The Rings of Power | Amazon | Season 2 begins August 29 | Teaser Out | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

the visuals during the part of the Balrog and the tree :WAP:

i love Galadriel's armour

Kinda disappointed about how they presented the elves' fading issue. I mean yeah that's kinda the gist of it but they made it feel so shallow. 

That's the biggest issue with the show so far in my opinion, it lacks depth. 

I see a lot of you raving about it 'washing' visually but I kinda disagree. While the scenery and backdrop are stunning for the most part, the costuming is just really, really bad to the point it gets immersion breaking. It often feels like a play where actors have a beautiful wallpaper in the background. 

3 hours ago, BlackAura said:

Wasn't Sauron an elf once ? Isn't he supposed to have pointy ears, like Adar ?

Anyways, the show is pretty but boring so far.

No, Sauron is basically a god (but of an inferior degree than the Valar/major gods the show keeps referencing), and because of his divine nature he can shapeshift into anything he wants.

Yeah ep 5 was quite slow, but liked it.
Ep 6 will be better, more action it seems.
So far the show is GOOD. Amazing visuals, contundent plots, great music... but we need something WOOOOOW to turn the show to the top.

I have seen the LoTR movies but I'm not a big fan that knows everything about this universe. That's why I don't really know what is going on in each episode. I'm totally lost. :rip: The first 3 episodes were really hard to watch, but I enjoyed episode 4. I hope I like the 5th one as well.

Did y'all notice when the harfoots were traversing an area called the "grey marshes" on the map with those big mosquitoes flying around their wagon? This is the same area Frodo and Sam went through in The Two Towers but they're called the "dead marshes" then.

Which means the harfoots are actually quite close to the southlands (future mordor). I wonder if we gonna see the harfoots or meteor man meet the southlanders at some point? It seems like almost everyone is meeting up in the southlands near the end of the season. 

sldhy1kzlqp91.png?width=1483&format=png&

8 hours ago, Floren said:

I think Sauron might be the old man with Nori. Idk why but I feel he lost his memories and they're trying to make us think he's Gandalf 

8 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Yes, this. The Stranger is Sauron I think.

I saw a theory that the 3 ladies/priestess (called "The Mystics" according to the soundtrack) who found the crater where he crashed are actually the ones who summoned him or expected him as a prophecy to guide him to fulfill his destiny. But apparently the harfoots derailed that plan, since he's like a baby, Nori is molding him into a good guy, the opposite of his purpose. So I don't know if he is Sauron, but he was definitely destined for evil.

It's a similar parallel to the hobbits who ended up having the one ring, unlikely of all people.

6 hours ago, Harrier said:

I think Sauron is

Reveal hidden contents

Halbrand

6 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Me too.

mess, when he told her: “I’m sorry, for your brother, for all of it. I’m sorry.” If he turns out to be Sauron, well, it’s an interesting exchange. :shutup: 

It will be the most polite evil s**t ever :dies:

The montage of the harfoots travelling with the song of Poppy's dead mother in the back felt SO Tolkien. So good. 

This was one of the best moments of the show.

It’s the moment my heart got on board with the show at the very least, even if my mind is not on board with the plot just yet, we'll see when the season ends.

This song made this show feel like middle earth for me. :chick3:

I also need them to put the end credit version on spotify asap

10 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

The leader of the orcs kinda feels like it is not Sauron. When he beat up that old man. Makes me think it’s not him. According to lore sauron was extremely deceptive and cunning. That’s why he was able to do so much harm for so long because nobody knew who the real sauron is during the 2nd age. He was so deceptive he even tricked the elves, men,  and dwarves. Considering everyone seems to know who sauron is in this show. I honestly think sauron will play multiple characters and always make people guess. He had the ability to change forms and I think it will be someone unexpecting. 

Yeah I got the same vibe from Adar, he seemed insulted when he called him Sauron which makes me think he's got his own motives or seem at odds with Sauron, probably never even met him. I think him and the orcs are unrelated to Sauron for now, they have different evil plans.

