The Rings of Power | Amazon | Season 2 begins August 29 | Teaser Out | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

The ending was so good. I wasn’t impressed by those battle scenes though. 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

3 hours ago, Cloröx said:

The latest episode kinda giving me strong vibe that Halbrand is indeed Sauron, I think he was the one who gave the old man that sword.  :gaycat6:

Edit: I missed that scene when Adar said he gave that old man a special task 

Yeah I agree with at least it’s finally confirmed Adar is not sauron. I also agree there is no doubt hellbrand is sauron now I am convinced.

The collapse of that entire episode.  Their red wedding :jonny5: Best episode of the season so far. 

Oh wow that was a really good episode. :clap3:

Halbrand is Sauron??? The "who are you" scene kinda gave it away

Galandriel is slowly not being as annoying as before

My only complaint is that the healer lady in the village has the same outfit since episode 1, its just unrealistic for a lady who has access to her house not to change clothes

7 hours ago, AxelFox said:

It did those numbers because they had the first two episodes out that week. HoD had only one episode. On average it's still below HoD. 

“The Rings of Power” debuted with two episodes at 9 p.m. ET on Sept. 1, meaning they were streamable for the last three days plus a few hours.

“House of the Dragon” premiered its first episode at 9 p.m. ET on Aug. 21, its second on Aug. 28 and its third on Sept. 4 — with Episode 3 arriving just a few hours before Nielsen concluded its count for the week. 

As such, the Aug. 29-Sept. 4 viewing window does primarily match up two episodes against each other.

so

2 episodes for 3 days plus a few hours

1 episode from the previous week, 1 episode for basically the full week, 1 episode for a few hours.

OMG the last episode was the best yet. Absolutely incredible, even on LOTR movie level I would say.

I cannot believe I hated the series during the first episode, but I'm a huge LOTR fan, so of course you need to get used to it at first.

Not my favorite of the season but still good. Again it's funny and so crazy how different these episodes are perceived for 1 person to another.

I'm not a fan of the overload of action in fantasy anyway, I prefer the lowkey moments and character development. and I missed the dwarves, elves and harfoots, the world doesn't feel quite complete when they're not there but I understand this focus in the southlands was necessary. especially since the southland and numenor storyline are now converging.

what I loved the most about the episode is how it moved the plot along in a big way which previous episodes didn't and it revealed many things I wasn't sure before. also damn the orcs in this show are such a HUGE step up from the ones in the Hobbit trilogy. no comparison.

the creation of Mount Doom was stunning :worship2: it's nice to have a pay off for the many tunnels that were teased in the background since episode 1. that's a mystery solved. I'm now definitely sold on Adar, such a fascinating villain. big props to Joesph Mawle, plays him perfectly. his delivery and lines are 10/10.

exoicvab81r91.png?width=960&crop=smart&a 

On 9/8/2022 at 12:24 AM, Miles. said:

The best line so far is "Sometimes the same wind that seeks to blow out a fire may also cause its spread."

I'm not a LOTR fan and wasn't really looking forward to this, but I actually really enjoyed the first two eps!  I found Galadriel's storyline the most interesting by far, but I also enjoyed Elrond's.  And to my great shock, I actually liked the Harfoots and found them amusing.  I was expecting them to serve Marvel-esque puns and was ready to loathe them but "Have your wheels come off your cart!?" and "Great goats!" had me cackling :lmao: 

There were some great human elements: Elrond and Galadriel's friendship (even while at odds) was really nice, and Elrond winning Durin back over was sweet.  

Galadriel and Halbrand are already way more interesting as a pair than Arondir and Bronwyn.  Also the sea monster was cool.  

And of course the cinematography was stunning.  The scene with the fireflies was absolutely breathtaking.  

On 9/8/2022 at 12:33 AM, Ampersand13 said:

I also was gagged at this line. Glad someone else noticed it! WHEW 

Wow y'all are so smart because this line went completely over my head and the fact y'all spotted this line as a special one from the very first episode. I went back to episode 1 to see who said it and it's Gil Galad talking to Elrond about why they have to force Galadriel OUT. I think this is actually the most important line of the entire season. Shook.

