Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar
Ryan
Message added by Ryan,

Please remember to use spoiler tags when discussing Joker FD

Just watched the movie finally, I actually enjoyed how much of a "**** you" it was, I thought it was hilarious. Especially considering that I'm not exactly a fan of the first one -  it was convoluted and the incels that got attached to it didn't help.

That being said, it was quite boring. It's an ambitious idea, but Todd Philips doesn't have to chops to pull it off. Acting saved it a bit.

Edited by Thin White Duke
  • Like 4

• Replies 220.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• hausofbryan

• Artur

Harlequin is up to 73!? Deserves to be at least 75 but I'm happy nonetheless :celestial6:

Hopefully we'll achieve to have two songs in the top 10 of the Hot 100 simultaneously. Don't disappoint, US monsters.

C2C is my least fave Gaga's album. Maybe perhaps it was my university days and Jazz was the last thing i wanted to hear or I have grown more custom to like Jazz.

Anyhow I prefer l4s and harlequin by a mile, C2C(title song) remains my fave JazzGa song though.

Edited by zoldyck
  • Like 1

HES IN THE TOP 10 BIGGEST YOUTUBERS BY THE WAY

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

HES IN THE TOP 10 BIGGEST YOUTUBERS BY THE WAY

who is it? the tweet isn't visible to me

Anyone remembers with how many points did Stupid Larvae debut on the Hot 100 back in 2020?

12 minutes ago, Thin White Duke said:

Just watched the movie finally, I actually enjoyed how much of a "**** you" it was, I thought it was hilarious. Especially considering that I'm not exactly a fan of the first one -  it was convoluted and the incels that got attached to it didn't help.

That being said, it was quite boring. It's an ambitious idea, but Todd Philips doesn't have to chops to pull it off. Acting saved it a bit.

Yeah, Gaga and Phoenix save it from being a literal F. They bring it to like a 60/100 or 65/100, but they can only do so much with a boring plot. I don't know why Gaga accepted that script, but.. Yeah.

Spoiler

the amount of dialogs she surely learnt only for her scenes to be 90% musicals in the final version

Edited by ViviLittleM
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scheibe said:

who is it? the tweet isn't visible to me

His name on YouTube is Penguinz I believe. He covers all sorts of pop culture and has a massive, massive platform. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Hopefully we'll achieve to have two songs in the top 10 of the Hot 100 simultaneously. Don't disappoint, US monsters.

I'm sure she will assuming it's not a completely over-the-top pots and pans industrial song about satanism. She needs to strike a balance between going dark and still being at least mildly commercial viable. :rip:

Radio is picking up now, so DWAS will easily be Top 10 until November.

13 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

C2C is my least fave Gaga's album. Maybe perhaps it was my university days and Jazz was the last thing i wanted to hear or I have grown more custom to like Jazz.

Anyhow I prefer l4s and harlequin by a mile, C2C(title song) remains my fave JazzGa song though.

You might want to revisit it, recent years I have changed my mind on it, I underrated it just because how bad her career was in that time. But looking back it's really good. Tony's voice is a lot better there than LFS obviously because of his health. Her vocal also has a balance between pop and jazz which makes it very fresh. Technical speaking it's worse but I think it has more personality than LFS as well.

Reflecting on joker. I know they were trying to subverse the narrative from the first but The more I think about it the more I think it really is just a bad movie. The scene where she visits him in prison and starts dancing… it was really cringe. 

the dialogue during court scenes was like a high school drama class wrote the script. 

The music added nothing. Even some songs were repeated multiple times it just became such a drag. 

I did like some of the cinematography but even the court explosion scene to me looked weirdly cheap. You could clearly tell the rocks were fake it just made me think where the hell did the $200 million dollar budget go to. Even the states that were built for some of the musical numbers were so bare bones. 

I still stand by my word that they did Gaga dirty in this movie whether intentionally or unintentionally. She only had one scene (the ending) where she wasn't annoying, cringe or singing too much. 

its so disappointing and people trying to argue that it was bad on purpose or that we just don't *get* it - we really get it - it was just boring. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

C2C is a masterpiece IMO... a little biased because I was able to skip my prom and go see them on the tour, but I really find myself returning to that record a lot! 

6 hours ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

This is a terrible idea. It would anger her fans, and the press will pick up on it and write articles connecting the song's delay to the movie flopping/getting negative reviews. She should start teasing the new era next week and put all her energy and attention into it. 

6 hours ago, kwek_kwek said:

Yeah. That's even a worse idea than move on and release the single and promote the hell out of it. 

and when the lead bombs... then what? :biblionana: :dancehall2:

21 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

CTC is why i fell in love with jazz :chick3: Sophmore year of high school, doing my homework listening to that album is a core memeory. Times were simple

I know some stans still long for the dance pop supremacy years of 2008-2013… but… ****

spacer.png

Spoiler

Edited by TedLasso
  • Like 3

I keep thinking she's gonna say "I'll find my way back to Oz" at the beginning of FàD lol

23 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

C2C is my favorite pure jazz album by her, partially due to the superior song selection coupled with Tony's vocals still being strong.  Lush Life and some of the other songs are honestly career highlights for her.

L4S was a snooze fest for me because the songs were less memorable and Tony was vocally struggling.  Gaga sounded great, but it just seemed unnecessary even if it was his goodbye album.

Harlequin is her most balanced mostly jazz album.  Finally we get pure Gaga on this, and most of the songs selected (and the originals) are really good. 

I feel like this movie will gets its redemption

People are being too harsh there is no way is worse than Cats, i mean just visually is already 100 times better

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

and when the lead bombs... then what? :biblionana: :dancehall2:

then That's Life :suburban:

• Haha 3

Honestly, maybe they knew it was a crap film and they had Todd cut as many possible scenes with her out? :gaycat6:

Harlequin hitting hard after the movie tbh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.