• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ughgabriel

• Kavish

• Dessy

• Overprotected

omqXTk5.gifNqTmio5.png

Whitney Houston - Heartbreak Hotel

• Honestly, this is not my favorite from Whitney. It's not bad but nothing outstanding. It has that standard late 90s R&B production that has been overused.

Britney Spears - Piece of Me

• When this came out, it was a big news here because it name-checked my country. Other than that, this is just immaculate. The lyrics and production are perfect. Miss American Dream did that.

Rihanna - Work

• I never liked this song that much when it was first released but it has grown on me. The repetitive hook could be annoying at times and I hate Drake's part but it's dancehall done well. I still prefer a handful of songs here but definitely still one of the better ones this round.

Ciara - Oh

• Probably the Goodies single I don't like the most. It goes nowhere and Ludacris' feature doesn't help. But I know this is not the worst in the group.

The Weeknd - Starboy

• Abel had the nerve to give us this as an amuse-bouche for a stellar album, huh? Daft Punk snapped with their production here.

Young Money - BedRock

Spoiler

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952df70db635b6a127a3

tumblr_mwsydqVHjQ1ql5yr7o2_250.gifv

Nicki Minaj - Starships

• Please, this is bad lbr. But this is a guilty pleasure so...

Mariah Carey - Loverboy

• This remix is... not it, sorry. It doesn't even feel like a Mariah song.

Leona Lewis - Happy

• Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of this song. Obviously, there aren't much choices for her. Right now, I'm not feeling this song. She sounds great as usual. Everything else feels meh though.

Katy Perry - Wide Awake

• The #1 That Got Away. A great era closer and a great song overall. One of Katy's best.

Beyoncé - Baby Boy

• WINNER! You did that. 

Missy Elliot - Work It

• A classic! Probably my most fave Missy song. That iconic hook? Perfection.

Madonna - Ray Of Light

• I know I've said Beyoncé is taking this round but this will be my number one. There is no denying how Madge slapped in this song (and in the album overall). I can't get rid the picture of Crystal Methyd in my head while listening to this though lol.

Kelis - Milkshake

• Oh perry, an aboslute classic. Love that for you.

Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me

• Love this. Another classic. But I can't really help but think of Alyssa Alano's butchered live performance of this song lol.

Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am

• Well... it's a song.

Justin Timberlake - Mirrors

Spoiler

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952df70db635b6a127a3

tumblr_mwsydqVHjQ1ql5yr7o2_250.gifv

Kanye West - Heartless

• Let's be clear. I hate Kanye. But when he does a great song, it's really that and this is one of those songs.

I have **** to say:

Spoiler

Taylor Swift - Love Story

Well definitely better than her own version, it's just more nostalgic. Scooter won this time!

Brandy - Top Of The World

Vocal bible can never do wrong, mega bop!

P!nk - Get the Party Started

If the first round wasn't an enough warning for you to be sending her, then I'll be just praying for you sis! 

TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby

Not really in my top fave TLC songs but I vibe to it x

The Go Go’s - We Got the Beat

Our Lips Are Sealed is better but this one still bops x

TLC - Red Light Special

I think I prefer this over the other TLC song x

Mariah Carey - Shake It Off

Best single off Emancipation and definitely the superior SIO this round x

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

Her worst lead single but it's not the worst Taylor song this round x

Christina Millan - Dip It Low

The Call Me, Beep Me! songstress did what she had to do here x

Janet Jackson - Let’s Wait Awhile

This PMS anthem deserves the respect to its name x

WILLOW - Whip My Hair

One of the most influential songs of the 2010s and she did it when she was just 10! Legendary behavior me thinks!

Bastille - Pompeii

Yeah no, I'm gonna have to pass on this one. 2014 me would have lived for this though x

Sophie Ellis Bextor - Take Me Home (A Girl Like Me)

Oh wow oh wow, I was sure I was gonna put Willow on top but she's got competition now x

ABBA - I Have A Dream

Oh they sang the original version of this song, I didn't know that. I liked it. x

Madonna - Hollywood

I did enjoy this one, best single off that era I think x

Fifth Harmony - Work from Home

I didn't like it back then and I still don't like it now x

Taylor Swift - Today Was A Fairytale

The worst Taylor song this round, **** movie **** song x

Whitney Houston - Heartbreak Hotel

grest song

Britney Spears - Piece of Me

amazing song, might be my #1

Rihanna - Work

hmm, it’s not her best

Ciara - Oh

totally forgot about this but still it’s cute

The Weeknd - Starboy

great great song

Young Money - BedRock

Well, it’s a choice.

