HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

Just now, Agenor said:

You're actually wrong, the new rules for BB200 were implemented from August 7 2020, the 3rd week of "folklore" release so the "merchandise or physical album bundled with digital download" rule was still in effect during the 2nd week of its release.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/billboards-new-bundle-chart-rules-start-date/

Then why did folklore have 0 physical sales during its second week?

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

3 minutes ago, Agenor said:

You're actually wrong, the new rules for BB200 were implemented from August 7 2020, the 3rd week of "folklore" release so the "merchandise or physical album bundled with digital download" rule was still in effect during the 2nd week of its release.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/billboards-new-bundle-chart-rules-start-date/

The folklore 2nd week chart came out in 9th August.

So it looks like they implemented it.

What now?

https://www.billboard.com/pro/taylor-swift-folklore-no-1-second-week-billboard-200-chart/

1 minute ago, Miss Americana said:

Because everything that you bought from her online store (physical album - CD, vinyl or cassette, also whatever merchandise she had) was bundled with a digital download and counted for week 2 as such (and were shipped later).

6 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

What now?

https://www.billboard.com/pro/taylor-swift-folklore-no-1-second-week-billboard-200-chart/

Folklore's 2nd week tracking ended before the 7th. 7th was a friday so they implemented it to count for its 3rd tracking week so yeah Agenor is right: bundles counted for its 2nd week :deadbanana2:

Edited by georgechxng

10 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

What now?

The chart date is different than the tracking week, I'm sure you know that. They started implementing the new rules beginning Friday, August 7 2020, which means the first 2 weeks of "folklore" were bundled with digital downloads.

New rules governing the bundling of physical albums or singles with immediate digital downloads will also go into effect on Aug. 7. From that date forward, any physical album or single sold with a digital download will not be counted as a digital sale and will only be counted as a physical sale upon shipment to the customer.

Edited by Agenor

The alternating posts praising either Adele or Taylor (and ignoring the other) on the first few pages :ahh:

18 minutes ago, Agenor said:

The chart date is different than the tracking week, I'm sure you know that. They started implementing the new rules beginning Friday, August 7 2020, which means the first 2 weeks of "folklore" were bundled with digital downloads.

This doesn't make sense.

She was #1 on itunes most of the week.

Let's say the #1 on itunes gets 4k sales.

3k x 7 = 21k

The digital sales from amazon were great.

3k-4k from amazon and other sites for whole week.

~25k out of 30k.

I'm severely lowballing here.

So she sold 5k cds and vinyls???

Wtf

She sold 33k vinyls alone for RED TV this week. And folklore was a much more successful album.

Honestly if atrl existed in the 90's I can't imagine how Whitney/Mariah would've been dragged with their sales decline in the late 90's whilst Celine had her peak in that time

Thank god we never needed to see that

7 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

This doesn't make sense.

3k x 7 = 21k

~25k out of 30k.

Wtf

She sold 33k vinyls alone for RED TV this week. And folklore was a much more successful album.

:michael:

13 minutes ago, darthdevidem01 said:

Honestly if atrl existed in the 90's I can't imagine how Whitney/Mariah would've been dragged with their sales decline in the late 90's whilst Celine had her peak in that time

:bibliahh:it will be legendary

looking back, all 3 of them are légendaires and there are definitely rooms to celebrate all 3 of them.

That’s a great perspective to look at - all the ppl dragging one girl for the other in this thread will look like a fool (I’m not talking about ppl who actually pulled out articles to support their arguments).

5 hours ago, Gaia said:

Interesting how a fanbase that constantly gloats of their fav's physical sales are now ignoring Adele's physical sales and latching onto her SEA

They argue based on convenience.

giphy.gif?zoom=2

27 minutes ago, Miss Americana said:

This doesn't make sense.

3k x 7 = 21k

~25k out of 30k.

Wtf

First week Spotify Streams:

#1 SOUR 393m
#2 Red (TaylorsVersion) 380m
#3 thank u, next 375m
#4 folklore 337m
#5 WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? 278m

#6 30 268m
#7 evermore 261m
#8 Lover 257m 
#9 Positions 226m
#10 Happier Than Ever 185m

Swifties have been obsessed with streaming figures lately and have stated Red TV having 30 songs isn't an excuse to its high streams because its a "rerecorded album", so not sure how Red outstreamed Folklore despite it being a "Rerecorded" album. According to Swifties own logic, Taylor's own studio albums failed to perform as well as her rerecorded album! I'm not sure I'd consider folklore a much more successful album!

1 hour ago, Agenor said:

Because everything that you bought from her online store (physical album - CD, vinyl or cassette, also whatever merchandise she had) was bundled with a digital download and counted for week 2 as such (and were shipped later).

I thought that BB didn't change rules til Oct 2020. I could've sworn that BB waited til Oct & Gary gave an Oct day for eliminating that from purchasing options. 

1 hour ago, Miss Americana said:

How many times do we have to teach you this, old man?

This is a rerecording with 9 year old songs.

And it's not supposed to perform like a new album.

