The Rings of Power | Amazon | Season 2 begins August 29 | Teaser Out | LotR Prequel

Eóghan

19 hours ago, flower moon said:

stumbled upon a video on youtube filled with fans of the books and movies :redface:

What a sorry bunch of horrifically negative people. Its definitely just a hate bandwagon by the looks of it and I guess I can see that just by involving yourself in the discussion you can/will end up in such a negative mindset.

Not saying the show is perfect but people are doing WAAAY too much.

18 hours ago, Katy V.! said:

I usually just roll my eyes and move on but this show's reception is truly upsetting.

What a wonderful and perfectly executed show. Mind blowing. The visuals are giving Avatar level.

At this point the hate is just pointless. People can´t be happy nowadays, they have to complain about everything.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eóghan

• Drowned8World

• SpankGangsta

• Feanor

On 9/10/2022 at 1:07 PM, KeirGrey said:

Lol HOTD looks cheap compared to LOTR. 

Not to mention critics love LOTR whilst they all shat on GOT :gaynetcat4:

XEUCG26.png

6mpyWXM.png

?

• ATRL Moderator

I'm a little tired of the stan war between both shows. They are both amazing in their own ways and quite different despite having similar genres. Waiting to watch episode 3 with my family which is lowkey killing me

I don't get the hate. Ep 1 is glacially slow, yes... but Eps 2-3 are SOOO good (at least I thought) 

• ATRL Moderator

I really enjoyed episode 3! Perched for tomorrow :wanda:

Episode 4 is GREAT. Also Halbrand is hot lol. His chemistry with Galadriel is fun to watch. I don't expect a relationship though so people on twitter can calm down lol. 

The Dwarves continue to be a huge highlight on this show. 

I have to agree that the scenes with the Dwarves uplift the show so much. Definitely a highlight. I also want to note how horrifying the vision scene with the wave flooding Numenor looked.

Episode 4 is the best so far wheww....

Looks like the meteor man is not gandalf but.... No wonder he killed those bugs.. 

i gave up on the show after watching the first two eps but my brother forced me to watch ep 3 with him and i loved it :gaycat6: i didn't expect them to introduce numenor so early in the show but i'm loving all the numenor scenes so far

the cast still sucks and galadriel's actress is still bland tho. i still wish they chose a better actress for the role cuz her journey is the most interesting to follow but she's just so damn boring to watch :gaycat6:

I havent been watching past episode 2. Doing it now and I hope it gets good

The ep 4 is the best so far.

Galandriel is still the least interesting character, i don't like her very much :katie:

Ep 3 and Ep 4 is good, each episodes is getting better and better

How does Elnord father hold nothern star(?), does that mean he lives in the sky? Idgi

Numenor looks so ******* pretty, the location and everything, I wish I lived there. One thing RoP done right is the visuals imo

Elnord and The Dwarves are still the best thing in this series, honestly, they should get paid the most

The humans are getting more interesting. I'm shocked the old tavern guy is evil, I thought he's just an old boomer

The issues I have with this series:

Galandriel is so one dimensional, like they deliberately make her selfish and uncustomed to court/manners stuff and it does not make her seems quirky at all.. it just made her a rude ***** and honestly if this is how the writers view "strong woman" then they should go back studying in University..

The dark elf is a Mary sue...dude legit is the most OP character

Overall I think the series is getting good and I am now pumped to watch the series on time 

On 9/13/2022 at 9:27 PM, Ampersand13 said:

I'm a little tired of the stan war between both shows. They are both amazing in their own ways and quite different despite having similar genres. Waiting to watch episode 3 with my family which is lowkey killing me

I agree. Both are fantasy but different stories. Imagine complaining about having two high budget fantasy series airing on the same time 

• ATRL Moderator
6 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Elrond is so cute 

RIGHT?! Thank god it’s not just me 

2 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

RIGHT?! Thank god it’s not just me 

He grows on you. I admit at the beginning he didn’t catch my eye that much and I like the dark elf but with time I started to like what I see from Elrond. Like he is special kind attractiveness. 

:WAP:

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

He grows on you. I admit at the beginning he didn’t catch my eye that much and I like the dark elf but with time I started to like what I see from Elrond. Like he is special kind attractiveness. 

:WAP:

Elrond and Arondir :wanda:WHEW

I really liked episode 4. The singing gave me chills.

The crazy thing is I think the pilot episode may be the worst of the series so far. The show literally picks up and finds it's footing in episode 2 and it hasn't let up at all yet since then IMO. 

As a true lover of GRRM, I will say that House of the Dragon is becoming more... idk, trash. It feels super rushed. I agree with the cheap statements. I've never seen a single Lord of the Rings film but I am becoming more invested into the TV show. 

On 9/13/2022 at 11:27 AM, Ampersand13 said:

i don't think there is really a stan war. I think RoP haters (you know...book purists, righ-wing people) are just using HotD so trash it. It happens everytime when something is being hated nonstop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.