Nicki Minaj - Starships

annoying

Mariah Carey - Loverboy

hmm, mediocre

Leona Lewis - Happy

amazing vocal, as always from Leona

Katy Perry - Wide Awake

classic methinks

Beyoncé - Baby Boy

anothet classic methinks

Missy Elliot - Work It

another classic methinks

Madonna - Ray Of Light

another classic methinks

Kelis - Milkshake

ooh this is a jam

classic really a classic

it’s okay. Billie has done better

you may get flack for sending a male song but this is my jam so you gonna get a high score from

me

Kanye West - Heartless

okay Kanye did everything right kn this song

Group B >>> A :chick3:

It’s a good song but I find it corny asf

Dont like this at all

Wow Pink really has some really awful songs. Very dated but still better than Stupid Girls xo

ezgif.com-crop.thumb.gif.0498b26f04245fb

TLC - Baby Baby Baby 

Dont like this at all  x2

Scream, I live for this, this takes me back in time

TLC - Red Light Special 

Dont like this at all  x3

Not my style of music, but dont worry this is not bottom material <3

A BOP, finally something dancy. This song makes me smile and brings me joy. Pop perfection

Dont like this at all  x4

Lovely voice, lovely song but a snoozefest overall

WILLOW - Whip My Hair 

I would hate this and never think about clicking on play but among this R&B/soul wave of songs, this stands out and gives me life.

tumblr_oiwjzdldEk1qlvwnco5_400.gifv

Bastille - Pompeii 

Yaaas love this, even though it being spammed on the radio took away its freshness. Also finally a male artist, we stan

Sophie Ellis Bextor - Take Me Home 

A CLASSIC, we stan. I do prefer Cher's version 

3926c621ffb5fef4c2860c6847081114.gif

ABBA - I Have A Dream 

Mawma, this is something my grandparents would bop to but I also really like it

b47f639bdf0a113edf7fedd959a3ab1c.gif

Madonna - Hollywood 

That was the first Madonna song that I bought on iTunes, I like it a lot. Great job picking this

Never cared for this girl group and I dont care for this song

Not my fave but it’s a beautiful song for sure

Inch resting..

lh6WQVX.png

????? ?

Spoiler

oh period.. the original is such a classic and even though we love her for releasing taylor's version, this original will still be the classic and superior one tbh

so you chose the right version :) ahhhh, i love this song so much.. its so nostalgia and makes me think about the happier time :'(

the top of the world top of the world top of the world top of the world part is interesting.. and i don't know what to think about that

its okay i think? like it feels very middle of the road but we're gonna see how it will do with the rest of the songs!

the way you saw how pink did in the last round and u still submitted her in this round x

this is even um.. worse than stupid girls so i'm just gonna wish you luck!! i mean it's not that bad but i doubt it will do well

hope i'm wrong tho

TLC - Baby Baby Baby

pls somehow i really enjoy this song? despite its like 5 mins long but i feel like i enjoyed every second of it.

its so groovy and its such a chill vibe and i feel so happy listening to it, very very cute <3

this is cute!! it's nothing much but its a harmless bop and i enjoyed my listening. it sounds like it is a classic and its fun

so yea it's fine with me idk about others but for me, its a yes!

TLC - Red Light Special

ooooh this is sexy? when it started, i thought it was gonna bore me but oooh it didn't bore me at all... it's so sexy and so groovy

both tlc songs are great tbh.. i think i prefer this to baby baby baby but both are such a great pick, yea and WOOO..

the bridge is so good tho and then it kicks to the string AHHHHH!

woahhh another good track in this round, really. i like this song and i think this is my first time listening to it lmao

so yea another great mariah track! it should do just fine in this round x

ahhhhh please this overhated bop :jamming: it's such a nice and fun bop that shook the entire music industry when it was released!!!

queen of pop queen of shaking it off. the better shake it off this round and i said what i said :)

ahehe x it's not the worst.. it's just not for me

:cries: this song is very lowkey compared to other songs in this group but its just so good? like it takes you to a different place!

and it somehow can make you feel emotional too so that was a great listening!! tysm.

