• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

5 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

The show is decent if u can get past the diversity and book purist criticism :cm:honestly non book readers like me is taking W since we have no past lore knowledge so don't understand the outrage and able to enjoy the show as it is. 

But that's kinda the problem at hand. For a literal billion dollar project which is... inspired by arguably the best piece of fantasy literature ever created to be just 'decent' is disappointing, to say the least. 

2 hours ago, AxelFox said:

But that's kinda the problem at hand. For a literal billion dollar project which is... inspired by arguably the best piece of fantasy literature ever created to be just 'decent' is disappointing, to say the least. 

Their chance to create the GoT magic has failed since the book fans outrage and media deeming it as trash. It'll never be more than decent, at least for this season, because everyone is indoctrinated to believe the show is trash. 

Their worst episode is still the pilot and every episode since is better than that, so I am not losing my hope yet

Maybe next season will be great overall, who knows. GoT took three seasons to become a global sensation 

6 hours ago, Park Jinyoung said:

I’m v confused by these timelines. Specially the last episode. 

I did get a bit confused with the timelines in the last episode to be honest, it's giving me Dunkirk Christopher Nolan vibes

9 hours ago, nathanspears said:

I did get a bit confused with the timelines in the last episode to be honest, it's giving me Dunkirk Christopher Nolan vibes

The one I was most confused by was EP 3 (?) where they had the Galadriel at Numenor and then showed the Harfoots making that journey. They showed the map of their travel and what would obviously take you know, weeks if not months to traverse (the seasons even started to change), and then the next story is like, what is obviously just the next day, at most, in Numenor? But then it’s obvious some time has passed because the people at the fortress or whatever have ran out of food. Like are these stories supposed to be happening concurrently? 

Why are people not liking this episode ? I thought it was pretty good

On 9/24/2022 at 11:33 AM, AxelFox said:

Kinda disappointed about how they presented the elves' fading issue. I mean yeah that's kinda the gist of it but they made it feel so shallow. 

That's the biggest issue with the show so far in my opinion, it lacks depth. 

I see a lot of you raving about it 'washing' visually but I kinda disagree. While the scenery and backdrop are stunning for the most part, the costuming is just really, really bad to the point it gets immersion breaking. It often feels like a play where actors have a beautiful wallpaper in the background. 

It seems like they spent their entire budget on the  

On 9/25/2022 at 6:32 AM, Jotham said:

I finally watched the latest episode. A lot of people said it was the worst episode so far but I thought it was alright? I'm actually getting more excited for the hobbit storyline. I still think the stranger is a wizard (hopefully one of the blue wizards but I'm not completely opposed to him being Gandalf). Durin and Elrond were great as always. Honestly though, Isildur's arc has been the last interesting to me so far.

I'm also starting to think that maybe we won't get a Sauron reveal this season?

This. :clap3: It reminded me of the poems that were found throughout the books as the characters went on adventures. I wish PJ included things like this in the movies.

Agreed ! 

21 hours ago, Cz! said:

The math is easy because you can simply look at the average score. If 20% of the total ratings are racist trolls, IMDb are obviously going to act on it. I think it's quite obvious? Their algorithm is not something set on stone and a backslash of this magnitude is unprecedented.

Anything below 8 on IMDb is not great. Just look up a few universally loved shows/movies and you'll see what their scores are... My point is, the show is getting those scores because of the trolls AND because it's just not good.

And pardon me for expecting the most expensive TV show ever created to deliver some quality...

I mean no one can deny it doesn’t look good, apart from some costuming issues, the show looks like the most expensive show of all time.

11 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

Their chance to create the GoT magic has failed since the book fans outrage and media deeming it as trash. It'll never be more than decent, at least for this season, because everyone is indoctrinated to believe the show is trash. 

Their worst episode is still the pilot and every episode since is better than that, so I am not losing my hope yet

Maybe next season will be great overall, who knows. GoT took three seasons to become a global sensation 

I do agree with this, we’re going to have to hope the hate dies down and people give the second season a chance.

As long as it continues to improve we have a hope. 

