Beyoncé

Kisuke

3 minutes ago, Machete said:

The dramatics. Bey is 100% attending. Especially if the Jay-Z performing tea is true. She is just being coy as usual and not wanting to tell Grammy producers upfront.

Now, I could see her skipping on performing. :redface:

She could be rehearsing rn and they have no idea. :rip: Bey knows she can tell the Grammys the day before, "Make room." and they will.

• Replies 111k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 minute ago, justinxx said:

yeah I don’t buy this considering that she reveled in becoming the most nominated person in 2021 and showed up in person for that… i think there’s a chance she might still perform

I mean, it's complicated. Beyoncé came up in an era where the Grammys were actually everything. And from early in career, she became a "Grammy artist", winning tons of awards and performing there constantly. She will always have a soft spot for them and be honored to be nominated. That doesn't mean that she needs to show up and beg for AOTY. These days the Grammys is no longer a necessary promotional spot, nor does it have the same level of cultural relevance to younger generations. At this point in her career she's more than fine without them.

I get that the Grammy committee and voters or whatever are slow and stupid, but when you perform at the Grammys you’re not performing for them, you’re performing for your fans. Or anyone really. Everyone.

She knows her fans have been waiting for her. I hope she’ll not be so stingy as to not show her face again unless they buy a ticket.

1 minute ago, Mitsouko said:

I get that the Grammy committee and voters or whatever are slow and stupid, but when you perform at the Grammys you’re not performing for them, you’re performing for your fans. Or anyone really. Everyone.

She knows her fans have been waiting for her. I hope she’ll not be so stingy as to not show her face again unless they buy a ticket.

Nothing she has done this era suggests caring about her fans :gaycat6: we must accept that we are peons to her 

15 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Yall about to hate me for this, but if Bey continues at this rate, she is gonna be held in the same regard as Janet Jackson.

The future generations will find her more and more less "popular" even though during her prime years she was absolutely MASSIVE and has lifelong superfans.

As a black woman especially, you CANNOT afford to play these games, popularity is fleeting no matter who you are these days.

I’ve been thinking about this too but I’m conflicted…. Janet’s situation was a misfortunate event that ended her.  Beyoncé is doing all of this by choice. That’s a clear distinction.

Just now, PrettyHurts said:

Nothing she has done this era suggests caring about her fans :gaycat6: we must accept that we are peons to her 

This is what makes me sad. 

Beyoncé doesn’t need the Grammys for promo and i get why she wouldn’t wanna go/perform she can do her own promo spot. Like a lil quick vevo presents style thing 

11 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

She could be rehearsing rn and they have no idea. :rip: Bey knows she can tell the Grammys the day before, "Make room." and they will.

Omg what a true girl boss move 

7 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

I mean, it's complicated. Beyoncé came up in an era where the Grammys were actually everything. And from early in career, she became a "Grammy artist", winning tons of awards and performing there constantly. She will always have a soft spot for them and be honored to be nominated. That doesn't mean that she needs to show up and beg for AOTY. These days the Grammys is no longer a necessary promotional spot, nor does it have the same level of cultural relevance to younger generations. At this point in her career she's more than fine without them.

Right, obviously she would be more than fine if she was snubbed for the rest of her career. But I think it means a lot to her personally (and Jay) and is probably why they've been successful at campaigning/securing so many nominations.

1 minute ago, bijonse said:

Beyoncé doesn’t need the Grammys for promo and i get why she wouldn’t wanna go/perform she can do her own promo spot. Like a lil quick vevo presents style thing 

This. All I need is for her to upload like a 16-minute set of her performing a few Renaissance songs Tiny Desk style. Basically what Ariana did for Positions promo.

3 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

This is what makes me sad. 

There is a part of me that is dreading buying tickets because of how awful this era is from a fan perspective. Hopefully the tour announcement comes with more info or a promise of exciting things to come in the future :gaycat6:

R.I.P. Acts II and III :cries:

1 minute ago, justinxx said:

This. All I need is for her to upload like a 16-minute set of her performing a few Renaissance songs Tiny Desk style. Basically what Ariana did for Positions promo.

