Beyoncé

Kisuke

10 hours ago, Otter said:

Nnnn, I hate both of these takes lol

1. Firstly, up tempo does not equal bad lyrics or of vapid content. So it should never be used as a scapegoat if someone is complaining about lyrical content. 

2. Her writing overall is much deeper now imo, much more lyrically layered and interesting compared to her DC-DIL days.

Something like the second verse in Cozy wipes the the floor with much of her early career where everything was very literal, lacking a bit in a district character. 

But I agree that her pop/hook writing during the commercial years was a bit more fulfilling & tighter. And there are plenty of "pop" songs on Ren which are just fine in regards to writing without really excelling like she would have in the past Summer Ren/Cuff It/BMS are all kind of basic. Whereas songs like Halo/CIL/SL are ultra tight, no awkward lyrics and just sat right on first listen. To me, the best writing on the "pop" Ren songs is Heated. Immaculate.

That being said I absolutely agree that she has room to evolve, and there's so much she clearly wants to say ,(which is why she codes it in her visuals) but she doesn't have the capacity to weave it into her song writing as clearly. And I want to hear about more then just Jays dick or her loving herself. 

Single Ladies sitting right on first listen? :-*

• Replies 116.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

3 minutes ago, kimberly said:

Doja Cat (27) - broke through 3 years ago

Billie Eilish (21) - broke through 5 years ago, already underperforming besides the song featured in the biggest movie of the year

Olivia Rodrigo (20) - broke through 2 years ago

Dua Lipa (28) - broke through 6 years ago, still no #1 hit or album

Zach Bryan (27) - male country singer that broke out recently in the biggest genre as of late.

why are these people your benchmark for

Beyoncé (43) - broke through 25 years ago, currently on the highest-grossing female tour of all time, more #1's and Grammys than all of these artists combined

Madonna (65) frozen remix goes viral on tiktok, she takes advantage of this moment and sends it to radio and films a music video

:bird:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, QueenB said:

Just going to point out that Madonna at her same age (42) released Music with promo, performances, music videos, a tour, interviews, etc. Beyoncé can't even hit publish on youtube, which is the bare minimum of what we are asking. Her social media team should be taking care of tiktok, look at what some random people did with Cuff It

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I truly wonder who the haters are LOL.

Let’s go down the list of what the Bey defenders are saying:

1. she’s old and irrelevant 

2. she’s old and no one younger knows her music bc she lacks reach. 
3. She’s old and at least she’s #1 black artist 

4. She’s old and above everything that makes a legacy in the music industry LOL

5. She’s old and has kids and is the only rich woman in history who has to balance this phenom 

Do y’all not hear yourself on these excuses? There are 8 year olds today who can name a Michael Jackson song. Wtf are y’all talking about?!??  That’s a legacy that goes beyond being around in the 80’s lol. You really pigeonhole Beyoncé.

Edited by sillycilla
  • Like 2

And since we are talking about truths here:

Lets talk about that stupid "shes the best compared to her peers":

A) wow, lets celebrate her doing better than a mentally struggling Britney for decades, an arrogant Xtina that completely turned off the GP with her growling and attitude, homewrecker Alicia, uncool Justin Timberlake, STD Usher. :clap3:

Shakira, who was always considered a Tier below Bey, has caught up on her and is currently slaying her home market and even internationally. It is what it is.

B) People consider Rihanna and Bey peers, no matter the dates. These two are considered from the same gen for the GP. They dont care about semantics. 

And Rih has been demolishing Bey in terms of recurrent stats for the past decade, still outstreaming Bey despite her dropping 3 albums AND a live album post Anti. Let that sink in.

And say what you want about Ms Fenty: She completely COMMITS to any project she focusses on - whether it was music in the 2000s and early 2010s, or her Fenty empire ever since Anti dropped. Bey, comparatively speaking, is all over the place, has no focus and seemingly no strategy at all. 

These excuses need to stop, you are not doing Bey any favors.

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, QueenB said:

Madonna (65) frozen remix goes viral on tiktok, she takes advantage of this moment and sends it to radio and films a music video

:bird:

and we all wish she didn't! :rip:

www-instagram-com-p-ckg5y2qgvxo-772897415.jpg 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

And since we are talking about truths here:

Lets talk about that stupid "shes the best compared to her peers":

A) wow, lets celebrate her doing better than a mentally struggling Britney for decades, an arrogant Xtina that completely turned off the GP with her growling and attitude, homewrecker Alicia, uncool Justin Timberlake, STD Usher. :clap3:

Shakira, who was always considered a Tier below Bey, has caught up on her and is currently slaying her home market and even internationally. It is what it is.

B) People consider Rihanna and Bey peers, no matter the dates. These two are considered from the same gen for the GP. They dont care about semantics. 

And Rih has been demolishing Bey in terms of recurrent stats for the past decade, still outstreaming Bey despite her dropping 3 albums AND a live album post Anti. Let that sink in.

