2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

Just now, Communion said:

Please understand that this talking point is tired and already discussed. Zionsim is an Askehnazi political movement. Israel as a nation was founded off of the desires and political advocacy of Askenazi Jews in Europe, who were even willing to first move to either the continents of Africa and South America for their aims.

There would have been no mass migration of Mizrahi Jews out of the neighboring countries in the Levant if Ashkenazi settlers had not been doing advocacy and land grabs from landlords who owned land that Palestinians lived on. The land partitioned to Israel by the UN itself would have returned to being majority Arab in 30 years time, which is why the Zionist government at the time found it necessary to facilitate mass migration of Mizrahi Jews out of other countries and "to the homeland" by whatever means necessary, even when it resulted in terrorist attacks that harmed Jewish population in other nations. 

I don't feel like getting into either.

So with that on the backburner, whats the plan now.

Israel exists now so what is your ideal solution to your (and many others) number one issue this November? 

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

You can't just get rid of it

Says who? 

Does the Soviet Union still exist?

Does Yugoslavia still exist?

Does Rhodesia still exist?

Does the US not call for the balkanization of Russia? 

Does the US not call for the balkanization of Syria?

Does the US not call for the balkanization of China?

If the US can hope to erase China off the map, why can one not hope for the end of the Israeli apartheid state?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Communion said:

Says who? 

Does the Soviet Union still exist?

Does Yugoslavia still exist?

Does Rhodesia still exist?

Does the US not call for the balkanization of Russia? 

Does the US not call for the balkanization of Syria?

Does the US not call for the balkanization of China?

If the US can hope to erase China off the map, why can one not hope for the end of the Israeli apartheid state?

The Soviet Union and Yugoslavia were multiple nations formed into larger union. So when they dissolved, the nations that made up those unions became independent (a super simplified explanation). In theory, it didn't involve relocating millions of people. Rhodesia was a tiny European population ruling over a overwhelmingly majority African population. Not a great comparison when Israelis make up the overwhelming majority of the people currently living in Israel. Even if you combined Gaza and The West Bank, Israelis would still be the majority.

You haven't answered my question by the way, whats your plan? There are 7 million Jews in Israel. Where do they go? 

You mentioned Balkanization but that just means multiple states forming where one once stood. But how do you do that to Israel? 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

The Soviet Union and Yugoslavia were multiple nations formed into larger union.

What do you think Israel was partitioned out of? I'm sorry but "and where do SEVEN MILLION JEWS go" is trolling. Where are Palestinian meant to go while Israel openly states there must be no Palestinians after 10/07? It's offensive to ignore Israel's self-stated goals (the physical destruction of Palestinians as a people) and somehow project that onto occupied people who, under international law, have a right to resist occupation. 

Israel can only exist as a nation if it perpetuates an artificial Jewish majority, and thus an Israeli national identity perpetuates that ethnostate.

Did all 24M Yugoslavians just... melt into thin air? No, because you understand national identity is not a physical thing. Yugoslavians became people of new national identities.

44 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

Rhodesia was a tiny European population ruling over a overwhelmingly majority African population. Not a great comparison when Israelis make up the overwhelming majority of the people currently living in Israel. Even if you combined Gaza and The West Bank, Israelis would still be the majority.

Recognizing the Palestinian right of return would actually set current population totals to:

• 20 Million Total Citizens~
    • 12.5 Million Arabs of various religions
      • 5 Million Palestinian Diaspora
      • 3.3 Million in the West Bank
      • 2.2 Million in Gaza
      • 2 Million Israeli Arabs
    • 7 Million Jewish citizens who identify as "Israeli"
    •  

Realistically, some citizens of the former Israeli state would leave, as we already see many dual-citizenship Israelis leave and make it clear there's little appetite to live there if not guaranteed the privilege of being a powerful ethnic majority with dominance over others. 

So what exactly is the bolded meant to suggest? Former Israelis would become like Boers and work to find a way to uphold apartheid in the new singular Palestine? Even if Palestinians made up 70%+ of the population? And you think this is meant to make people sympathetic to former Israelis?

Let alone this ignores the point of rejecting Western chauvinism:

54 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

what is your ideal solution

The only people whose solution matters is those occupied by the Israeli settler state. Palestinians as a people can choose how to approach reparations for the occupation.

American progressives are clear our desire is to end funding the Israeli state with American tax dollars. 

As a pacifist (and pragmatist), I also wouldn't agree with the inverse - calling for sending military aid to Palestine for fighting Israel, nor do I think such would be realistic. The most realistic solution is abandoning Israel and allowing it to become the pariah state it is.

But the fairest thing Americans can do for Palestinians - and what Americans owe Palestinians - is to stop funding their murderers and continue unconditional humanitarian aid to the Palestinian people for the thousands upon thousands of deaths America has already been complicit in.

So that's the bar Biden must meet. To end relations and material support for the Israeli apartheid state. Why do you think he thinks a rapture prophecy is more important?