Also the detectives on reddit spotted that Adar wears the same jewelry around his neck as King Gil Galad

ioje5012rmp91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a 

15 hours ago, LP54 said:

Has it been decided that this is a great show or is it just being trolled?

Watch the show and make up your own mind. Simple. Stop letting other people dictate how you should feel about a show. That's sheep behavior.

As for the trolling, you just need to go on iMDb, and you'll see an example of the scale of it.

It's sad because the show isn't perfect and there's criticism to be had but it's all muddled by the trolling.

The credibility is all gone when you have this many people givin it 1/10? and then you have people who want to give it a reasonable grade, 7 or 8/10 but instead give it a 10/10, just to not let the racists trolls win. Nobody wins.

FW5xJEq.png 

My theories for sauron is that it’s either hellbrand or he is secretly Gil galad and is controlling him somehow. The orc leader could be Gil galad but it’s transformed by sauron magic or using a dead elf body. Since sauron has the ability to transform people appearance due to his influence and also has the ability to revive the dead. That’s why his nickname is the necromancer in the 3rd age during the events of the hobbit. Which is why arda the orc leader looks all deformed/scared cause it’s a dead elf body being controlled by sauron or it’s an elf corrupted and influenced by sauron. 

Edited by Happylittlepunk

I thought Adar is Half-Ork.:rip:

Also I think Hellbrand is Sauron and the Stranger is Gandalf. But like I said earlier. I know nothing about this universe. :rip:

I finally watched the latest episode. A lot of people said it was the worst episode so far but I thought it was alright? I'm actually getting more excited for the hobbit storyline. I still think the stranger is a wizard (hopefully one of the blue wizards but I'm not completely opposed to him being Gandalf). Durin and Elrond were great as always. Honestly though, Isildur's arc has been the last interesting to me so far.

I'm also starting to think that maybe we won't get a Sauron reveal this season?

13 hours ago, Eóghan said:

The montage of the harfoots travelling with the song of Poppy's dead mother in the back felt SO Tolkien. So good. 

This was one of the best moments of the show.

It’s the moment my heart got on board with the show at the very least, even if my mind is not on board with the plot just yet, we'll see when the season ends.

This. :clap3: It reminded me of the poems that were found throughout the books as the characters went on adventures. I wish PJ included things like this in the movies.

I like how the origin of mithril is more on the animation than realism side, it really it gives it an elven fairytale touch. They even call it a myth, so we don't know if that's how it really happened.

du3mx1tb8tp91.png 

On 9/25/2022 at 5:32 AM, Jotham said:

This. :clap3: It reminded me of the poems that were found throughout the books as the characters went on adventures. I wish PJ included things like this in the movies.

there is a theory going around the the meteor man is in fact Gandalf. he doesn’t appear to know the song when Poppy sings it, so this may be his first time hearing it. this would mean that thousands of years before he wrote the poem for Frodo in the book which contains: "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost", Gandalf initially heard the Hobbit’s ancestors sing it. meaning that the words that led a hobbit to saving the world, came from his very own people, the people who taught this Gandalf-esque being the value of “small” folk.

On 9/24/2022 at 7:23 PM, PaloSanto said:

Great episode, probably my favourite so far. Durin and Elrond still MVP

Durin scamming Gil Galad out of his table :dies:

And they're lowkey the queer couple we need

xZEldsO.jpg 

this recent episode didn't do much for me at all. this show has been a burn so slow im not sure the fire is even on anymore lmfao.

galadriel's story has gotten more boring as time goes on :(((( my good sis is getting shafted. the stuff w isildur and elves x dwarves isn't doing it for me rn either. i guess its a pacing issue bc at their core, they're interesting enough. 

im most interested in the southlands and the stranger storylines atm. i really hope the next episode gives the give. aside from my complaints, RoP is visually STUNNING <3 

• ATRL Moderator

Durin and Elrond my OTP :WAP:

On 9/24/2022 at 4:25 PM, Eóghan said:

As for the trolling, you just need to go on iMDb, and you'll see an example of the scale of it.