Yeah like it would be way more ***** to do that and then announce the tour right before/after or something. The stadiums would sell out in minutes :jonny5:

1 minute ago, PrettyHurts said:

There is a part of me that is dreading buying tickets because of how awful this era is from a fan perspective. Hopefully the tour announcement comes with more info or a promise of exciting things to come in the future :gaycat6:

R.I.P. Acts II and III :cries:

Genuinely can't even imagine how she can roll out the other acts now. She had comeback hype around Renaissance but the album is so good people are still satiated by it.

Beyoncé seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Beyoncé just had massive attention for a $24M performance. Janet has had multiple tours that has gone under the radar. It’s not the same.

I think everyone is just frazzled right now! Dubai proved she still has it and is only going to get bigger!

1 minute ago, simon said:

Beyoncé seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Beyoncé just had massive attention for a $24M performance. Janet has had multiple tours that has gone under the radar. It’s not the same.

I think everyone is just frazzled right now! Dubai proved she still has it and is only going to get bigger!

But it’s weird, like this whole ERA is weird. There is no real fan involvement, no acknowledgment, nothing. It was really playful at first, and then nothing. 

There seemed to be a big plan, but it never materialized. 

4 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

Not caring about us. I don’t need her to care about me or what I want. As an artist though, why doesn’t she care about doing anything for her own art that isn’t shrewd and calculated and expensive. It’s disappointing for those to whom the art means very much. Why not share it with joy, somehow, with the people who receive it and love it and understand it the most? That’s what I don’t get. Beyoncé is virtually joyless, and her art has literally been “hard to get.” I will fail to take her seriously as anything other than a talented popgirl in luxurious packaging under glass. I don’t care how often (rather, how little) she records or releases or performs, or how much she gets paid. I’ll take what I can because I like it. But goddamn woman lighten up and act like what you make is music, not nuclear weapons. The Pope is less serious than she is, a mess.

Y’all, the collaborators aren’t even allowed to talk about the project. Like, it’s absolutely strange, like it has been intentionally ignored. 

I'M THAT GIRL Teaser - NOTHING happened, sold merch on website

Tiffany Campaign - BORING visuals and luxury jewelry we cannot afford and don't care about 

Club Renaissance - Technically for fans, yet functionally POINTLESS as people have been throwing Club Renaissance parties for months

Dubai Performance - INVITE ONLY private event for WEALTHY ELITES

BouncyYellowIndri-size_restricted.gif

3 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Y’all, the collaborators aren’t even allowed to talk about the project. Like, it’s absolutely strange, like it has been intentionally ignored. 

I think it’s unfinished. It’s act i of iii and it hasn’t even been a full year. I also think she her team and her label underestimated the demand for her solo return and didn’t plan on feeding us content constantly at all

Edited by bijonse

Just now, PrettyHurts said:

I'M THAT GIRL Teaser - NOTHING happened, sold merch on website

Tiffany Campaign - BORING visuals and luxury jewelry we cannot afford and don't care about 

Club Renaissance - Technically for fans, yet functionally POINTLESS as people have been throwing Club Renaissance parties for months

Dubai Performance - INVITE ONLY private event for WEALTHY ELITES

BouncyYellowIndri-size_restricted.gif

Yeah. It’s been weird. Idgi 

let me counteract PessimistHive with some delusions.

what if she’s planning to drop something during the Grammys? 

or or maybe like someone else said, she’s being coy about it so as not to have her business leak early. Grammys will happily give her a spot to perform even if she asks 24 hrs in advance lol.

also there is a bit about Jay Z performing in the HDD article. what would he even perform? are we getting Break My Soul (Shawn’s Version)(From the Vault)? 

Just now, kimberly said:

let me counteract PessimistHive with some delusions.

what if she’s planning to drop something during the Grammys? 

or or maybe like someone else said, she’s being coy about it so as not to have her business leak early. Grammys will happily give her a spot to perform even if she asks 24 hrs in advance lol.

also there is a bit about Jay Z performing in the HDD article. what would he even perform? are we getting Break My Soul (Shawn’s Version)(From the Vault)? 

Well, I mean, nothing has really materialized thus far

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.