Edited by Communion

This discussion again. And it always comes back to the original UN two state solution being the best plan. :rip:

Even funny is how little Jews were being offered (a strip of land the size of NJ) and how much Palestinian Arabs were being offered (statehood for a population that had only ever lived under occupation). 

It's sad that leftist activists don't even concede that the original partition plan made the most sense given the unique circumstances. Literally none of what we see today needed to happen.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

49 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

Even if you combined Gaza and The West Bank, Israelis would still be the majority.

Ever heard of Israel's policy of "mowing the grass"?

Not even getting into the Palestinian diaspora that have fled out of having no opportunities to survive and thrive in an open-air prison and where they might still be if their homeland weren't under permanent occupation and oppression. Israel's methods of population control have been exactly for the purposes of maintaining a regional ethnic majority.

3 minutes ago, Kassi said:

"It's all about the Benjamins," indeed!

****, at least he prostituted himself for at least a $!M. Might sell out my morals too for that kind of cash. Fetterman being a loser settling for only $200k in comparison. 

I'm saying! It sucks that Palestinians were led astray. :gaycat6:

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Kassi said:

For those reading, this person's religious prophecy makes them now argue the real solution was funneling all of the West Bank into Jordan and Gaza into Egypt decades ago.

Genuinely odd that someone could think this weird and fringe extremism is not off-putting to normal people.

At least be like GhostBox and be like "I just want Biden to win! That'a my focus!".

There's clearly people who half-heartedly support or defend Israel cause they support Biden and Biden (irrationally) supports Israel.

Bit wild to out one's self as someone who supports Biden cause he supports Israel and one's own worldview is rooted in prophecies of chosen people.

It's like talking to a Scientologist. 

:deadbanana4:

• Like 1

Back to other things since everyday this thread gets hijacked by the same discussion when there a thread of its own for it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Back to other things since everyday this thread gets hijacked by the same discussion when there a thread of its own for it. 

Barely hitting 270 is not enough. Trump's team is very transparent with their plan to contest Wisconsin's results. If Biden only gets 270 and Wisconsin is extremely close the election may be decided by the Supreme Court. Bush v Gore 2.0 

If the election is as close as people are predicting, Biden will need Arizona and Nevada too. Georgia is a lost cause 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kassi said:

How cursed that two countries who weren't mass evicted from and denied right of return to their homes were able to overlook atrocities that didn't happen to them while a stateless people under endless occupation and terrorism by the Israelis aren't simply able to "get over it."

You and MattY are both deeply unserious.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Barely hitting 270 is not enough. Trump's team is very transparent with their plan to contest Wisconsin's results. If Biden only gets 270 and Wisconsin is extremely close the election may be decided by the Supreme Court. Bush v Gore 2.0 

If the election is as close as people are predicting, Biden will need Arizona and Nevada too. Georgia is a lost cause 

I sorta agree, but I also believe Biden will pick up AZ again. (Even though atm polling shows that Georgia is the next closest swing state) But that's just me . 

Edited by GhostBox

A lil reminder as the election is just under 6 months away. :bird:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

Average YIMBY, tbh. I think this might even be one of the good sisters in here who was protesting homeless shelters being built. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

52 minutes ago, Kassi said:

A lil reminder as the election is just under 6 months away. :bird:

This is so true. Also the fact some think a Biden loss is gonna bring in some huge left wing revolution in 2028 thts gonna magically undo all the bad Trump would do💀 

3 hours ago, GhostBox said:

I sorta agree, but I also believe Biden will pick up AZ again. (Even though atm polling shows that Georgia is the next closest swing state) But that's just me . 

Polls this early are irrelevant. They do not account for all the people on both sides that are going to sit out this election. Turn out is going to decrease substantially from 2020

Georgia is a lost cause because of all the new voting laws Kemp recently signed making it more difficult to vote and opening the door to shenanigans

Kari Lake and the GOP members in Arizona are such a disaster. Biden 100% has a better chance at winning in Arizona than he does in Georgia 

This is the kind of second order consequences of leftist populism that keeps me far away from that ideology

Smart people in 2016: Hillary could replace the next 3 Supreme Court Justices.

Leftists: We don't care!

Smart people in 2024: Biden could replace the next 4 Supreme Court Justices.

Leftists: We still don't care! 

I can't think of a worse movement in modern US political history. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Smart people in 2016: Hillary could replace the next 3 Supreme Court Justices.

Leftists: We don't care!

Smart people in 2024: Biden could replace the next 4 Supreme Court Justices.

Leftists: We still don't care! 

I can't think of a worse movement in modern US political history. 

Commies thinking liberals are a bigger threat than fascists read a history book challenge

Perhaps one about the 1920s/30s

It just feels like a race to the bottom. Where everyone is purposely racing to become more stupid. Is it for clicks? Is it for notoriety? Is it an agenda? We may never know. :bird:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.