STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Pop girls least cited as influence by new generation of artists?

GiftFromGod

• ATRL Moderator

People saying Rihanna...clearly don't listen to Black artists.

The answer seems like P!nk. I never hear her cited, which is especially striking given how successful she's been.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• KKCuteCat

• Abel Minaj

• Into The Void

On 4/26/2022 at 10:41 PM, IamCY said:

Katy, who would want to admit to being an uninspired act? 

:deadbanana4:

Compared to other big acts from the 80s/90s, Celine Dion doesn't get half the mentions that Whitney, Madonna, Janet, or Mariah get (despite outselling most of them).

On 4/25/2022 at 5:39 PM, Breathe On Moi said:

Didn’t Doja claim Katy? 
Rihanna is undisputed and her blueprint is obvious. 

i think the correct answers are like Kelly, P!nk, Nelly, Gwen, JLo and Hilary unfortunately. 

I think Becky G has mentioned JLO as an inspiration.

• ATRL Moderator
On 4/26/2022 at 12:12 AM, Ab1818 said:

Simon himself has said the o.g judges and other contestants wouldn’t have a career if it wasn’t for Kelly lol. Everyone knows Kelly is the reason why talent shows got big after her win and immediate success. :)  This is not mentioning the rest of her tv career and the upcoming music/talk show clones.

——-

Anyway,  plenty people have said Kelly has inspired them. There are countless interviews on YouTube of artists of right now saying they were inspired by her songs, song writing and her voice. I think people on here are just a bit lazy and don’t take the time or just name whoever they don’t like and/or don’t pay attention to. But hey, that’s atrl for you.  

? 

Tea!

I also think a lot of people are forgetting that Since U Been Gone was kind of the blueprint for so many hits that followed it.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:38 PM, Pop Trash said:

Pink's M!ssundaztood album/work with Linda Perry helped evolve her image from her first album, and obviously inspired Christina Aguilera to work with Linda on Stripped. Whether Christina would admit it or not, to me that's a clear-cut example of Pink inspiring even one of her contemporaries. And obviously both of those albums inspired younger pop girls as well. But Linda was basically a has-been at that point, Pink really brought her back from the dead and I think M!ssundaztood is influential even if some people think Pink as a performer/pop girl isn't.

My overall answer to this question: Adele.

It was Linda who approached Xtina to work together though when she saw her at a bar. This was said by Linda herself. Up to that point all of Stripped were Dallas Austin songs and Stripped was going to be called Listen.  To me Stripped is a mish mosh of Jagged Little Pill + The Velvet Rope. Xtina is a huge Janet Jackson fan and Janets influence on stripped is evident.

the users mentioning rihanna must be trolling 'cause :rip:

On 4/27/2022 at 4:26 AM, Gabriel Guedes said:

P!nk has been cited by: 

Adele

Dua Lipa

Halsey

Katy Perry

Kelly Clarkson

Jessie J

Rita Ora

Anne Marie

Miley Cyrus

Demi Lovato

Alessia Cara

Julia Michaels

Hailee Stenfield

Lea Michele

Ashley Tisdale

I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember all of them. But I guess y'all can chill now and stop randomly name-droping P!nk here

Thank you :clap3:

On 4/27/2022 at 5:28 AM, Tylerbv said:

People saying pink and kelly are stupid

This. 

On 4/27/2022 at 10:19 AM, Mystic Boy said:

OT: People saying Pink when she's the reason the biggest artist to explode this century aka Adele wanted to do music after attending a concert of hers :toofunny3:

Also this. 

OT: Are ATRL users that stupid? P!nk? Really? Countless pop girls have cited her as an influence. The whole music industry respects her yet she's always underestimated by this stupid site. Watch her outsell your faves with her upcoming album again. 

On 4/27/2022 at 7:30 AM, Digitalism said:

It's P!nk, Adele, Fergie and Jlo

Cardi B, Becky G, Natti Natasha, Rita Ora, Karol G, Bebe Rexha, Selena Gomez, Sabrina Carpenter, Princess Nokia, etc.

