The Rings of Power | Amazon | Season 2 begins August 29 | Teaser Out | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

pretty cool stuff I found about the "opening theme" by howard shore 

<<Then the voices of the Ainur, like unto harps and lutes, and pipes and trumpets, and viols and organs, and like unto countless choirs singing with words, began to fashion the theme of Iluvatar to a great music; and a sound arose of endless interchanging melodies woven in harmony that passed beyond hearing into the depths and into the heights, and the places of the dwelling of Iluvatar were filled to overflowing, and then the music and the echo of the music went out into the Void, and it was not void.>>

From "Silmarilllion" by JRR Tolkien

"The opening theme is a visual representation of the creation story of Middle Earth (Ainulindalë). The singing of the Ainur with the black sand entering during the discords of Melkor (Morgoth). There are two themes in the piece, the chaos of the music of Morgoth invading, mirrors the singing by Eru Ilúvatar that created middle earth. The first one being in a minor key and the second one being in a major key. Minor key represents the Ainur, delicate and emotional, while the major key is Melkor."

qvd2cahblos91.jpg 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Making Of

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

According to the interview with the two show runnerss it will take TWO years to film season 2. I feel like that will kill all hype and momentum for this show. :rip:

I finaly watched the latest episod eand I thought it was the best one so far :jonnycat:

Last episode was great I love that we are seeing the consequences of their acts and that the plots are wrapping up:

-Elrond and Durin plot is wrapped, Mithril will have to wait.

-Numenor will be back and it’s done for now.

-Mordor has arise.

-Galandriel has come to her terms.

-Stranger is on his own, Hardfoot are going to help him and fight the creepy moonlight sect.

I’m ready for the season finale and they can take 2 more years if they’re going to deliver the same level of quality in production and VFX.

18 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

According to the interview with the two show runnerss it will take TWO years to film season 2. I feel like that will kill all hype and momentum for this show. :rip:

Absolutely incredible. The LOTR movies all were released in 2001, 2002 and 2003, they have no excuse for taking that long :rip:

The End Credit song of season 1 is called "Where the Shadows Lie" by Fiona Apple (singer) and Bear McCreary (producer).

It's out on Amazon Music and should be out on all platforms in a few hours.

The "season finale" soundtrack is also on Amazon Music.

smnc6HB.jpg 

1. Encountering Servants
2. An Intriguing Suggestion
3. Power Over Flesh
4. Confronting the Mystics
5. Black Flags
6. The Broken Line and Broken Silence

7. Wise One
8. True Creation Requires Sacrifice / Where the Shadows Lie

https://soundtracktracklist.com/release/the-lord-of-the-rings-the-rings-of-power-episode-eight-soundtrack/

On 10/10/2022 at 2:01 AM, Elusive Chanteuse said:

On 10/10/2022 at 8:48 PM, Matangi said:

Absolutely incredible. The LOTR movies all were released in 2001, 2002 and 2003, they have no excuse for taking that long :rip:

Each movies were only 2,5 / 3 hours each in their theatrical version though. (with the extended version released a year later for each).

This is 8 hours of television so it's not comparable, and but to be fair with them season 2 was supposed to be filmed back to back with season 1 in NZ so we were supposed to get season 2 next year but instead they had to take a 1 year break because of the covid situation in New Zealand + conflicts with the government (the crew and actors were stuck in lockdown for a full year without seeing their families). They don't want that to happen again so they had to create a new studio in the UK and moving the production to Scotland.

We should get the seasons much faster now after season 2 since the show is already renewed through season 5. :skull:

9/12-9/18

Cobra Kai (Netflix), 1.92 billion minutes viewed (32 million hours)
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime Video), 988 million (16 million hours), 4 eps

House of the Dragon (HBO Max), 960 million minutes (16 million hours), 5 eps
In the Dark (Netflix), 825 million (14 million hours)

I liked the finale a lot, all the character interactions felt a lot more dynamic and layered. I think the Halbrand reveal adds a lot more to the show now that there is a clear villain. Though I am not sure about the lore aspect of Gandalf coming in this early.

11 hours ago, Eóghan said:

The End Credit song of season 1 is called "Where the Shadows Lie" by Fiona Apple (singer) and Bear McCreary (producer).

