of both new and old ideas that I think should be great to spark creativity but also be enjoyable, and for these first two the hope was definitely to kick the game off in a really fun way. 

Every whisper of your love echoes all around

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

:flame::WAP:

I'm living for this one lyric I just wrote!

It's giving me ASMR Boyfriend Roleplay - Extra Tingly Mouth Sounds "I LICK YOU" Eargasm + Crinkles and Tapping! :dies: :blush:

My song is a tribute to all of women in art like Lana and me… we do some research and wanted to see how women are treated so bad just because being women even when they are successful, talented, pretty and also how that affects their relationships because men can’t stand having a woman next to them being superior… that’s for us, for Lana, for Joni Mitchell who was our principal muse -we mentioned her song Woman Of Heart And Mind on the chorus- my female artists sisters that makes masterpieces every day and are always ahead of her times, for Kim Kardashian, Taylor Swift, Kesha, North West, my sister, Chuck Grant, Nikki Lane, Zella Day, Weyes Blood, my granny, our future daughters, the girls doing cocaine right now, the ones that are ******* married man right  now and basically all of the girls of the world xx

Edited by Julia Fox

My song SPLASH! for this round is a HOOT to write. :johnald: I'm having a lot of fun.

@fountain I just wrote Bora's rap verse so be on the lookout for that! :gaycat3:

We are SISTAR, splishing and splashing, keeping everyone dancing

Sistar GIF - Find on GIFER

37 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

My song is a tribute to all of women in art like Lana and me… we do some research and wanted to see how women are treated so bad just because being women even when they are successful, talented, pretty and also how that affects their relationships because men can’t stand having a woman next to them being superior… that’s for us, for Lana, for Joni Mitchell who was our principal muse -we mentioned her song Woman Of Heart And Mind on the chorus- my female artists sisters that makes masterpieces every day and are always ahead of her times, for Kim Kardashian, Taylor Swift, Kesha, North West, my sister, Chuck Grant, Nikki Lane, Zella Day, Weyes Blood, my granny, our future daughters, the girls doing cocaine right now, the ones that are ******* married man right  now and basically all of the girls of the world xx

We love a feminist anthem! It’ll be a masterpiece I am sure, if I do say so myself x

29 minutes ago, Hanami-Blossom said:

My song SPLASH! for this round is a HOOT to write. :johnald: I'm having a lot of fun.

@fountain I just wrote Bora's rap verse so be on the lookout for that! :gaycat3:

We are SISTAR, splishing and splashing, keeping everyone dancing

Sistar GIF - Find on GIFER

Ahhhh queen getting those lines

sistar-ma-boy.gif

3 hours ago, Better Mistakes said:

king of pop and squid games

omg you are here too :jonny5: good luck to us

6 hours ago, Prisoner said:

The speed- I'm still struggling to pick an artist :jonnycat:

oh hun i picked the most basic one :deadbanana2: i know you are gonna come up with something great whoever you pick

Angry song  :mad:

THEY JUST HAD TO TELL ME

(Just took my sorrows to sightsee)

THEY JUST HAD TO TELL ME

(A fine day on the periphery)

1 minute ago, hurricane326 said:

I see what you did there

My favorite word, ngl 

2 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

Would you mind sharing the full song you won with?

Absolutely not, I did share it in some comment earlier

RUPTURE

[Verse 1]

Bound and released

Dragging our decaying bodies

Through decaying fancies

And decaying sceneries

Oh, I know, you never go to strangers

You’ll just be unearthing

Some dusty ventures

[Verse 2]

They must be missing your company

Go tell them about the joys of your astronomy

Tell them the weather around me is still murky

And my mind is still so worldly

[Chorus]

Wait on your auspicious conjuncture

I’ll just pace the earth

Sensing the impending rupture

[Verse 3]

And I envy you

The groundless fantasies you lay to

You talk of elysian fields and past glories

And I’ll sleep to my earthly recurring worries

[Verse 4]

You’ll look to the constellations for consolation

And I’ll just be barefoot in the yard

Forgetting sense and intention

Glaring very hard

At your rosemary and lavender

[Chorus]

I’ll just pace the earth

[Verse 5]

I could tell those days of warfare

When you’d double-check the pressure on your spare

Those astral calendars by which you swear

Sometimes tell you to beware

Be aware everywhere, you must prepare!

