This tweet/thread felt relevant here

And yet, I want more :lakitu:

1 sneak but I’m gonna remain silent. :swim2:

15 hours ago, Devin said:

1 sneak but I’m gonna remain silent. :swim2:

Ntm on Janelle 

https://x.com/nubianbarbieeee/status/1701658346883797062?s=20

(link isn't embedding)

@Gwendolyn, did you hear about what happened with the lady at the shop in Peckham? 

There was a protest outside of the shop today, but personally I think it would be more effective for Black British people to stop prioritising these hair shops altogether and find Black-owned alternatives instead.

Hit these people where it really hurts - their pockets. 

They've made it clear over the years that they don't really want our custom 5I5s8.png. From a personal perspective, if there's no Black-owned hair shop around me, I buy online from Black vendors.

On 9/14/2023 at 8:40 PM, Devin said:

I wanna start a business I just don’t know what.

Shoulda got a business plan together when they was giving PPP loans out like candy. 

y’all black fr?

On 9/13/2023 at 7:09 PM, Theshigo Washidu said:

https://x.com/nubianbarbieeee/status/1701658346883797062?s=20

(link isn't embedding)

@Gwendolyn, did you hear about what happened with the lady at the shop in Peckham? 

There was a protest outside of the shop today, but personally I think it would be more effective for Black British people to stop prioritising these hair shops altogether and find Black-owned alternatives instead.

Hit these people where it really hurts - their pockets. 

They've made it clear over the years that they don't really want our custom 5I5s8.png. From a personal perspective, if there's no Black-owned hair shop around me, I buy online from Black vendors.

Yes, I've heard about it. I am angrier at the amount of commentators who gave their two cents on the situation when they aren't aware of how badly these shop owners have treated black people all these years like it truly isn't your conversation if you're not South Asian or Black. Now the situation has been weaponized to push the agenda that us Black Brits are always the victim and that the shop owners are now the 'victims', suddenly siding with the South Asian community only to spit in their faces when it comes to Leicester or Rochdale.  

Edited by Gwendolyn
  • Thanks 1

I’m so over the niggatry with mfs. Either I’m getting older OR needa surround myself around better ppl. 

Like that ghetto/hood mentality with friends, fam, dating, businesses, etc. is a mad turn off. Be smart & show some decorum, we don’t needa always fall into #that stereotype. 

• Like 3

On 9/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, Cult Leader 𐕣𐕣 said:

y’all black fr?

Yes, I'm black 👋🏾

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

I’m so over the niggatry with mfs. Either I’m getting older OR needa surround myself around better ppl. 

Like that ghetto/hood mentality with friends, fam, dating, businesses, etc. is a mad turn off. Be smart & show some decorum, we don’t needa always fall into #that stereotype. 

Mhm, exactly. I saw this mentality in the past when I was at school.

4 minutes ago, réveuse said:

Mhm, exactly. I saw this mentality in the past when I was at school.

Which school? College, high school, etc.

1 minute ago, Devin said:

Which school? College, high school, etc.

I've seen this behaviour since middle school.

55 minutes ago, réveuse said:

I've seen this behaviour since middle school.

Fair enough. Most during middle/high school years do it to fit in or model after their upbringing. College years is usually that being apart of they personality, which is fine but there’s a time and a place to filter yourself to excel – which ties into my earlier vent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

Fair enough. Most during middle/high school years do it to fit in or model after their upbringing. College years is usually that being apart of they personality, which is fine but there’s a time and a place to filter yourself to excel – which ties into my earlier vent.

👍🏾

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Anyone who was a teenager in the 2000s and still in the hood mindset needs to get a life.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Anyone who was a teenager in the 2000s and still in the hood mindset needs to get a life.

For real. It's also crazy to see 10 year old kids acting ghetto and hood when they're not even old enough to drive 💀.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, réveuse said:

For real. It's also crazy to see 10 year old kids acting ghetto and hood when they're not even old enough to drive 💀.

Seeing Nickis trash husband and Offset having a hood-off as well as seeing that tiktok of these 12 yearolds with guns is giving me second hand embarrassment for our people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

!!!

like don’t get me wrong I def have my moments but its usually when I’m chill or in appropriate environments where I’m comfortable. 

Idk sometimes it feels like I’m stuck in a generation (the late 20s/early 30s ppl) where mfs still hold onto that hood mentality then they shame me for wanting better for myself :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.