'Where the Shadows Lie' by Fiona Apple

I knew it Halbrand is the Sauron, he went to Numenor to learn the crafting :ahh:

Overall the season was fun and entertaining to me but the pace is all over the place at this point
Some plotpoints feel too drawn out and now the Rings get made in like 10 mins :rip: The season should have just ended with Celebrimbor and Halbrand starting to forge the rings and not everything being rushed like this. There should have been more focus on forging the rings, especially with the series titled Rings of Power :toofunny2: 

Edited by TaylenaStan

the episode was good, but the lack of dwarves pissed me off because im biased :deadbanana2:

Wish they bring Poppy as well for their adventure :chick3:

Sauron thinking miss Galadriel wants to be his qUeEn (though hes not serious I bet but still) :bibliahh:

I'm guessing Elrond knows as well about Sauron now

I agree the pace kinda felt all over the place but not complaining tbh.

I still hope they dont waste hype for 2 years just to film next season though UGH 

On 10/2/2022 at 10:14 AM, nathanspears said:

I really don’t understand the Halbrand is Sauron theory, I can see him becoming one of the Nazgûl though

Well...

I liked the finale! Still so many unanswered questions and plotlines but that's the point of a TV show. I'm happy with where it stopped although I'm not quite sure how making the rings saved the elves. What did that do exactly?

Really hope the wait isn't too long for season 2!

I will probably have to rewatch the entire first season again in 2024 (if im alive) to get ready for season 2 :dies:

Honestly I am glad it was revealed hellbrand is sauron I always suspected. The signs were there the entire time. yeah there is no doubt meteor man is Gandalf. Nori is going to travel with the wizard and it makes sense that meter man will be known as Gandalf the wizard. Considering he is the most well known one among middle earth despite the blue wizards being there, radagast, and Saruman. Gandalf had the most interaction with everyone and that’s why he had the nickname the wizard. As many folks really think he the only wizard. Conserving he is going to rhub next season I suspect he finally meet the blue wizards. Since they were basically located in the eastern lands of middle earth. 

12 minutes ago, Dylangaga said:

I SCREAMED when Gandalf said "I'm good":jonny5:

that was the worst part of the episode, i laughed at how ridiculous it was :rip:

but overall I have mixed feelings about this series, I like that we are getting all these new locations to explore and the budget is sickening. i liked sauron's mind games with galadriel in this episode, but i did not get why she did not tell anyone their chief enemy was just there? 

we also did not see any dwarves or arondir/bronwyn, but honestly as much as i enjoy arondir, his relationship with bronwyn screams corny heterosexual romance :rip:

nori leaving her family and friends does not make sense and i feel like she has no real reason to go? it seems super dangerous considering what happened between gandalf and the three priests (or whatever they were) and her whole culture is about... not being adventurous. like i get that she's different, but at least in LoTR Frodo and his gang had an actual, concrete mission, she's just wandering off

this last episode and the ring plot definitely felt very rushed, and sauron giving celebrimbor all this basic advance and celebrimbor acting like it was genius :rip: they should've finished the episode with the rings just started being made, and then they could give us a bit more lore about them at the beginning of S2 before introducing them. 

this season was so slow the entire time and then they gave us too much in one episode, i think these reveals should've been spread out a bit 

i really hope they scale numenor UP next season, aren't they supposed to be the biggest, strongest, most advanced military ever? they seem kinda lame and untrained at the moment with only 3 ships, it's a bit awkward tbh. but i guess they are saving the really big battle scenes for later seasons

Edited by John Slayne

I think if this was 6 episodes a season it would be a lot better received. This episode was amazing. Did anyone get chills at the end? The second season will apparently focus much more on Sauron and his deceptions.

The visuals were the strongest point of the season. I liked the finale and definitely loved the reveal of Sauron & the 3 rings but the writers need to bring it harder for S2 and make it feel more like an event. 

Edited by Hector

I hope Nori dies next season, hate that ***** :skull:

Well, that was certainly quite the season finale. :jonny: I was on the edge of my seat for the entire episode.

I love what they did with the Harfoot arc in the finale. I know a lot of people don't like the hobbit storyline, but I personally love it. It's an original storyline but at the same time feels familiar within the Tolkien universe. I'm looking forward to seeing Rhun next season because I've always imagined what it looks like.

Also, I was so confident that Halbrand was Sauron that I was unbothered by the fake reveal at the beginning. :skull: Like I just KNEW it was a cop out and that Halbrand would end up being the true Sauron.

With that said, the scene with Sauron appearing in Galadriel's visions made me feel so uncomfortable. :doc: But I guess it was supposed to?

Otherwise, a great finale. It was a stressful watch but I enjoyed it. I can't believe we might have to wait TWO YEARS for the next season. :jonny:

13 hours ago, SpankGangsta said:

the episode was good, but the lack of dwarves pissed me off because im biased :deadbanana2:

This tbh. I hope the writers take note and put them more in the next season because from what I've seen so far, they seem to be the most well-received by fans. :jonnycat:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.