The Rings of Power | Amazon | Season 2 begins August 29 | Teaser Out | LotR Prequel

E贸ghan

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• E贸ghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

• ATRL Moderator

Eek! Pumped to watch tomorrow!

This episode was excellent I'm completely on board with this show now:jonny5:All the little lore nods for nerds like me聽:jonny5:

I think the action could use improvement though. The scene at the end was kinda lame聽

:skull:

Episode 3 is fantastic. I am absolutely hyped for this show now.聽
:jonny6:

Lore wise it doesn鈥檛 make sense if the old man is Gandalf the wizard. However, it really starting too look that it is. I guess Amazon really is going to change some things. Who knows, it could still be a blue wizard but technically Gandalf isn鈥檛 suppose to show up until 3rd age.聽

I am so happy we finally get too see Sauron next episode.聽

Episode 3 was the best one yet! 70 minutes.. All the characters are getting more and more interesting.. omg N霉menor the budget聽:WAP:

Spoiler

Those people who got their bellies聽 chewed out by the beast in the ending fight :chick2:.. gorier than I thought this show would go. No complaints!

That was an excellent episode, much better and exciting than the last two. Numenor gave me chills.聽

• ATRL Moderator

Loving the reactions here! Can't wait to watch聽:jamming:

I thought this was the best episode so far. :clap3:

Spoiler

Everything about Numenor was聽fantastic: The production, the plot that's being set up, their theme, the new聽characters, the production again聽:jonny2:

I also very much liked the Harfoot's storyline, especially the scene of them around the campfire, where they remember everyone they left behind. When the chief Harfoot mentioned how the family of Nori's聽friend died,聽I kinda teared up with her :sad:

Unfortunately, I still think the Southlands plot is the weakest so far. The practical (!!!) Orcs looked so great, but the fight scenes were kinda off and that warg... did not look that convincing nnnn :rip:

I love this show but the portrayal of galadriel is kinda off no? I mean galadriel supposed to be feminine like etheral feminine elf but this galadriel serves xena realness. Ugh.. They should cast emilia clarke instead聽

3 hours ago, Pinter said:

I love this show but the portrayal of galadriel is kinda off no? I mean galadriel supposed to be feminine like etheral feminine elf but this galadriel serves xena realness. Ugh..

Well we have like 2.000 years between the series and the movies, a lot of time for people to change :skull:

8 hours ago, Pinter said:

I love this show but the portrayal of galadriel is kinda off no? I mean galadriel supposed to be feminine like etheral feminine elf but this galadriel serves xena realness. Ugh.. They should cast emilia clarke instead聽

This is my gripe too.

Comparing her to Care Blanchette it鈥檚 almost sad聽

I loved this episode, and the series however I hate going YouTube looking for lore breakdown due to the outrage farms and SJW channels聽 like the Quatering clogging up the search results.聽

In addition, in Second Age (what the story is based using the appendice of Lord of The Rings book) Galadriel was portrayed as a fierce and effective warrior. When the Third Age start, she overtime becomes wiser and more like the figure we see in the movies.聽

Spoiler

Just finished Episode 3! I think the second episode is still my favorite but this one was good too. N煤menor is beautiful and once again the show blows me away with set and costume design.

Also... that scene with the warg at the end was intense. :mazen:聽But finally they made wargs so intimidating on screen. I always found them terrifying in the books and LOTRO but I was underwhelmed with how they were portrayed in PJ's films tbh.

Also... I am reading a lot of fans discussions online and some of them are speculating that Halbrand and Galadriel will have a romance. :rip: I hope they don't do that or else I'll be REALLY disappointed.

Visually the show is beautiful but this episode felt slightly like Zack Snyder鈥檚聽300聽specifically the battle with the orcs like a lot of slo-mo and those effects.

I love/hate the hobbits because that plot is kinda weak but I the same time they bring levity to the show; I miss the dwarfs.

Galandriel is fine as she is but she comes across as immature and stubborn.

1x02 > 1x01 > 1x03聽

2 hours ago, flower moon said:

loved ep3. the visuals are lowkey putting HOTD to shame :redface:

There's no comparison.. they have Weta Digital collabing on the production. They did VFX on the the original PJ trilogy.聽

1 hour ago, Dark Phoenix said:

Visually the show is beautiful but this episode felt slightly like Zack Snyder鈥檚聽300聽specifically the battle with the orcs like a lot of slo-mo and those effects.

I love/hate the hobbits because that plot is kinda weak but I the same time they bring levity to the show; I miss the dwarfs.

Galandriel is fine as she is but she comes across as immature and stubborn.

1x02 > 1x01 > 1x03聽

Can I ask what makes you think of the harfoot's plotlines as weak?

2 hours ago, flower moon said:

loved ep3. the visuals are lowkey putting HOTD to shame :redface:

No. HOTD is still much better and GP agree.聽

14 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Okay... great dragons, beautiful dragons...

Aretha Franklin Well GIF - Aretha Franklin Well Great Gowns - Discover &  Share GIFs

Edited by flower moon

3 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

Lol HOTD looks cheap compared to LOTR.聽

Not to mention critics love LOTR whilst they all shat on GOT :gaynetcat4:

Done with E3 and while it hasnt dropped on the quality of production, I mean it does look STUNNING, the episode kinda dragged. Hopefully this is a set up for E4 being far more interesting, just like episode 1 did for Episode 2.

Will remain hopeful but I missed the dwarves. By far the best aspect of the show so far.

stumbled upon a video on youtube filled with fans of the books and movies :redface:

What a sorry bunch of horrifically negative people. Its definitely just a hate bandwagon by the looks of it and I guess I can see that just by involving yourself in the discussion you can/will end up in such a negative mindset.

Not saying the show is perfect but people are doing WAAAY too much.

Edited by flower moon

I usually just roll my eyes and move on but this show's reception is truly upsetting.

What a wonderful and perfectly executed show. Mind blowing. The visuals are giving Avatar level.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.