These excuses need to stop, you are not doing Bey any favors.

so your defense is to trash her peers (who she's far ahead of) and compare her to someone that entered the industry 10 years after her because "it makes no difference to the GP"

Shakira is still a tier below Beyoncé. let's see what those football players say their favorite Shakira song is :redface:

be so ******* for real

1 minute ago, kimberly said:

so your defense is to trash her peers (who she's far ahead of) and compare her to someone that entered the industry 10 years after her because "it makes no difference to the GP"

Shakira is still a tier below Beyoncé. let's see what those football players say their favorite Shakira song is :redface:

be so ******* for real

The gaslighting is strong with this one. 

Meanwhile, the data says….

2 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

The gaslighting is strong with this one. 

Meanwhile, the data says….

the data says, Shakira is the queen of Latin music and she collaborated with the most popular Hispanic male producer to make a song about her extremely high-profile cheating scandal, involving one of Spain's most disliked football (soccer) players. 

is she touring stadiums? is she bothering to sing live? is anyone paying her $24M for a 60-minute show?

her most recent album (in 2017, btw) failed to debut in the Top 10 on Billboard. and it failed to top any of the major global markets, including Spain.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sillycilla said:

Ok y’all, after marinating on this album for a while I’m here to confirm:

I’m that girl, cozy, alien superstar, cuff it OUTDOES the initial punch of Pray you catch me, hold up, don’t hurt yourself, 6 inch.

It’s just too epic. 

ITG, Cozy and Alien are enough, but let’s leave our good sis 6 Inch out of this :heart:

in other news it seems to be confirmed Megan will perform with her, i really don’t care about her nor Savage and don’t think this will do more than a little one day viral moment on tiktok but at least she’s doing… something 

4 minutes ago, kimberly said:

the data says, Shakira is the queen of Latin music and she collaborated with the most popular Hispanic male producer to make a song about her extremely high-profile cheating scandal, involving one of Spain's most disliked football (soccer) players. 

is she touring stadiums? is she bothering to sing live? is anyone paying her $24M for a 60-minute show?

her most recent album (in 2017, btw) failed to debut in the Top 10 on Billboard. and it failed to top any of the major global markets, including Spain.

I think you don’t understand what gaslighting is. You are using specific examples to undermine what we are actually seeing in the numbers isn’t real. 

And the data I was referring to wasn’t just about Shakira only.   

But let’s go down this list, yes she has toured stadiums, she just announced an actual world tour. She’s still incredibly favored by her main demographic and is a still able to garner massive numbers despite being older. Beyoncé is struggling in her main demographic, US, and can’t get people to listen to her old music. Shakira’s popularity is rising while Beyoncé is not even top 40 most streamed artist. 

How long will Beyoncé be able to tour stadiums if no one is listening to her music, new and old?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

in other news it seems to be confirmed Megan will perform with her, i really don’t care about her nor Savage and don’t think this will do more than a little one day viral moment on tiktok but at least she’s doing… something 

I'm happy for megan and she's being embraced. I worry about her mental health. 

It would be cute if they released a thique remix. 

Imagine if she debuts a new song with meghan for ACT ll 

Edited by Bicassie

5 minutes ago, carameldelight said:

I'm happy for megan and she's being embraced. I worry about her mental health. 

It would be cute if they released a thique remix. 

the way them performing thique (in full) together would gag me so much more :jonny2:

it’s not like savage will gain any big jump in streams from this anyway :rip:

• Like 1

Y’all are trippin the world shifted with the savage remix!!!!!! 

“hips TikTok when I dance..”

Edited by sillycilla

30 minutes ago, kimberly said:

is anyone paying her $24M for a 60-minute show?

Isnt she getting paid by Saudi Arabia to perform one song for $3M? Let’s say the performance takes 5min, then Shakira is getting $48M per hour :lmao: 

edit: bringing up Dubai is crazy. Kimmy, you’re grasping at straws :rip: 

Edited by Blue Rose

17 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

I think you don’t understand what gaslighting is. You are using specific examples to undermine what we are actually seeing in the numbers isn’t real. 

And the data I was referring to wasn’t just about Shakira only.   

But let’s go down this list, yes she has toured stadiums, she just announced an actual world tour. She’s still incredibly favored by her main demographic and is a still able to garner massive numbers despite being older. Beyoncé is struggling in her main demographic, US, and can’t get people to listen to her old music. Shakira’s popularity is rising while Beyoncé is not even top 40 most streamed artist. 

How long will Beyoncé be able to tour stadiums if no one is listening to her music, new and old?

ARE people listening to Shakira's old music or are bulk of her streams coming from Karol G and Bizarrap collaborations?

let's examine:

Daily streams for Shakira's singles from 2017's El Dorado:

Chantaje (with Maluma) - 270k

Me Enamore - 79k

Perro Fiel - (with Nicky Jam) - 110k

Trap (with Maluma again) - 10k :dancehall2:

Nada - 7k

WHO IS GASLIGHTING WHO MAMA?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

compare those to Lemonade singles (sabotaged Spotify release):

Formation - 156k

Hold Up - 68k

Sorry - 70k

All Night - 46k

Freedom 32k

nothing to GLOAT, but even Lemonade album tracks like Daddy Lessons are out streaming her Maluma featuring hit single by threefold.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.