[Verse 6]

Now, I just want to sit very still

Watching your centaur temper sliding downhill

Another hot December

You spent matching earthen matters

To the seasons in your ledger

Too far from the damp mounds

Of our home grounds

And the discounts

And the approving gaze

And the lonely grave

Of that uptown street vendor

[Chorus]

I’ll just pace the earth

9 hours ago, Prisoner said:

@fountain is it okay if I pick an instrumental artist(or music composer) as my muse? I haven't listened to songs for quite a while now and I can't find any singer/lyricist to connect with :skull:

So we’ve discussed this and unfortunately we’re gonna have to say no to this one… the issue is this isn’t as much a muse challenge but rather a studio session challenge in which you’re supposed to envision yourself writing with the artist of your choice in a setting like that, and it gets tricky because with picking somebody who is a composer or an instrumentalist, in that scenario you wouldn’t be writing anything, if that makes sense? The focus is on the writing element, otherwise if the challenge were different of course there’d be no problem.

There must be somebody to connect with, at least on some level. If not specifically with their lyrics, then with their personal life? :chick3:

gonna flop but 

Lorenzo22 - Taylor Swift

unknown.png

Hey, Hitmakers! Almost four days remain on the countdown clock for Round 2's Studio Session challenge, which is plenty of time to get writing.

I trust everyone is feeling creative and inspired by some of the artists they look up to the most—what an eclectic list of claimed artists already. :eek:

Remember, if you've only just discovered Golden Hit or simply didn't wish to participate in Round 1, fear not: sign-ups are still open—just submit!

With that, it's time to present the top three of last round's Element challenge with their bonus prizes: the Hit Tokens!

I've been in contact with our trio of top writers for the week, and done my best to grant their requests for embossment.

:matty:

Celebrating a third place triumph with “White Flag” and its wondrous 8.6 score:
unknown.png

@Legend E

Here is your Bronze Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Madonna (circa Ray of Light era). :3rdplace:

Celebrating a second place success with “Wind Chimes” and its champion 8.7 score:

unknown.png

@Prisoner

Here is your Silver Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Chihiro (from Spirited Away). :2ndplace:

Celebrating a first place finish with “Rupture” and its rapturous 9.033 score:

unknown.png

@GentleDance

Here is your Golden Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Joni Mitchell. :1stplace:

I hope you all enjoy your Hit Tokens as much as I did making them! Feel free to use them as a forum avatar if you wish, or just let them be a reminder of your time in Golden Hit—ultimately the choice is yours, and if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake. Remember, the top three writers of each round will earn their own Hit Token just like the three above, so make sure to submit each week for the best chance to claim one of these bonus prizes. :lee:

unknown.png

Also, I updated the Round 1 rankings table slightly (just some minor formatting fixes I didn't know would work out well during results):

