Pop girls least cited as influence by new generation of artists?

GiftFromGod

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Breathe On Moi

• Abel Minaj

• popmusicisdead

I feel like no one under the sun was a product of Katy Perry’s presence in the music industry :rip:

Adele too, in a way, but mostly because she makes really safe and vanilla music. It’s good, but it’s safe. 

10 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I feel like no one under the sun was a product of Katy Perry’s presence in the music industry :rip:

Adele too, in a way, but mostly because she makes really safe and vanilla music. It’s good, but it’s safe. 

10 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Rihanna and Katy

8 minutes ago, ReH2o said:

Rihanna, Katy, Kelly & P!nk 

Didn’t Doja claim Katy? 
Rihanna is undisputed and her blueprint is obvious. 

i think the correct answers are like Kelly, P!nk, Nelly, Gwen, JLo and Hilary unfortunately. 

Edited by Breathe On Moi

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

I feel like a lot of artists say Rihanna 

I feel like I only ever hear that in relation to what kind of songs they want to make singles, but never that she inspired anyone to start making music and become a musician, a performer, or whatever. Imo 

The pop rock girls like Pink, Kelly Clarkson, Avril Lavigne don’t get named as much as the “standard” pop girls. Although to be fair, more people are naming Avril recently. 

Just now, Breathe On Moi said:

Didn’t Doja claim Katy? 
Rihanna is undisputed and her blueprint is obvious. 

i think the correct answers are like Kelly, P!nk, Nelly, Gwen, JLo and Hilary unfortunately. 

I kind of disagree with Gwen here — she is a direct influence to Charli and Dua for example 

14 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Rihanna and Katy

12 minutes ago, ReH2o said:

Rihanna, Katy, Kelly & P!nk 

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I feel like I only ever hear that in relation to what kind of songs they want to make singles, but never that she inspired anyone to start making music and become a musician, a performer, or whatever. Imo 

What the f*ck are you actually talking about? 

RihannaAriana Grande, Selena Gomez, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Normani, Cardi B, Saweetie, Latto + more…

If it’s not musically, it’s aesthetically and image/fashion-wise or even business wise. The fact that her influence isn’t just relegated to “music” doesn’t make the impact less credible considering people view her through multiples lenses. 

:toofunny2:

OT: The real answers are:

Adele, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Nelly Furtado etc.

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I kind of disagree with Gwen here — she is a direct influence to Charli and Dua for example 

Hmm ok maybe, let’s swap her out for Fergie then. 

1 minute ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Christina Aguilera. 

Definitely not Christina. She’s one of the more cited pop girls 

2 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

RihannaAriana Grande, Selena Gomez, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Normani, Cardi B, Saweetie, Latto + more…

If it’s not musically, it’s aesthetically and image/fashion-wise or even business wise. The fact that her influence isn’t just relegated to “music” doesn’t make the impact less credible considering people view her through multiples lenses. 

Adele, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Nelly Furtado & Christina Aguilera. 

I mean I guess I’ll give you that she has fashion and business impact, although that hasn’t become tangible through other artists yet but rather through journalism/publications. 

Just now, brainmaniac said:

Definitely not Christina. She’s one of the more cited pop girls 

You’re right. I edited her out. The influence she has from “Stripped” alone will keep her name afloat, especially among White (female) Pop acts. 

11 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

I feel like a lot of artists say Rihanna 

Literally.

They either say it from their own mouthes or critics have blatantly pointed out her influence when critiquing other artists, but…

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I mean I guess I’ll give you that she has fashion and business impact, although that hasn’t become tangible through other artists yet but rather through journalism/publications. 

Yeah.

It’s not “tangible”.

:isudumblmao:

8 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Adele, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson, Nelly Furtado etc.

People saying Rihanna :toofunny3: must be a joke, she’s literally the blueprint for so many girls now 

I think Rihanna and Katy are the least influential, and yet incredibly successful singers, of the last generation.

And to be fair, and as much as I like them, I don't think Ariana and Demi will be influential for the future generations.

Kim Petras has never claimed Katy but she is a very clear inspiration or her aesthetic and sound, especially with her current Future Starts Now / Malibu / Coconuts era. I mean they're literally Dr Luke catchy pop radio tracks.

Katy Hudson 

Adele and Katy

Tell me if i'm wrong but nobody cites P!nk as their influence? It's weird tho for a person as successful as her. I mean, she outsold almost all of her peers :rip:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.