Lady Gaga also said:

"You're an inspiration for so many. Thank you for the force of nature you been all over the world. Throughout high school we sang and imitated Jennifer. Imitating you while we strengthened our bond. You brought us so much joy. There's no doubt in my mind that you will be loved forever. As the powerhouse of a performer and woman that you are. Thank you for making so many memories for me and my friends that I will cherish forever in my heart."

:heart:

I think katy

1 hour ago, ninasayers said:

the users mentioning rihanna must be trolling 'cause :rip:

Look like Atrl hate Rihanna and are don't believe the reality. 

PD: Karol G has a tattoo with  Rihanna's face and recreated the wild though video. Doja, Cardi, Camila, Becky G, Willow, Billie, Ariana, sweetie, Lizzo, Anita, Rosalía, Aya,....... 

It’s Katy because she’s the most of her time product but she couldn’t dance like say Paula Abdul so people are left being nostalgic for her bops and image but no one really wants to emulate that. 

She still has impact tho, all the main girls do

Out of the the stars who dominated in the 2010s it’s Adele and Katy.

Yeah pink sounds right. 

what a disingenuous manipulation of a question lmao

the quality and specificity of the impact of said artist would be more interesting. some of these are hard to answer because their impact is constantly happening ie. RiRi so while we see it now we also have to wait a bit to really see it

On 4/26/2022 at 1:39 AM, brainmaniac said:

The pop rock girls like Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne don’t get named as much as the “standard” pop girls. Although to be fair, more people are naming Avril recently. 

sis you cants compare flop like Kelly and soccer mom corn !!nk to Avril Lavigne :deadbanana4:

11 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

Cardi B, Becky G, Natti Natasha, Rita Ora, Karol G, Bebe Rexha, Selena Gomez, Sabrina Carpenter, Princess Nokia, etc.

Lady Gaga also said:

"You're an inspiration for so many. Thank you for the force of nature you been all over the world. Throughout high school we sang and imitated Jennifer. Imitating you while we strengthened our bond. You brought us so much joy. There's no doubt in my mind that you will be loved forever. As the powerhouse of a performer and woman that you are. Thank you for making so many memories for me and my friends that I will cherish forever in my heart."

:heart:

not you using flops to justify J lo :deadbanana4:

I don't think anyone has ever cited P!nk as an inspiration. I mean nothing against the woman she makes good pop songs. But nothing about her work is remembered or has shifted the pop scene. If she's ever cited , only as a favourite and nothing else. 

Katy perry : I mean she had a great run but again just pop songs with good music videos. Nothing too notable. 

Maybe Rihanna and Xtina? Then again Xtina has stripped which is somewhat remembered and cited. But as much as i LOVE Rih she doesn't have " The album" .... YET. 

8 hours ago, Pristine said:

not you using flops to justify J lo :deadbanana4:

What does have to do with the question? So because they aren't MPGs they weren't influenced or inspired by her? How does that make sense.

Becky G & Karol G are currently #1 on the Latin chart and reached the Top 20 of the BB Hot 100. Selena Gomez, Rita Ora, Bebe Rexha have had countless hits and success in the music industry. And interesting how you skip Cardi B.

On 4/25/2022 at 8:44 PM, Abel Minaj said:

People saying Rihanna have got to be trolling :rip:

OT: Megan Thee Stallion

And you’re trolling more since Megan is a brand new artist.

ot: Rihanna, since she is a clone of Beyoncé every time Judy references the original. 

Ava said she’s inspired by Britney, Mariah, Kelly, Whitney and Xtina. And we CAN tell :celestial2:

Whoever says demi lovato is a dumbass, halsey, tory, camila, olivia rodrigo, alessia cara, shawn mendes, charlie puth to name a few, all cited them as the artist that they looked up to and covered their music countless times…yall talk out of your asses atp with no grounds :coffee:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.