On 5/22/2022 at 2:46 PM, Aurora said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Rank Writer Song Title Score
1 @GentleDance “Rupture” 9.033
2 @Prisoner “Wind Chimes” 8.7
3 @Legend E “White Flag” 8.6
4 @Remmy “Flowerbloom” 8.333
@8thPrince “Wind Rather Than Sun”
@Achilles. “Persephone (Another World)”
7 @☆lex “Warm Winter Wind” 8.2
8 @Hanami-Blossom “Skydiving Raindrops of Honey” 8.167
9 @RobDeWittBukater “Stranded in Your Arms” 8.133
10 @hurricane326 “On a Sea of Glass” 8.067
11 @Hug “RAVAGED” 8.033
12 @Arrows “careful, boy” 8
13 @Jackson “Bike Lane” 7.9
14 @ughgabriel “sequoias on fire” 7.867
15 @Euterpe “Ley Lines” 7.7
16 @Tylerbv “Sail Away” 7.567
17 @EpicSongFan “Scorching Memory” 7.5
@luckystrike “picking petals”
@OreGuy “Forever Young”
@Augmented “Navy Mind”
@boubour “Need To Know”
22 @TruGemini “Dive” 6.9
23 @Jessie “Ex-Flame” 6.767
24 @Julia Fox “Holy Ground” 6.7
25 @Astro “Hypochondriac” 6.633
26 @JoeAg “you in those depths” 6.567
27 @mxtthewdelrey “If I Leave This Earth” 6.167
28 @DatChickDoe “Mud” 5.933
29 @Better Mistakes “Plastic Heart” 5.733
30 @Lorenzo22 “Keep Me Warm” 5.533
31 @Insanity “Temporary Fix” 4.9
32 @D e v o n “in de woods” 2.833

unknown.png

20 minutes ago, Remmy said:

Amazing coins :flame::flame::flame:

I should have made an honorary HOEken for "Flowerbloom". :jonny6:

• ATRL Moderator

OMG THAT LOOKS GREAT, THANK YOU LEGEND :weeps:

38 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I should have made an honorary HOEken for "Flowerbloom". :jonny6:

exactly-raven.gif

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

unknown.png

Hey, Hitmakers! Almost four days remain on the countdown clock for Round 2's Studio Session challenge, which is plenty of time to get writing.

I trust everyone is feeling creative and inspired by some of the artists they look up to the most—what an eclectic list of claimed artists already. :eek:

Remember, if you've only just discovered Golden Hit or simply didn't wish to participate in Round 1, fear not: sign-ups are still open—just submit!

With that, it's time to present the top three of last round's Element challenge with their bonus prizes: the Hit Tokens!

I've been in contact with our trio of top writers for the week, and done my best to grant their requests for embossment.

unknown.png

@Legend E

Here is your Bronze Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Madonna (circa Ray of Light era). :3rdplace:

Celebrating a second place success with “Wind Chimes” and its champion 8.7 score:

unknown.png

@Prisoner

Here is your Silver Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Chihiro (from Spirited Away). :2ndplace:

unknown.png

@GentleDance

Here is your Golden Hit Token embossed with your ATRL username and Joni Mitchell. :1stplace:

I hope you all enjoy your Hit Tokens as much as I did making them! Feel free to use them as a forum avatar if you wish, or just let them be a reminder of your time in Golden Hit—ultimately the choice is yours, and if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with your token or simply wish to change the embossed graphic/text please contact me and I can arrange a remake. Remember, the top three writers of each round will earn their own Hit Token just like the three above, so make sure to submit each week for the best chance to claim one of these bonus prizes. :lee:

unknown.png

These are gorgeous, thank you :jonny4:

9 hours ago, fountain said:

So we’ve discussed this and unfortunately we’re gonna have to say no to this one… the issue is this isn’t as much a muse challenge but rather a studio session challenge in which you’re supposed to envision yourself writing with the artist of your choice in a setting like that, and it gets tricky because with picking somebody who is a composer or an instrumentalist, in that scenario you wouldn’t be writing anything, if that makes sense? The focus is on the writing element, otherwise if the challenge were different of course there’d be no problem.

There must be somebody to connect with, at least on some level. If not specifically with their lyrics, then with their personal life? :chick3:

Alright. I'm sure I'll find someone don't worry :gaycat3:

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

unknown.png

This is so so lovely! Thank you :jonny:

You know, if I wanted to pivot and do a sex bop again, I wouldn't even have to switch artist choices. Xydo has written for others in the past, including these K-llapses

Wow something shifted when these came out

7 hours ago, Aurora said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

@Legend E

unknown.png

@Prisoner

unknown.png

@GentleDance

unknown.png

Ahh they look so good :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.