Beyoncé

Kisuke

The girls don’t make r&b music like yes speechless and that’s how you like it anymore they just DONT. and then all the singles are excellent too DIL is so ******* good :jonnycat:

Edited by bijonse

• Replies 109.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

4 hours ago, Devin said:

DIL is still an amazing body of work to me.

Oh absolutely. The older I get the more I appreciate it. It’s a sexy album. Speechless, Be With You and Yes alone are for the sheets. Throw in Baby Boy for good measure. Anyone who thinks she suddenly became more “sexually explicit” since ST are deaf and blind. 

9 minutes ago, bijonse said:

I feel like if you don’t like DIL then you don’t really **** with bey at the core of her artistry bc through and through she is an r&b girl and that shines through allllllll her work. The vocal layers and gospel inspo from r&b is in every single one of her projects and DIL is a pure r&b/pop album

This. I be taken back when I see ppl trash this album. It was pop yet had that strong contemporary rnb sound that was huge in the late 90s/early 00s.  

2 minutes ago, BGKC said:

Oh absolutely. The older I get the more I appreciate it. It’s a sexy album. Speechless, Be With You and Yes alone are for the sheets. Throw in Baby Boy for good measure. Anyone who thinks she suddenly became more “sexually explicit” since ST are deaf and blind. 

!!

Its def a project I loved more growing up. Listening to the lyrics and the energy she had for this album made it an incredible debut (minus Daddy)

4 hours ago, Devin said:

DIL is still an amazing body of work to me.

Most Definitely.

I would've switched "Daddy" for "Summertime" w/ Diddy and maybe added bonus track "What's It Gonna Be" on the standard edition over "That's How You Like It" to remove all filler, but it's still an impressive debut.

5 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Most Definitely.

I would've switched "Daddy" for "Summertime" w/ Diddy and maybe added bonus track "What's It Gonna Be" on the standard edition over "That's How You Like It" to remove all filler, but it's still an impressive debut.

Taste esp with Summertime. :jonny5:

Like I blocked Daddy from my Spotify cause I got tired of skipping it. :skull:

7 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Most Definitely.

That’s how you like it is so good i don’t understand the hate. the ad libs are some of my faves on the album 

6 hours ago, Daydream said:

Yall think we are getting a rock and country album but just watch when the reality is we get a pure pop album full of Sia and Ryan Tedder songs, and an R&B album with Tricky Stewart and more of The-Dream.

mess-look-glasses-lol.gif

While I actually want the Country/Southern (tinged) project, I'd actually be here for this. Especially as Chart Hive.

As necessary (and genius) a brand shift as ST and Lemonade were (and I wouldn't change a thing), I've missed how amazingly omnipresent she can be when being "CommercialYonce'.

We can't even make it a promo thing. Because she arguably did more to promote Lemonade and Hold Up compared to Ren but BMS and now Cuff It are on track to being her biggest singles with the GP since IASF...without promo. It really boils down to how commercially palatable the music is to the masses. 

I love that our girl doesn't always play to those rules, but after not doing it for a decade, I'm ready to play ball again. It's a really smart way to level up her streaming clout and will see her leave us on a high note heading into her next era (outside of this possible trilogy). 

19 minutes ago, bijonse said:

That’s how you like it is so good i don’t understand the hate. the ad libs are some of my faves on the album 

I like the ad-libs too, but it's the weakest link in Beyoncé & Jay-Z's DIL collaborations as he's ALL over those writing credits - 5 original tracks? :rip: It also helped jump-start this narrative that she was dependent on him as a solo act.

Next, he was involved in Lose My Breath, and instrumental in the beats of Girl, Is She The Reason, and Game Over getting to the girls for Destiny Fulfilled.

Finally, having Deja Vu, Upgrade U, Kitty Kat, and Welcome To Hollywood on most deluxe versions of her next solo project didn't help much either.

Edited by trainsskyscrapers

5 hours ago, Draper. said:

Actually, I’ve been thinking that we got some Nile Rodgers and Giorgio Moroder in Renaissance but I’m still missing a Quincy Jones reference, so hopefully it’s there in one of the other acts.

She referenced Quincy on HOMECOMING. The first track "Welcome" samples that trumpet arrangement in "The Wiz" where each new color is announced.

