Pop girls least cited as influence by new generation of artists?

GiftFromGod

I feel like Katy is more recent and you’ll start seeing more artists debut that grew up listening to her classics soon :wave:

Edited by orange22

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Breathe On Moi

• Abel Minaj

• popmusicisdead

1 minute ago, KKCuteCat said:

Tell me if i'm wrong but nobody cites P!nk as their influence? It's weird tho for a person as successful as her. I mean, she outsold almost all of her peers :rip:  

Halsey has said she’s inspired heavily by P!nk right?

I barely see Adele maybe because she's not a risk taker with lack of inspiration.

3 minutes ago, orange22 said:

I feel like Katy is more recent and you’ll start seeing more artists debut that grew up listening to her classics soon :wave:

We’ve already got artists citing Gaga and Taylor as influences, I don’t think Katy’s going to have a crop of kiddos spring up out of nowhere.. personally. But I could be wrong!

5 minutes ago, orange22 said:

really?

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

We’ve already got artists citing Gaga and Taylor as influences, I don’t think Katy’s going to have a crop of kiddos spring up out of nowhere.. personally. But I could be wrong!

Not when already Iggy, Little Mix, Fletcher, Foxes, Olivia and more have been impacted by the good sis KP

Quite surprised to see people mention Rihanna? I've always thought she was highly influential.

5 minutes ago, orange22 said:

They have similar styles and she's certainly a big fan of hers, but I don't think she's ever directly noted P!nk as her inspiration. Taylor, Gaga, Xtina & Brendon Urie/Panic! at the Disco are her modern musical influences.

P!nk is an interesting one though, I also can't recall anyone citing her as an influence. Which is weird because she's been in entertainment forever. 

Just now, halcyonday said:

Not when already Iggy, Little Mix, Fletcher, Foxes, Olivia and more have been impacted by the good sis KP

First of all :rip: 

Secondly, I think that those artists all have way bigger influences than Katy and that’s why no one in this thread even knows who has named Katy as a musical influence. I’m sure there’s plenty of people who were -impacted- by Katy’s music — it was everywhere. But to be influenced by the artist Katy Perry is a rarity if you ask me  

53 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Nelly Furtado etc.

Wrong, Dua Lipa called her a big inspiration for her debut album. 

Edited by PopKills

34 minutes ago, KKCuteCat said:

Tell me if i'm wrong but nobody cites P!nk as their influence? It's weird tho for a person as successful as her. I mean, she outsold almost all of her peers :rip:  

22 minutes ago, Forevermore. said:

P!nk is an interesting one though, I also can't recall anyone citing her as an influence. Which is weird because she's been in entertainment forever.

Dua has cited P!nk as a huge influence quite a few times tbh. She used to always ride for P!nk and Nelly Furtardo in her interviews

why is everyone saying Rihanna :rip:

42 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Troye Sivan mentioned Katy‘s Teenage Dream as muse for his song Bloom, 

Maren Morris mentioned her influence on her ‚

music growing up.

Doja mentioned her admiration for Katy and used at least her visuals as inspiration. 

I personally think there‘s  definitely a bunch of new artists inspired by Katy, it‘s just because of image reasons it‘s smarter to mention the likes of Taylor Swift, Alanis Morissette etc as influence.

Edited by PopKills

Katy and Rih.

Tons of hits but zero iconic moments, very few were influenced by these two ladies sadly.

not people saying Rihanna :biblio: she's literally always get mentioned :dies: must be worms for the brain 

OT: Pink, Adele and Kelly Clarkson

7 minutes ago, Abel Minaj said:

People saying Rihanna have got to be trolling :rip:

OT: Megan Thee Stallion

IKR? While Rita Ora is her clone :rip:  

Look up who has xyz influenced and im sure there's a list of names.

1 hour ago, KKCuteCat said:

Dua and Halsey have on numerous occasions 

17 minutes ago, Abel Minaj said:

Literally EVERY new pop girl has cited Rihanna as an influence

Thank you. The fact that Rihanna’s even been named on this thread is ridiculous and disrespectful, and I’m not even a stan but credit where it’s due. Rihanna is EXTREMELY influential. 

OT: I feel like Xtina is forgotten in general, I don’t see her getting cited as an influence tbh. Maaaaybe bc she has Stripped she may get cited every now and then but overall imo no

• ATRL Moderator

People like Demi, Miley, and some others have all cited Kelly as an influence :michael: 

Kelly Clarkson has almost no impact. like the only thing she really has is the Idol thing? But even that’s not geared to just her 

1 hour ago, KKCuteCat said:

Dua, Halsey, Alessia Cara, Anne Marie, Julia Michaels, Bebe Rexha did. She’s the blueprint for the i’m not like the other girls style.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.