It's sad because the show isn't perfect and there's criticism to be had but it's all muddled by the trolling.

The credibility is all gone when you have this many people givin it 1/10? and then you have people who want to give it a reasonable grade, 7 or 8/10 but instead give it a 10/10, just to not let the racists trolls win. Nobody wins.

FW5xJEq.png 

You can take away all the 1/10 votes and the score would still be lackluster for IMDb. They've got their "weighted average" to balance things out anyways.

And what really makes credibility walk out the door is IMDb being owned by Amazon. :rip:

I logged into Amazon Music with a free trial and I was recommended albums for each episodes. Like wtf? :deadbanana: 

It's a shame we only get the official soundtrack on Spotify + AM and not those albums.

Someone does uploads of them on youtube:

1. Prologue

2. Forodwaith 

3. Beyond Our Wandering 

4. Return to Lindon 

5. Gil-Galad’s Gift 

6. The Southlands

7. Strange Skies 

8. The Boat and the Crater 

9. Where the Shadows Lie (Instrumental)

1. Carrying a Giant

2. Celebrimbor’s Ambition

3. Into Khazad-dûm

4. Offering Snails

5. Adrift

6. Durin and His Family

7. On the Raft

8. From Under the Floorboards

9. Constellation of Fireflies

10. Bloodthirst

1. Into Númenor

2. The Tests of Isildur and Earien

3. In the Trench

4. To the Hall of Lore

5. The Successor

6. Nobody Walks Alone

7. We Wait For You

8. Both Our Bloodlines

9. Breaking Chains

10. Street Musicians (Bonus Track)

1. Civil Unrest in the Island Kingdom

2. Adar Elf Lord-father

3. A New Ore

4. The King in the Tower

5. Theo in the Shadows

A Plea to the Rocks (feat. Sophia Nomvete)

7. Father Figures

8. White Leaves

1. This Wandering Day (feat. Megan Richards)

2. The Perils of Migration

3. Númenor Prepares

4. Wolves

5. The Fading Light

6. The Saboteur

7. Only Blood Can Bind

8. Destined for the Darkness

9. The Confession and Sailing Into the Dawn

10. This Wandering Day (feat. Janet Roddick)

3 hours ago, Cz! said:

You can take away all the 1/10 votes and the score would still be lackluster for IMDb. They've got their "weighted average" to balance things out anyways.

And what really makes credibility walk out the door is IMDb being owned by Amazon. :rip:

Yeah but their weighted average wasn't made to balance out review bombing. Their algorithm can only do so much. And your first sentence makes no damn sense, math is not mathing. Also I don't see how IMDb being owned by Amazon has to do with anything and you're contradicting this ridiculous conspiracist argument you're implying with your previous sentences.

1 hour ago, Eóghan said:

Yeah but their weighted average wasn't made to balance out review bombing. Their algorithm can only do so much. And your first sentence makes no damn sense, math is not mathing. Also I don't see how IMDb being owned by Amazon has to do with anything and you're contradicting this ridiculous conspiracist argument you're implying with your previous sentences.

And you know that because? 

When unusual voting activity is detected, an alternate weighting calculation may be applied in order to preserve the reliability of our system. 

Troll review bombing fits in here.

If I owned the biggest movie/TV show data base on the internet, I would definitely not use it to tear my own products to pieces. It's not a conspiracist argument lol, it's common sense. They wouldn't be extremely obvious, though.

And the math is quite simple... Even if it had 0 1/10 votes, the average would still be below 8, which is bad for the show of the decade if you compare it to any other major show on their ranking.

35 minutes ago, Cz! said:

If I owned the biggest movie/TV show data base on the internet, I would definitely not use it to tear my own products to pieces. It's not a conspiracist argument lol, it's common sense. They wouldn't be extremely obvious, though.

And the math is quite simple... Even if it had 0 1/10 votes, the average would still be below 8, which is bad for the show of the decade if you compare it to any other major show on their ranking.

