The Rings of Power | Amazon | Season 2 begins August 29 | Teaser Out | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

Omg the ending was everything

This show is such a growing 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

22 hours ago, Feanor said:

I love that the show addressed this issue, because even Tolkien himself struggled all his life with the questions of whether the orcs are truly completely evil or if they're redeemable in the end.

I hope the show leans even more into this moral dilemma, maybe by featuring some more prominent Orc characters in future seasons, it'd make for a good and engaging plot imo.

This is by far the most interesting aspect of the show so far. I agree, seeing more orcs as actual characters instead of just random troops would be great since they are very well-executed here.

On 10/1/2022 at 10:34 AM, Cloröx said:

Yup, latest episode just demonstrated us the creation of Mount Doom and how it it transformed Southlands to Mordor.

Question: so it was created when the Urug was laying on the ground and did some sort of spell that caused the water to rush in which made the volcano explode right?

I really don’t understand the Halbrand is Sauron theory, I can see him becoming one of the Nazgûl though

11 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Question: so it was created when the Urug was laying on the ground and did some sort of spell that caused the water to rush in which made the volcano explode right?

There's no spell, it's science.

https://volcano.oregonstate.edu/hydrovolcanism

6 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

I really don’t understand the Halbrand is Sauron theory, I can see him becoming one of the Nazgûl though

Sauron is shape-shifter, he can disguise himself into anyone but Halbrand seems fit the bill so far considering his mysterious history and suspicious behaviour. He said he has met Uruk before. Maybe Uruk told the the truth that he did kill Sauron but somehow Sauron did survive.

2 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

The only spell/magic here came from the sword/key to open the dam/flood gates, everything else is simply science. 

Adar could've sent any of his orc children to do that very important job but he sent the old men Waldreg because in order for the sword magic to work it has to be blood of a human, it can't be orc blood. And it tracks because Arondir said earlier in the season that "the sword was the key to enslaving the men of the Southlands and binding them to Morgoth" or something to that effect, in short the sword is designed to enslave them. 

Now what I'm wondering is when was the sword/key created and the flood gates built? Probably thousands of years ago when the humans from southlands worked with Morgoth and Sauron.

2 hours ago, Cloröx said:

Sauron is shape-shifter, he can disguise himself into anyone but Halbrand seems fit the bill so far considering his mysterious history and suspicious behaviour. He said he has met Uruk before. Maybe Uruk told the the truth that he did kill Sauron but somehow Sauron did survive.

What I understood is that Adar/Uruk used to work under Sauron but he was fed up with Sauron using his children as sacrificial lambs? He was doin all kind of experiments on them. So I actually believe Adar when he said he betrayed and killed Sauron, but it's not that simple to kill him since he's one of the most powerful Maiar. And Sauron is also known as "the deceiver", so maybe he wanted Adar to believe he was dead.

p7ft7u7de7r91.jpg?width=1917&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=df294b6817b29da5c02e9e7270bbabdaa5a126cf 

Remember in LotR when Frodo put the ring on and got invisible but saw the wraiths clearly? That’s the "unseen world" according to Tolkien, guess Adar’s account confirms that Sauron’s already in the crafting mode, but he was missing some knowledge for how to make it work.

This show is an abomination. :deadbanana2:

Tolkien fans are disgusted and only people, who think Saruman and Sauron is the same thing, are enjoying it. 

A DISGRACE! 

And yes, the lore breaking, diversity and eveyrthing BACKFIRES so much. 

14 minutes ago, MrDog said:

Tolkien fans are disgusted and only people, who think Saruman and Sauron is the same thing, are enjoying it. 

A DISGRACE! 

Why you keep fuming about this, I guess most ARTLers are right that you are indeed racist :deadbanana4:

The last episode was so good, the way it had me glued to the screen :jonnycat:

41 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

There were some suspicions already, but this episode made me reconsider a lot of what we know about Halbrand and him being Sauron is pretty much confirmed at this point if you ask me. Based on Halbrand's reaction to Adar, it was clear Adar did something to him, but he didn't say what. Adar asked Halbrand who he was, that was a clue. Halbrand being a blacksmith is probably hinting at him being able to forge the rings. We saw Halbrand chase Adar, but he came from the opposite direction as Galadriel (symbolism?) and I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one to send that dude to the lock. Halbrand was saying to Galadriel, after they had fought together, "I felt, if I could just hold on to that feeling, keep it with me always, bind it to my very being"; that was pretty telling if you ask me...

If these are just red herrings the surprise to me will be even bigger and I wouldn't mind, lmao

This line did jump out at me but the "who are you" line made me think it was more a reference to his character arc of if he will stand up and be king or not

55 minutes ago, MrDog said:

A DISGRACE! 

Are u ok?

If you don´t like and just choose to hate, move along.

But you just keep coming back to say the same over and over. Do you need some attention or what?

The show is far, far away from being an abomination :skull:

59 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

Why you keep fuming about this, I guess most ARTLers are right that you are indeed racist :deadbanana4:

No, I'm just a Tolkien true fan. :deadbanana2:

9 minutes ago, MrDog said:

You know that Tolkien premise is the one who control what should be done and what should not in the series. And again why you keep bringing that diversity issue? You have problem with black people? Explain yourself

I was so unsure of Galadriel at the beginning but I love her now. Her fight scenes, especially in the last episode wow :jonny6:

7 hours ago, nathanspears said:

I was so unsure of Galadriel at the beginning but I love her now. Her fight scenes, especially in the last episode wow :jonny6:

Yes she finally won me over, her threating to set his orc babies on fire yasss:gaycat1:

Loved that epsiode, it was so good. Best episode so far, lets keep it going

8 hours ago, MrDog said:

just go and read the books then. They are there for you to enjoy anytime. There is NO REASON to keep complaining about that after 5 episodes. Move on and behave like a normal person would do.

This week's episode was a GAG. Honestly the show is by no means flawless and has its clunky parts but overall the good heavily outweighs the bad IMO, and that's impressive in its own right considering fans have a religious-like attachment to the source material and everyone was half-expecting it to be a disaster before it premiered 

Also, it's got to be the most impressive thing ever put on television from a technical standpoint, right? It looks INSANE. I'm not that crazy about HotD although I like it just fine so far, but as two high-fantasy shows airing at the same time it's impossible not to draw some comparisons and in special effects and production values it's kinda wiping the floor with it

8 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

We might get s2 in 2023 then? :jonny6:

I have read a theory today that the man from the sky is Sauron - Adar managed to indeed wound him in a way that he was banished from Middle-Earth for a time, but he returned, only he does not know yet who he really is. But his priests are already looking for him. 

Omg that last ep was everythinggggg. I was gagged at the ending lol. 

11 hours ago, Liafen said:

I have read a theory today that the man from the sky is Sauron - Adar managed to indeed wound him in a way that he was banished from Middle-Earth for a time, but he returned, only he does not know yet who he really is. But his priests are already looking for him. 

I personally think he will be Gandalf. I could see the harfoots settling and becoming hobbits in the future (unless they already exist lol). But if he is Sauron and slaughters them all I will be gagged :rip:

14 hours ago, Liafen said:

Isn't the point of LOTR that Sauron didn't think hobbits could be a threat? His focus on Aragorn while Sam and Frodo came ever closer to Mount Doom? It'd be so weird to me if the stranger would turn out to be Sauron when he's already witnessed their courage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.