STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Pop girls least cited as influence by new generation of artists?

GiftFromGod

Rihanna would've been a valid answer like 6 years ago but not nowadays when almost every girl calls her an influence.

As much as I love her, it's probably Adele, she's been smashing hard I haven't seen anyone call her an inspiration or that they were influenced by her.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• KKCuteCat

• Abel Minaj

• Into The Void

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

Rihanna would've been a valid answer like 6 years ago but not nowadays when almost every girl calls her an influence.

Who? Do you have a video of these girls allegedly calling her an influence of theirs? I've never seen anyone list Rihanna as an influence.

Isn't Olivia Rodrigo covering Katy songs on tour? 

Anyhow, no current popular artist mentions Gaga as influence :sorry:

• ATRL Moderator

Kelly C. inspired Demi, Kelsea Ballerini, and Ava Max for what it's worth.

On 4/25/2022 at 8:39 PM, Breathe On Moi said:

Didn’t Doja claim Katy? 
Rihanna is undisputed and her blueprint is obvious. 

i think the correct answers are like Kelly, P!nk, Nelly, Gwen, JLo and Hilary unfortunately. 

Let's not oversell it with her blueprint now...

Nelly might be the right answer because Kelly and Pink have influence. Gwen has influence and JLO definitely has influence for Selena Gomez and other girls much less the big booty trend alone.

Alicia Keys, Nelly Furtado, Jessica Simpson and Miley/Demi/Miley

People saying Rih :rip:

i guess Katy, Pink among others

26 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Kelly C. inspired Demi, Kelsea Ballerini, and Ava Max for what it's worth.

Yep. Halsey too. There’s videos of them all saying KC’s lyrics and voice influenced them. I think sometimes some atrl members forget youtube exists. ?

Y’all keep naming like 3 artists who have cited someone as an influence thinking that disqualifies them as an answer to this thread but the thread asks who is -least- cited as an influence to other artists. Doesn’t mean never cited, just significantly less. And I think the barrier is clear 

most cited: Madonna, Mariah, Janet, Britney, Beyonce, Taylor, Gaga, etc

least cited: Katy, Nelly, Kelly, P!nk, etc.

Also, it’s weird when people name artists like Dua, Olivia, or Ava who have been around for less than 5 years :rip: Of course they won’t have influenced anyone yet. Only a few artists in history have influenced others instantly (Billie being one of the notorious recent examples) 

10 minutes ago, Ab1818 said:

Yep. Halsey too. There’s videos of them all saying KC’s lyrics and voice influenced them. I think sometimes some atrl members forget youtube exists. ?

If it counts for anything, Kelly's American Idol win and success inspired many people to try out for American Idol which produced many artists. Randy, Paula, and Simon always say that there wouldn't have been an American Idol without Kelly.

P!nk has been cited by: 

Adele

Dua Lipa

Halsey

Katy Perry

Kelly Clarkson

Jessie J

Rita Ora

Anne Marie

Miley Cyrus

Demi Lovato

Alessia Cara

Julia Michaels

Hailee Stenfield

Lea Michele

Ashley Tisdale

I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember all of them. But I guess y'all can chill now and stop randomly name-droping P!nk here

People saying pink and kelly are stupid

Pink's M!ssundaztood album/work with Linda Perry helped evolve her image from her first album, and obviously inspired Christina Aguilera to work with Linda on Stripped. Whether Christina would admit it or not, to me that's a clear-cut example of Pink inspiring even one of her contemporaries. And obviously both of those albums inspired younger pop girls as well. But Linda was basically a has-been at that point, Pink really brought her back from the dead and I think M!ssundaztood is influential even if some people think Pink as a performer/pop girl isn't.

My overall answer to this question: Adele.

1 hour ago, Gabriel Guedes said:

P!nk has been cited by: 

Adele

Dua Lipa

Halsey

Katy Perry

Kelly Clarkson

Jessie J

Rita Ora

Anne Marie

Miley Cyrus

Demi Lovato

Alessia Cara

Julia Michaels

Hailee Stenfield

Lea Michele

Ashley Tisdale

I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember all of them. But I guess y'all can chill now and stop randomly name-droping P!nk here

42 minutes ago, Pop Trash said:

Pink's M!ssundaztood album/work with Linda Perry helped evolve her image from her first album, and obviously inspired Christina Aguilera to work with Linda on Stripped. Whether Christina would admit it or not, to me that's a clear-cut example of Pink inspiring even one of her contemporaries. And obviously both of those albums inspired younger pop girls as well. But Linda was basically a has-been at that point, Pink really brought her back from the dead and I think M!ssundaztood is influential even if some people think Pink as a performer/pop girl isn't.

:clap3:

3 hours ago, peacok said:

Must be delusion.

Gaga is seen as a legend by gen z musical acts.

OT.

Must be Katy or Fergie or Nelly.

3 hours ago, peacok said:

Lmao not this :rip:I don’t really like Gaga much anymore but there have been a boatload of artists that were inspired by her and her crazy fashion back in the day too.

Olivia literally name drops everybody, she’s obviously inspired by Taylor the most. 

ot:Katy for sure and I guess Adele 

6 hours ago, peacok said:

This year Grammys were practically a Gaga and fans meet and greet Kit Kat :lmao:

OT: People saying Pink when she's the reason the biggest artist to explode this century aka Adele wanted to do music after attending a concert of hers :toofunny3:

Edited by Mystic Boy

People saying Katy are stupid 

biggest acts Dua Lipa , Doja Cat and Olivia Rodrigo from 2019-2022  mentioned all the time 

P!nk, Katy Perry

The Rihanna disrespect on ATRL is crazy, first people acting like she is talentless, when she is in fact very talented and has one of the most recognizable voices in POP music and now this, when she has influenced a lot of girls :rip:  

Too bad that half of her ATRL "fans" are too busy obsessively hating on Lady Gaga and defending Britney Spears??? Very weird, I think they are confused as to who their fav is hihi :laugh:   I can name names too, so don't try me! 

Edited by Mariano

Least cited would probably be Katy, mainly because she is an amalgamation of everything that made pop music so disposable in the 2010s, she never moved the envelope or created a niche, literal radio fodder. 

Most cited would easily be Beyonce, whether or not you're a performance girl like Doja or a vocalist girl like Ariana, they've all taken away a thing or two from the Queen of Pop! Whether its work ethic, being personal with their work or the vocal and dance aspect! Taylor would be a close second because of her business acumen + songwriting, 3rd would be Gaga.

From the new gen Ariana's whole aesthetic is probably the one that gets robbed the most, mainly because of how gay she is :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.