It was supposed to do some cute numbers for the debut day and then plunge down like a rock in a well.

Fearless TV did this eventhough it had 26 tracks and was out of the charts ASAP.

But RED TV is subverting expectations because its an anomaly and a mega smash.

But it is not big enough to be compared to the biggest streaming album of the last 4 years.

But it IS definitely big enough to be compared to some former A-list acts.

Old music or not, we’re comparing two mega superstars albums, one with 12 song and one with 30 songs. 

Taylors entire years has been centered around this “little” recording. Her only storyline as an artist has been fighting for her freedom with these re-recordings. If we’re supposed to look at this album as something put out for fun, then she wouldn’t have pre-orders up for four months, 100K vinyls pressed, doing press and promo all week. C’mon, we know and acknowledge Taylor is a big artist, so don’t use the excuse as it’s old music.

5 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

this is something that definitely shouldn't be ignored. She promoted this album more than anyone lese promoted their album this whole year :rip:

Not people still saying that Red had more promo than 30 :gaycat6:

5 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Why does it matter that they are leftovers they are still new songs to GP.

How will Taylor's next album's number look like to Red TV?

Yeah truly doesnt matter when you can write that much quality at 21/22. You are right

Its still also true that those new songs arent driving the album that much

5 hours ago, slw84 said:

So good for Adele...good for Taylor...

Buble King of Christmas

Drake steady

Morgan steady ATRL is going to get nauseous 

Princess Summer is holding STEADY YES MA'AM

Mariah the Messiah of Christmas collecting her things. Album currently 8x platinum...forgot the leftover numbers from last year but 36k+i'm assuming 50k-100k in December. Snatch that Diamond cert, legend.

Ed is steady

Billie is steady serving dark horse P!nk numbers.

The BEATLEs...what did they do??? People just keep buying it again and again each decade. The longevity bundle teas is real. Taught BTS and dem

ShamefulOrneryIndigobunting-size_restric

The Beatles released their documentary. Its been all over my Twitter this past week. I'm sure the album jumping is related

2 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

anyway

congrats to Dangerous!! still top 5!!!!

Yeah its got 2021 YE #1 BB200 solidly in its grasp. Nothing caught up....Olivia has fallen below Morgan. 

36 minutes ago, darthdevidem01 said:

that would've been something to see. as a hybrid fan of all them im glad i didn't witness it. the HIT threads that never was :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Miss Americana said:

Nobody bought it

IF 30 follows 25's drops:
198k - Juice Wrld releases this week; his last album opened with 497k.

6 minutes ago, Gigii said:

Old music or not, we’re comparing two mega superstars albums, one with 12 song and one with 30 songs. 

Taylors entire years has been centered around this “little” recording. Her only storyline as an artist has been fighting for her freedom with these re-recordings. If we’re supposed to look at this album as something put out for fun, then she wouldn’t have pre-orders up for four months, 100K vinyls pressed, doing press and promo all week. C’mon, we know and acknowledge Taylor is a big artist, so don’t use the excuse as it’s old music.

Exactly. Her fans are acting like Taylor's entire narrative the past 1-2 years doesn't exist. She didn't just re-release her albums, she re-recorded her albums after starting a whole storm on social media about her music being stolen from her and how buying/streaming these new Taylor's Version is supporting her getting back at big bad men. She's reigniting rumors/gossip about decade old relationships with high profile male celebrities, she's going on SNL, late night snows, TV performances, promoting all over Tik Tok, streaming playlisting (guess who is the current cover of TTH?) etc. Like they really need to stop acting like Taylor isn't treating this like an album and it doesn't include almost 10 brand new songs.

Edited by Gaia

1 hour ago, darthdevidem01 said:

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.music.celine-dion/c/VjRZMBLFi00/m/d5-kvBI3-awJ

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.music.celine-dion/c/AtW9_N1SnUM/m/n1YAKtZpRlcJ

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.music.celine-dion/c/4FFrGzpt2Tw/m/XeYGotSiKiQJ

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.music.celine-dion/c/pPMtgg7HSNo/m/nMbc6ImnRw8J

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.music.celine-dion/c/rvOJ2c0_lo0/m/IJ2soGgtXBcJ

Edited by family.guy123

7 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Exactly. Her fans are acting like Taylor's entire narrative the past 1-2 years doesn't exist. She didn't just re-release her albums, she re-recorded her albums after starting a whole storm on social media about her music being stolen from her and how buying/streaming these new Taylor's Version is supporting her getting back at big bad men. She's reigniting rumors/gossip about decade old relationships with high profile male celebrities, she's going on SNL, late night snows, TV performances, promoting all over Tik Tok, streaming playlisting (guess who is the current cover of TTH?) etc. Like they really need to stop acting like Taylor isn't treating this like an album and it doesn't include almost 10 brand new songs.

ATW was put on TTH a full week after release and a full other week after she was made the cover. For as much as we are screamig about payola, that seems pretty organic for once, after how well it did without it

But wow at her social media being that powerful :clap3:

And why the plural for performances. She only did 1

Edited by simmnfierzig

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.