Especially after episode 6 I'm now convinced more than ever that Galadriel done ****** up :jonny: 

She's being manipulated, takin advantage of her mental state and it's so sad.

The amazing back to back conversations between Galadriel/Adar then Galadriel/Halbrand sealed the deal for me. I might be proven wrong in the last 2 episodes of the season but oh man ...

ExaltedThankfulAndeancondor-size_restricted.gif 

The sixth episode was so good. :jonny: The second episode is still my favorite but this one was really good too. It really could've been a season finale, that's how climactic it was.

Wait, latest episode

Southlands is in Mordor und the mountain was Mount Doom? Does it create Mordor?

But i didn't understand that the first episode , sauron appeared , where was that land?

spacer.png

Edited by ultimatebritney

7 minutes ago, ultimatebritney said:

Wait, latest episode

Southlands is in Mordor und the mountain was Mount Doom? 

Does it create Mordor?

Yup, latest episode just demonstrated us the creation of Mount Doom and how it it transformed Southlands to Mordor.

1 minute ago, Cloröx said:

Yup, latest episode just demonstrated us the creation of Mount Doom and how it it transformed Southlands to Mordor.

But i didn't understand that the first episode , sauron appeared , where was that land?

5 minutes ago, ultimatebritney said:

Maybe a foreshadow of the future or the abandoned fortress in Forodwaith

50 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

So southland is gone in the lore? Does the remaining southland humans move to Numenor then?

1 hour ago, SpankGangsta said:

So southland is gone in the lore? Does the remaining southland humans move to Numenor then?

Yes. It's Mordor for good now.

As for the remaining southlanders there's two options either 1: they won't become anything, get wiped out or be enslaved to work in Mordor. Or 2: they'll join the few Númenórean colonists who decided to stay in middle earth to keep an eye on mordor and also create a home for themselves. (future Gondor and capital Minas Tirith)

550px-Gondor_sketch_map.svg.png

12 hours ago, Eóghan said:

exoicvab81r91.png?width=960&crop=smart&a 

I love that the show addressed this issue, because even Tolkien himself struggled all his life with the questions of whether the orcs are truly completely evil or if they're redeemable in the end.

I hope the show leans even more into this moral dilemma, maybe by featuring some more prominent Orc characters in future seasons, it'd make for a good and engaging plot imo.

The dialogue between Galadriel and the Uruk was brilliant. These last two episodes her character really works for me, and you can see how her role in the third age was perhaps necessarily from the sidelines, and how the temptation of the ring must've been her biggest challenge.

The birth of Mount Doom and Mordor gave me chills, the moment I realized what was about to happen ... A very satisfying conclusion to the mystery of the tunnels.

Halbrand has to be Sauron, right?

All this show really needed was an upping of the stakes, and this episode really provided it.

3 hours ago, Eóghan said:

Yes. It's Mordor for good now.

As for the remaining southlanders there's two options either 1: they won't become anything, get wiped out or be enslaved to work in Mordor. Or 2: they'll join the few Númenórean colonists who decided to stay in middle earth to keep an eye on mordor and also create a home for themselves. (future Gondor and capital Minas Tirith)

550px-Gondor_sketch_map.svg.png

:jonny6:I am actually hyped now. Can't wait for the season finale. If they dare to put this storyline on mid season, they must have something even better for the finale.

If only Galandriel and co arrived five minutes earlier before Theo gave up the sword :deadbanana2:

even tho i don't enjoy the show that much that ending gave me chills :jonny:

Great episode but it's kind of laughable how the army of Númenor marched all this way to save a raggeddy ass village of like 60 people :deadbanana4: At least make the stakes higher if this is where not all, but a good chunk of the major charaters meet. Like I legit hoped for Bronwyn to die finally because hers and Arondirs storyline is SO uninteresting :skull: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.