WILLOW - Whip My Hair

it's just not that good with all of this amazing songs... :emofish:

Bastille - Pompeii

wow haven't listened to this song for quite some times... i for sure remembered how it was so much better back then

but i guess all the music you loved at sixteen, you'll grow out of x

it's better than some of these songs yea but i'm just not eating it up that much

cher's version is definitely miles and miles better but this is not bad at all!! i enjoyed it.. and i think it's a cute version <3

i'm just used to cher's version that this might sound a bit too soft? but again, it's still better than lots x

ABBA - I Have A Dream

started off very cute and i have to say that its better than i expected but then it got repetitive and i'm just sitting here, listening and like

when is it gonna be something else? :weeps: like yea its cute but its just too repetitive :/

Madonna - Hollywood

oh again, this is def better than i expected but i didn't expect much so good for you i think ..

yea again, pretty okay-ish? it bores me at almost the end of the song so prob not gonna be that high on my list.

whew yes woke me up from hollywood x

its cute enough for me tbh and maybe it'd get a cute placement!!! i rlly said no thoughts, head empty after hollywood

wowww the way yall are hating on this too much.. yea i think its the weakest taylor out of 3 in this group

BUT its not the worst in this group at all and its so much better than others x

stunningqueen.thumb.gif.d2fa74b507377bee

????? ?

Spoiler

Whitney Houston - Heartbreak Hotel

oh my... started off this group very um.. not that strong tbh. it almost makes me want to fall asleep again and its not whitney at her best

very interesting to see how it will do with other songs but right now, it might not do too well for me

Britney Spears - Piece of Me

i don't listen to britney much but this sure is a good song from her! the production is very interesting in some ways?

like when it makes weird noises giggles yea that part is cute!! enjoyed it.

Rihanna - Work

oh PERIOD. thinking about when this was released and i was listening to the premiere on bbc radio or something and i couldn't understand the word she sings

wowww... it still sounds so great now, can't say the same for many songs!!! GOOD JOB!

Ciara - Oh

oh! this is quite good. this is my first time listening to this song and i'm impressed tbh. cause i always have a mixed feeling towards ciara song

so listening to her song and liking it since my first listen is impressive, my mind..

The Weeknd - Starboy

whew what a classic this song has become. it still hits hard today just like it did back then.

what a great track tbh!!

Young Money - BedRock

from some reactions, i thought this was gonna be bad but it's not bad at all please :jamming:

this is actually cute? and better than lots of songs for sure yea x just because its rap doesnt mean it has to be bad methinks!!

Nicki Minaj - Starships

WOOOO one of the best songs in this round for sure :heart2: :jamming: this is really such a great era for nicki

starships is so iconic and its such a fun bop that we all love and enjoy so.. PERIOD.

Mariah Carey - Loverboy

ooh this started off so cute but then it feels like its a bit too much and so many thing happened at once sfsdfdsfds

i enjoyed it tho.. still be able to vibe to it! its just it feels a bit messy at some points!

Leona Lewis - Happy

awww i hope u find ur place miss leona lewis :'(

Katy Perry - Wide Awake

woahh yea missing this song! haven't heard it for quite some time but the quality is still the same.. wow

it's a great track yea and also has great visual. really deserved that #1 tbh.

Beyoncé - Baby Boy

this is absolutely a track that keeps getting better as you listen to the whole song. her power in this song, impressive.

it started off not that strong for me but finished quite strong and i like it!

Missy Elliot - Work It

please this smasha. WOW! such a big bop and it holds so much power. definitely deserved better than #2

such a great song!! i'm jamming, i'm bopping, i'm dancing. def amazing job.

Madonna - Ray Of Light

let me just say.. i'm so happy that she finally will be banned after this :clown: it's a chore to get through all this madonna songs :weeps:

despite saying that, this is the best one that has been submitted in this season tho. and its also better than some songs in here..

so YAY!! :party:

Kelis - Milkshake

okay so whew its a classic, yes. but somehow i thought it hits harder than this :noparty: yea i feel a bit underwhelming

and its probably my bad :(( cause this is such a fun song but right now, other just outfun you!!

AHHHHHH THIS CLASSIC. TAKE MY EVERYTHING. TAKE MY #1. TAKE IT ALL. :weeps:

i love this song so so so sooooooo much :weeps: thank you for sending in this song <3 <3

at first i thought this was gonna have a hard time against all these classics but its absolutely holding itself so strong!

yea, its great and it's just very fresh after all this classics so good job.

this is a great song and i always enjoy it but idk why you didn't send a single version cause this is too long

and i don't know why it should be this long :/ so yea gotta have to bump down a bit but its a good one.