You want them to manipulate the reviews?

They own it but that site ultimately don't impact their bottom line. You can also give low scores to the products they use, that impacts their site directly more.

But in the end they are just reviews, there's many factors that affect success of films (and products).

Same with RottenTomatoes being majority owned by NBCUniversal and partly by WB.

They won't manipulate the site just to sell tickets and favor their films and shows.

Edited by harwee

3 minutes ago, harwee said:

You want them to manipulate the reviews?

They own it but that site ultimately don't impact their bottom line. You can also give low scores to the products they use, that impacts their site directly more.

But in the end they are just reviews, there's many factors that affect success of films (and products).

Same with RottenTomatoes being majority owned by NBCUniversal, they won't manipulate the site just to sell tickets and favor their films and shows.

I would agree if this was any other show. TRoP has been a massive investment and all you hear about it is "it's having horrible reviews". If the algorithm has to be tweaked to balance out troll reviews, they're going to do it...

1 hour ago, Cz! said:

And you think this is their first rodeo? This is not the first show or movie they're doing this to, there's years of perfecting. When they do those campaigns, they know how to use the tools to circumvent the rules by now, and it's not rocket science. Same for Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. And btw you don't even know their algorithm, how is it simple? And even if it was just below 8, it's still not mathing, that's not lackluster in my book. You clearly have a huge prejudice against this show calling it "the show of the decade" when nobody called it that. Since when does the budget automatically correlate with quality? You need to tell it like it is instead of hiding behind guise.

And honestly I'm mystified why you're so bend on defending a racist campaign. Are you seriously defending over 20% of the total ratings on that site being 1/10 and thinking they're absolutely genuine. How is 1/10 an honest rating, to judge the labour of thousands of people, for a show that has barely started, talk about premature ejaculation. Now I'm curious how you gonna defend the future Little Mermaid movie once it gets the same treatment next year and it surely will. Honestly if you want to obsess over something you don't even like, you do you. I'd rather you **** on the actual show and give constructive criticism rather than trying to justify online trolling and racism.

57 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

And you think this is their first rodeo? This is not the first show or movie they're doing this to, there's years of perfecting. When they do those campaigns, they know how to use the tools to circumvent the rules by now, and it's not rocket science. Same for Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. And btw you don't even know their algorithm, how is it simple? And even if it was just below 8, it's still not mathing, that's not lackluster in my book. You clearly have a huge prejudice against this show calling it "the show of the decade" when nobody called it that. Since when does the budget automatically correlate with quality? You need to tell it like it is instead of hiding behind guise.

And honestly I'm mystified why you're so bend on defending a racist campaign. Are you seriously defending 20% of the total ratings on that site being 1/10 and thinking they're absolutely genuine. How is 1/10 an honest rating, to judge the labour of thousands of people, for a show that has barely started, talk about premature ejaculation. Now I'm curious how you gonna defend the future Little Mermaid movie once it gets the same treatment next year and it surely will. Honestly if you want to obsess over something you don't even like, you do you. I'd rather you **** on the actual show and give constructive criticism rather than trying to justify online trolling and racism.

The math is easy because you can simply look at the average score. If 20% of the total ratings are racist trolls, IMDb are obviously going to act on it. I think it's quite obvious? Their algorithm is not something set on stone and a backslash of this magnitude is unprecedented.

Anything below 8 on IMDb is not great. Just look up a few universally loved shows/movies and you'll see what their scores are... My point is, the show is getting those scores because of the trolls AND because it's just not good.

And pardon me for expecting the most expensive TV show ever created to deliver some quality...

Edited by Cz!

The show is decent if u can get past the diversity and book purist criticism :cm:honestly non book readers like me is taking W since we have no past lore knowledge so don't understand the outrage and able to enjoy the show as it is. 

45 minutes ago, SpankGangsta said:

The show is decent if u can get past the diversity and book purist criticism :cm:honestly non book readers like me is taking W since we have no past lore knowledge so don't understand the outrage and able to enjoy the show as it is. 

same :celestial3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.