7 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

I got some brand new tea actually…

Shareeee

Oh we’re bringing up unreleased tracks? Let’s talk about THESE bops that I feel like don’t get mentioned as much:ghostface:

B’day had the best unreleased songs I swear: Creole, Back Up, Lost Yo Mind, My First Time, Ice Cream WHEW:ghostface:

7 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

While I actually want the Country/Southern (tinged) project, I'd actually be here for this. Especially as Chart Hive.

As necessary (and genius) a brand shift as ST and Lemonade were (and I wouldn't change a thing), I've missed how amazingly omnipresent she can be when being "CommercialYonce'.

We can't even make it a promo thing. Because she arguably did more to promote Lemonade and Hold Up compared to Ren but BMS and now Cuff It are on track to being her biggest singles with the GP since IASF...without promo. It really boils down to how commercially palatable the music is to the masses. 

I love that our girl doesn't always play to those rules, but after not doing it for a decade, I'm ready to play ball again. It's a really smart way to level up her streaming clout and will see her leave us on a high note heading into her next era (outside of this possible trilogy). 

What use is promo when your music is not available to consume :deadbanana4:

Like for example, hold up spent a whole week at no.2 on itunes in the UK but peaked at 11 on the charts because streaming was by that point the dominant consumption of music. She's never had a lack of commercially viable songs, she's just had a lack of strategy/caring when it comes to the singles. Just to put a few things into perspective.

_Hold Up was globally the more popular song but she puhsed Sorry instead (ultimately irrelevant because both would flop without streaming, but Sorry at least had its video up
_She had a viral moment with the flawless remix but kept it on her website for 6months

_Formation (we already know the deal)
_She had quality, fan favourite songs with huge hit makers like Weekend/Drake and done nothing with them. 
_Despite Drunk In Love establishing itself as a hit, she only release Partition as a single in the US and only Urban radio despite DIL proving an appetite for an edgier Bey. The fact that it's only 100m behind DIL shows you that it could been big.
_She sent Pretty Hurts to Urban radio
_She could of had a viral moment with the CIL remix if she released it alongside the 50 shades of gray trailer.

It's not so much about promotion, but just doing logical things, adapting to whats happening on the ground and see where you music is taking off. Both ST/Lem are filled with commercially viable songs. Sometimes it's legit hard to predict what will/won't smash (XO for example), but she really thought she was above single success. After her back to back flops on 4. 

After XO flopped she should of served pop radio this. A perfect mix of her urban/pop audiences and even some country tinges in the post chorus. 

:gaycat6:

DIL
Jealous
Partition
Mine
Crazy In Love Remix /Haunted 
Flawless remix 

The material :gaycat6:

58 minutes ago, Otter said:

After XO flopped she should of served pop radio this. A perfect mix of her urban/pop audiences and even some country tinges in the post chorus. 

:gaycat6:

DIL
Jealous
Partition
Mine
Crazy In Love Remix /Haunted 
Flawless remix 

The material :gaycat6:

!!!! I ALWAYS SAID JEALOUS SHOULDVE BEEN A SINGLE. This, blow, mine and the flawless remix 

4 minutes ago, bijonse said:

!!!! I ALWAYS SAID JEALOUS SHOULDVE BEEN A SINGLE. This, blow, mine and the flawless remix 

I heard Blow in a gay club randomly during Pride this year and whew! It was never my go to but I was converted :WAP:

Again she has never been in lack hit worthy material.  ST is one off those albums that deserved 8 singles and 2 year long era. 

The platinum edition was kind of a mess and wasted opportunity but anyway... 

10 minutes ago, Otter said:

Again she has never been in lack hit worthy material.  ST is one off those albums that deserved 8 singles and 2 year long era. 

The platinum edition was kind of a mess and wasted opportunity but anyway... 

This why I could barely entertain trolls that say Bey can’t get a hit. The material be hit worthy she just don’t care.

Imagine listening to Haunted and Jealous on the radio. That would introduce a new kind of Beyoncé which the GP had never heard before. It would be very very different from the Say My Name/Irreplaceable and Single Ladies Beyoncé. 

The MV is still her best MV to date imo. 

Her peers are releasing ten/twenty years anniversary of their respective albums and she did absolutely nothing even though all of them are legendary except for an appreciation post for Lemonade's fifth year anniversary (I guess it was her fav album?)No wonder her catalogue streams are bad jkjk I'm glad that she didn't live in the past and 

16 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

I got some brand new tea actually…

Girl share it, don't leave us hanging like that

Anyone else think Countdown should've been the lead for 4? Even Love On Top or I Care would've been really good choices 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.