Kanye West - Heartless

the autotune at the beginning is really not the tea. and the song ... is also not really the tea and not really my cup of tea

so i'm sorry :emofish: other judges will like it but i just don't x

stunningqueen.thumb.gif.d2fa74b507377bee

a good round x

yes baby z yes taste

1 minute ago, Kavish said:

baby z loves daddy again

1PeANht.gif

baby z always loves daddy kavish

1PeANht.gif

1PeANht.gif

i want a refund for that meal

a better reception than my round 1 song :smitten:

Woman deserved better tho! :yum:

i'll be honest, this song is too immature for ME! (yes pun intended)

i don't like it :!ohno:

i appreciate the risk, lemme say that. the song? i don't know her

TLC - Baby Baby Baby

what's with songs being mega tragic so far :deadbanana4: maybe i just can't appreciate a classique :thing:

in4resting, maybe i was bopping just a bit

TLC - Red Light Special

back to boring :thing: this one > the first TLC song

cute for a throwback

i originally planned on HATING and PANNING it, but it's better than all of those bores before so... absolutely hate the song tho, i really do

dip it low, pick it up slow :jamming:

:jamming::jamming::jamming: i like it

WILLOW - Whip My Hair

:biblionny: this is different

Bastille - Pompeii

i love some bastille bops for me :jonny5:

it's interesting tbh, you've got my attention

ABBA - I Have A Dream

i had a dream that this round would have more than 20% listenable songs :deadbanana4:

Madonna - Hollywood

yassss slay queen mami :gaycat2:

pretty much annoying and overused, but still a bop

luv! the verses could be better tho

Serving safe

GwGkVeR.png?width=360&height=450

????? 1

Spoiler

LOVE STORY - there's a reason that this is one of the few taylor songs that reached mainland Europe. It's giving classique

TOP OF THE WORLD - how wrong can you really go with a song featuring Brandy's vocals tbh. It's a shame the intro part to this is a bit too long but this is a lovely entry

GET THE PARTY STARTED - now did you not see her getting panned in R1.. This at the very least hasn't aged terribly lyrically. Now sonically..

BABY-BABY-BABY - Completely overstays its welcome for me sorry. It didn't do it for me

WE GOT THE BEAT - it's.. a bit corny? Not the worst thing I ever heard. It's corny enjoyable I guess

RED LIGHT SPECIAL - far superior over the other TLC song. Super sexy and sultry and feels a lot more dynamic as a song.

SHAKE IT OFF - fun bop x

SHAKE IT OFF (TAYLOR) - I was ready to hate on this because it's easily one of the most generic songs of all time.. but it aged much better than I expected. It's just a lot of fun even if it's not a masterpiece

DIP IT LOW - yeah this sounds a bit cheap now.

LET'S WAIT AWHILE - If it was just a little more dynamic this would've been gorgeous. I fear it's bordering on boring now sorree

WHIP MY HAIR - fun x

POMPEII - now why did this of all songs age like fine wine

V2lC9xT.gif

TAKE ME HOME - incredible cover of the OG, completely its own thing without losing the essence of the original

I HAVE A DREAM - for some reason this really hits. The production is absolutely stunning on this. I love this sjsj

V2lC9xT.gif

HOLLYWOOD - much better than the madonna song in R1. It's not 10/10, but it's fun and the production is interesting. cute x

WORK FROM HOME - would've been so much better without a certain someone's screeches... anyways it's okay? it didn't age super well even when I'm ignoring the certain someone. 

TODAY WAS A FAIRYTALE - there's a reason why the other taylor songs in this group reached Europe and other continents.. and this did NOT! I'll leave it at that

????? 2

Spoiler

HEARTBREAK HOTEL - It doesn't stand up to some of my top picks for this group, but it's still cute. Would've given you a really good placement in group A, for what its worth

PIECE OF ME - oh ABSOLUTELY. her 2nd best song after Break The Ice, I don't make the rules! I just love self-referential songs done RIGHT and this one is just WHEWW

I5DoBcc.gif

WORK - one of the most misunderstood songs of the 10s. It's much deeper than people give it credit for, whilst also being much more influential and impactful than people give it credit for. Absolutely timeless

OH - oh no..

STARBOY - oh absolutely. I might prefer this over Blinding Lights. Such a good song

BEDROCK - eh, I'll pass

STARSHIPS - oof lord this aged terribly. I can see why she herself doesn't like this

LOVERBOY (REMIX) - yeah this is BUSY :deadbanana2: I don't hate it tho so

HAPPY - better in time would've been SO much better as a choice. This is still cute though

WIDE AWAKE - one of her best. Such a great send off to an iconic era :jonny2: stunning!! cmon miss fadty!