19 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

GoT book readers were just as insufferable :deadbanana4: 

Honestly if GoT was released this year, people would’ve complained too. Most of the first season was about internal affairs. 
I agree with you that GoT needed 3 seasons to become a phenomenon. It’s a shame that we aren’t allowing any of the new fantasies that same privilege. It seems we all want all the action during the first episodes.

im not worried about RoP. We know the material so it will be the biggest show eventually. People will tune in.

Tolkien readers are really insufferable and mostly vile. There were a plenty of changes in GoT and there are already some in HoTD and i don't see a lot of book readers so viciously mad. 

This show is not my favourite at the moment but it doesn't deserve the hate i'm reading all over the internet. 

1 hour ago, Nicholai said:

Tolkien readers are really insufferable and mostly vile. There were a plenty of changes in GoT and there are already some in HoTD and i don't see a lot of book readers so viciously mad. 

This show is not my favourite at the moment but it doesn't deserve the hate i'm reading all over the internet. 

It got to this point because Amazon handled it in a really stupid way; after the initial backlash over the changes made they started attacking back claiming it's all just incels, racists and trolls complaining and that the criticism isn't valid. Plenty of paid media articles to make the same statements too. 

That only made things worse as they stirred up the fandom even more and that's how this ridiculous hate train started where now every little detail is picked on and scrutinized. 

It doesn't help that unlike Got, HoD and even the Peter Jackson movies (which had their fare share of changes too, y'all are too young to know probably but there was complains from book fans even back then), this series deviate waaaaay to much from the source material. At this point the only similarities are the character and location names. 

1.3 billion. Not bad at all.

The Rings of Power captured 1.25 billion minutes of viewing time following its Sept. 1 premiere in the U.S., the only streaming title to top a billion minutes for the week. HBO’s House of the Dragon, meanwhile, ticked up week to week with 781 million minutes on HBO Max

oh wow

Wayne Che Yip, director of episode 3, 4 and 5 did a few interviews. (ScreenRant and ComicBook.com)

He said he was assigned the Middle Act of the season and that season 1 was built like a movie. Episode 1 and 2 by J.A Bayona (Act 1 Introduction). Episode 3, 4, 5 by Wayne Che Yip (Act 2). Episode 6, 7 and 8 by Charlotte Brandstrom (Final Act).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty cool Rings of Power interactive map of Middle Earth to follow the path of each characters over the course of the show's 5 seasons.

https://rop-map.com/

amazing episode ending :celestial3:

the battle should have been a little longer and bigger though

Edited by Drowned8World

A spectacular episode. Not one dull moment. And this show having such a big episode on the heels of that huge ratings win against Bridgerton 2.0 seem like a perfect storm. 
PrimeVideo was playing the NFL game tonight and they showed an extended preview of the rest of the season and I was gagged :duca: 

I'm honestly surprised RoP is doing so well because I see a lot more buzz/engagement around for HoTD :deadbanana2:

More casual normies are watching I guess, that's the advantage of being a more family friendly show.

The show is such a disgrace to Tolkien's legacy and the fantasy genre. It's so bad. :deadbanana:

I feel sorry for people who actually enjoy it, so sad, so sad. 

11 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

oh wow

It did those numbers because they had the first two episodes out that week. HoD had only one episode. On average it's still below HoD. 

:WAP: great ep.

feel sorry for the people who convinced themselves this was bad before even being released and now feel the need to continue the act. :redface:

Edited by flower moon

The latest episode kinda giving me strong vibe that Halbrand is indeed Sauron, I think he was the one who gave the old man that sword.  :gaycat6:

Edit: I missed that scene when Adar said he gave that old man a special task 

Edited by Cloröx

Oh wow oh wow :loki:
The last episode was so intense, cant believe how fast it ended even though the episode is over 1h 
Definitely the best episode so far

Great episode 6 :jonny5:

I was shook with how much blood and explicit deaths they featured. I thought they'd go more PG on us, but I'm not complaining :jonny2:

Also the ending scene was thrilling whew. Can't wait to see what they have in store for the last two episodes, since this wasn't even a finale.

This was an okay episode, I really liked the execution of the ending scene and the interaction between Galadriel & Isildur. It is funny how much the show works better once the Harfoots are not in the episode at all. Bronwyn still stics out like a sore thumb as well. :dies:

Edited by mystery

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.