Normani

URBAN

8 minutes ago, TheFlyingRobot said:

Big Boi is fun, it's very hip hop, it's different, I like it more than Candy Paint, that beat is good. I think some people will find it polarising though.

I truly love it. I love that beat + that gangsta feel 100%

• Like 1

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• remming

• nooniebao

This is so sad to see… The fact that mani hasn't uttered a word about the release hints to me that something went wrong behind the scenes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Totally understand the start / stop vibe with your family being sick 

After that seemed under control though and she switched managers, it seemed they were planning for her to come back on top. From the album announcement to a single with no video, no radio promo, no podcasts, no nothing. 

Candy paint was teased for years as this big comeback uptempo performance moment and the fact that it's getting released on streaming platforms before she even announces it is .. uneventful? 

I just don't get it and I'm bummed. Not that her team or her owes us the plan but if she does want to win , communicating with the fans who consume your music definitely helps. Truly I think I just imagined finally getting a Normani album era to be super exciting with radio tours, performances etc and we've got nothing of the sort. IF she's doing a visual album thatd be awesome but truly - why are they throwing songs out there without videos and any clear communication? So so disappointing. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Negiiiii said:

I truly love it. I love that beat + that gangsta feel 100%

Yeah, you got the same taste as me, the beat is great!

Edited by TheFlyingRobot

3 hours ago, Negiiiii said:

Girl Big Boy is THAT sooooong. Oh my gawd this album gone be DOPEEEEE

How is EVERYONE hearing big boi but me??? This is nuts??? :deadbanana4:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Flare said:

How is EVERYONE hearing big boi but me??? This is nuts??? :deadbanana4:

EDIT: Nvm :fan: Is that starrah? For the rap bit

Same can someone dm me cause..... :deadbanana2:

Edited by maaricle

1 hour ago, wildsidenormani said:

spacer.png

idk what's funnier. announcing a single 1 month in advance or not announcing it at all  

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

Totally understand the start / stop vibe with your family being sick 

After that seemed under control though and she switched managers, it seemed they were planning for her to come back on top. From the album announcement to a single with no video, no radio promo, no podcasts, no nothing. 

Candy paint was teased for years as this big comeback uptempo performance moment and the fact that it's getting released on streaming platforms before she even announces it is .. uneventful? 

I just don't get it and I'm bummed. Not that her team or her owes us the plan but if she does want to win , communicating with the fans who consume your music definitely helps. Truly I think I just imagined finally getting a Normani album era to be super exciting with radio tours, performances etc and we've got nothing of the sort. IF she's doing a visual album thatd be awesome but truly - why are they throwing songs out there without videos and any clear communication? So so disappointing. 

It honestly has to either be 1) self-sabotage on her / her team's part or 2) some label issue behind the scenes 

It could also be both. If there actually *was* some rollout and it didn't go according to plan, I could see her just sabotaging it completely. Like when she was set to perform on Graham Norton and cancelled inexplicably (I mean...at a larger and even more consequential scale obviously, but still), etc

Edited by maaricle

At this point I just hope the album speaks for itself because this is the most confusing empty rollout I've ever seen. She doesn't seem in it

• Like 6

out in my country, I take it all back, mani can keep playing all the games she wants if she continues the servery of these songs :clap3: having this in HQ is divine 

personally too tired to keep asking the same questions. it's simple to keep blaming the label and management but it's clear she has partial blame for the questionable choices during this era. whatever happens, at least we're getting a collection of new songs in two weeks. can't be bothered to keep arguing over the same thing we've been dealing with for six years now.

who knows, maybe the preorders and dopamine dose two visual will drop tonight with some heavy promo during the week. let's try to be positive despite every indication making us want to do otherwise

• Like 2

hopefully  Normani and her team have a plan in the coming weeks if not it will not do well.

I kinda hated Big Boi on first listen and it's already growing on me on the second listen dfjhgjkd. We love a song with personality I guess!

• Like 1

Make it Tik Tik Tik Ba Dum Bum Bumpin

tumblr_mxua6himoQ1rkllmuo1_400.gif

3 hours and nothing, she's so funny spacer.png

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I'm listening to Candy Paint now!!

"Booty candy painted with the diamond in the back"

giphy.gif

Best suprise ever

Edited by Monkey_Juice
  • Like 5

Big Boi is cute, but you know what?

tiffany pollard television GIF by RealityTVGIFs

And Candy Paint is gorgeous

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, scrltwtch said:

3 hours and nothing, she's so funny spacer.png

she's gonna pop on insta in the morning with the same pic we already got from spotify like "know yall been asking for this oneeee🖤" and then we won't hear from her for another two weeks

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Ok but for real does anyone know why she's not announcing this?! Thatsss what's throwing me off. This is the one they've been teasing as THE single?

Not 10:15pm EST and crickets

ijbol(1).thumb.gif.d017d11124c581519c37364aa698a77a.gif

4 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

Ok but for real does anyone know why she's not announcing this?! Thatsss what's throwing me off. This is the one they've been teasing as THE single?

Maybe Candy Paint is not the "main" offering then

The star of the album is either Big Boi, James Blake feature, or a song not named yet

Posted (edited)

@HenryHope I agree but not even announcing the song that's been talked about in various interviews and her, is just strange 

thinking optimistically id hope the teams plan is then longevity when the album drops. I guess my frustration comes because she's such a star and the music is there, her project deserves better and accompanying visuals 

Edited by Motivation93

She has NEVER not uttered a word about a release so this is definitely strange. What if RCA rushed released it idk nnnnn. Just find it strange. 

10 hours ago, justifymythreads said:

Nope. I think the only thing that alluded to us getting a semi decent rollout was the fact that we had Lydia but Normani is one of those artists that never seems to have an orthodox release schedule. @WheresJay@wildsidenormani now that the cat's out the bag. Are we really getting a visual album or was that all a rumor.

GETTING A **** WHAT 😂🤣💀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.