BABY BOY - this is even better now YUP :jonny5: aged SO well. absolute classique

WORK IT - fun! I wouldn't look for it myself anymore but this is still cute x

RAY OF LIGHT - cute but doesn't hold up that well between my fav songs in this group. It's fine x

MILKSHAKE - can't make it not bop. Fun classic 

KISS ME - now who in the 16th century is this with the name and the graphics.. anyways absolute classic. Still great and makes me very nostalgic x

THEREFORE I AM - fun, but can't help but feel that this still is a poor man's Bad Guy, purposefully crafted to get her another hit hmmm

MIRRORS - didn't deserve to be this long <3 Anyways this is cute I guess

HEARTLESS - one of his best. Absolute CLASSSICCCCCC

I5DoBcc.gif

yes bagels yes taste :clap3:

ranking group b was so difficult, poor yall little b'ers

Q285zig.png

Group A

Taylor Swift - Love Story - idc if this is Scooter's version, this is a classic, I love the lyrics, the story of the song, one of Taylor's best

Brandy - Top Of The World - I love Brandy, this is cute, not one of my favorites but points for being Brandy

P!nk - Get the Party Started - Y'all keep trying it with P!nk :deadbanana4: This is a cute little bop, I'm kinda lukewarm on it, it's one of her more listenable fun songs tho 

TLC - Baby Baby Baby - We love a classic, the 90s had many classics with Baby in the title :jonny: 

The Go Go’s - We Got the Beat - Cute and fun, good luck to you with these ageists!! 

TLC - Red Light Special - This song is sexy, sultry, one of my TLC faves. I just think of Orange is the New Black when I hear it now tho :deadbanana4: 

Mariah Carey - Shake It Off - She came on this bitch mad as hell!!!

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - A BOP, even though it blocked Anaconda, maybe I should penalize it for that :thing: 

Christina Millan - Dip It Low - Sexy bop, POPTAPOPTAPOP that thang iconic, production might sound a little cheap now, still love it tho

Janet Jackson - Let’s Wait Awhile - This is a cute Janet song, not one of my faves, it's lovely tho x

WILLOW - Whip My Hair - A cultural reset, deserved top 10 in the US

Bastille - Pompeii - This is a bit of a bop but the chorus gets annoying, I stanned it back in the day tho

Sophie Ellis Bextor - Take Me Home - First time ever hearing this and I like it, love discovering new songs I can enjoy x

ABBA - I Have A Dream - This is so cheesy, I do like some ABBA, not really this tho 

Madonna - Hollywood - Iconic song (mainly b/c of the vma performance), it's always been an interesting song to me, there aren't many like it

Fifth Harmony - Work from Home - Camila's caterwauling :praise: it's a fun song, I have good memories of it

Taylor Swift - Today Was A Fairytale - I used to really like this but listening to this old version for the first time in awhile and.. it's so bad compared to the new version :deadbanana4: I'll try to remember my old memories of this song :heart2: 

9 hours ago, clue said:

Love you for doing both groups

V2lC9xT.gif

It’s my civic duty that I will fulfill!

Q285zig.png

Group B

Whitney Houston - Heartbreak Hotel - A cute R&B classic, goes on a litle too long

Britney Spears - Piece of Me - Whew this statement from the queen of pop, a classic

Rihanna - Work - This still hits just right, an effortless slay from Rih

Ciara - Oh - Oh (It's alright, one of my least favorite Ciara singles tho)

The Weeknd - Starboy - I actually love this song and it holds its own against many of the classics here

Young Money - BedRock - I don't really remember hearing this much even back when it was popular, it's cute

Nicki Minaj - Starships - :eli: I still love this song idc, summer classic, fun, iconic performances, broke Aretha's record 

Mariah Carey - Loverboy - Da Brat's verse is so messy, I've always enjoyed this song, banana split my dairy queen, butterfinger my tangerines

Leona Lewis - Happy - Hmm, it's okay, I used to really stan Leona back then, not feeling this as much now tho

Katy Perry - Wide Awake - This deserved #1 over many of her other songs that hit #1 tbqh

Beyoncé - Baby Boy - I love this immaculate bop, it hasn't aged a day

Missy Elliot - Work It - I feel like everyone loves this song, it always does well in everything I see it in, I stanned it hard as a kid and it hasn't aged at all

Madonna - Ray Of Light - This interstellar galactic cosmic universal chaotic bop 

Kelis - Milkshake - Mean Girls classic bop, it's funny how Kelis gives low energy vocals for such a bop

Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me - Lovely classic, this song just has such a sweet quality to it, it's one of my 90s faves

Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am - I like this but.. look at the competition

Justin Timberlake - Mirrors - :biblio: idr this being 8 minutes, it's cute for 3 

Kanye West - Heartless - It's kinda just there for me, the autotune makes it feel soulless to me

Starting to feel not safe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.