STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Pop girls least cited as influence by new generation of artists?

GiftFromGod

8 hours ago, peacok said:

Isn't Olivia Rodrigo covering Katy songs on tour? 

Anyhow, no current popular artist mentions Gaga as influence :sorry:

So....yeah.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• KKCuteCat

• Abel Minaj

• Into The Void

10 hours ago, peacok said:

That's obviously incorrect :flower2:

These + SZA, Olivia Rodrigo and JHope & Taehyung from BTS. I'm probably missing a few more, too :mandown: Gaga is EASILY the most cited as an inspiration among her peers, along with Taylor Swift.

On 4/25/2022 at 8:39 PM, brainmaniac said:

The pop rock girls like Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne don’t get named as much as the “standard” pop girls. Although to be fair, more people are naming Avril recently. 

The only correctly answer.

People saying Rihanna. Dumb fucks.  :bibliahh:

Suprised to see no one mentioning Taylor Swift, whom has she inspired exactly apart from miss Rodrigo?

I don't know, but Beyoncé is easily the most cited among ALL pop girls. I can't think of a pop girl that hasn't mentioned her as an influence at some point.

Gurls don't embarrass your selves here. There isn't even one of the new girls that don't want Rih's career.

It's P!nk, Adele, Fergie and Jlo

On 4/26/2022 at 1:58 AM, KKCuteCat said:

Tell me if i'm wrong but nobody cites P!nk as their influence? It's weird tho for a person as successful as her. I mean, she outsold almost all of her peers :rip:  

Dua always cites P!nk as one of her main influences

3 hours ago, Fanik said:

Suprised to see no one mentioning Taylor Swift, whom has she inspired exactly apart from miss Rodrigo?

Camila Cabello, Sabrina Carpenter, Gracie Abrams, Maggie Rogers, Masie Peters, Griff, Girl In Red, Halsey, Clairo, Phoebe Bridgers, Kelsea Ballerini, Maren Morris, Sigrid, Shawn Mendes, Conan Gray, Troye Sivan

Literally every Gen Z female singer-songwriter worships her lmao what are you talking about 

4 hours ago, Prison said:

Camila Cabello, Sabrina Carpenter, Gracie Abrams, Maggie Rogers, Masie Peters, Griff, Girl In Red, Halsey, Clairo, Phoebe Bridgers, Kelsea Ballerini, Maren Morris, Sigrid, Shawn Mendes, Conan Gray, Troye Sivan

Literally every Gen Z female singer-songwriter worships her lmao what are you talking about 

Don’t forget Lauv, Niall Horan, Finneas, The Vamps, Sasha Sloan, Lennon Stella.. the list goes on and on 

On 4/25/2022 at 8:39 PM, Breathe On Moi said:

Hilary unfortunately. 

Huh? Miley said Hilary is the reason she wanted to become a performer, Selena said she wanted to be a singer/actress because of Hilary, Demi has also cited Hilary as an influence, Olivia Rodrigo drew style inspiration for the music video of Brutal from Hilary/Lizzie's style, etc. I could go on. 

21 minutes ago, MikeyDuff1D said:

Huh? Miley said Hilary is the reason she wanted to become a performer, Selena said she wanted to be a singer/actress because of Hilary, Demi has also cited Hilary as an influence, Olivia Rodrigo drew style inspiration for the music video of Brutal from Hilary/Lizzie's style, etc. I could go on. 

:deadbanana2: i love my girl Hilary so much but the question was who gets the “least”, let’s not pretend as if she’s the first reference that girls from this current crop of pop music cite. All the girls you mentioned are from the last crop, and also kinda her peers tbh, and this video is literally ppl randomly being asked about Hilary at red carpets. 

i still love her tho!!!

11 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

:deadbanana2: i love my girl Hilary so much but the question was who gets the “least”, let’s not pretend as if she’s the first reference that girls from this current crop of pop music cite. All the girls you mentioned are from the last crop, and also kinda her peers tbh, and this video is literally ppl randomly being asked about Hilary at red carpets. 

i still love her tho!!!

I only included the video because I was too lazy to link to each individual moment. Regardless, your characterization of that video is completely inaccurate and selective. 

Even if we're just talking about this current gen of artists, it's still not true then. Phoebe Bridgers, Clairo, Sabrina Carpenter, Dove Cameron, Gayle, Camila, Addison Rae, Becky G, and Olivia Rodrigo like I mentioned before have all cited Hilary. That's just off the top of my head. 

Just now, MikeyDuff1D said:

I only included the video because I was too lazy to link to each individual moment. Regardless, your characterization of that video is completely inaccurate and selective. 

Even if we're just talking about this current gen of artists, it's still not true then. Phoebe Bridgers, Clairo, Sabrina Carpenter, Dove Cameron, Gayle, Camila, Addison Rae, Becky G, and Olivia Rodrigo like I mentioned before have all cited Hilary. That's just off the top of my head. 

Okay, sis, I’m going to let you have this ok? 

im going to go bop to Stranger :heart:

2 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Okay, sis, I’m going to let you have this ok? 

im going to go bop to Stranger :heart:

Ok.

BlondOffensiveHorsefly-size_restricted.g

23 hours ago, peacok said:

Isn't Olivia Rodrigo covering Katy songs on tour? 

:ahh:

Seriously, u girls need to stop quoting me with the same answer :rip: . I might be dense about P!nk's influences but i'm not blind :eli: 

On 4/25/2022 at 9:44 PM, Abel Minaj said:

People saying Rihanna have got to be trolling :rip:

OT: Megan Thee Stallion

megan does have daughters tho already…. :ahh:

1 minute ago, Abel Minaj said:

Who? Erica Banks?? :rip:

yes? :rip: carl is also working his second megan clone martina snow:bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

yes? :rip: carl is also working his second megan clone martina snow:bibliahh:

Hitmakers :clap3:

On 4/26/2022 at 7:39 AM, Breathe On Moi said:

Didn’t Doja claim Katy? 
Rihanna is undisputed and her blueprint is obvious. 

i think the correct answers are like Kelly, P!nk, Nelly, Gwen, JLo and Hilary unfortunately. 

Not Gwen :toofunny2:

Katy Perry and Rihanna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.