All Time Hot 100 Songwriters

Ash12345

Scott Storch is 2003-2006 crossover music in a nutshell:

50 Cent, Pink, the births of Beyonce & JT the solo artists, and the unearthing of Chris Brown, Mario, and Xtina the Rebel.

For him to come back so strongly with Halsey and Post (and work on Chris Brown's last album) is amazing. 

(I hope he works with Britney, Ciara, and Usher to complete the whole early 00s pop landscape)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

BTW regarding the playlist I'm making with the most streamed songs by each songwriter... When those songs are shared by multiple songwriters in the top 100, I just add the next most streamed song so that there's still 5 unique songs per songwriter.

For example, Without Me is shared by Justin Timberlake and Scott Storch. So the next most streamed song by either Scott Storch or Justin Timberlake is Cry Me A River, so that gets added to the playlist. Let Me Love You is shared by Ne-Yo and Scott Storch so the next most streamed song by Ne-Yo/Storch is Play Hard, but that's actually already in Akon's total, so the next most streamed one after that is Miss Independent so that gets added to the playlist.

So basically there should be 5 x 100 = 500 songs in the playlist when all is said and done but there's going to be a lot more than 5 Max Martin songs since he's written on many of the biggest hits of a lot of the other top 100 songwriters.

Diane Warren is probably the number one on the list. She wrote the most successful female song on Hot 100 charts (How Do I Live) + Un-Break My Heart, Because You Loved Me...

2 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Scott Storch is 2003-2006 crossover music in a nutshell:

50 Cent, Pink, the births of Beyonce & JT the solo artists, and the unearthing of Chris Brown, Mario, and Xtina the Rebel.

For him to come back so strongly with Halsey and Post (and work on Chris Brown's last album) is amazing. 

(I hope he works with Britney, Ciara, and Usher to complete the whole early 00s pop landscape)

Halsey was just a sample of Cry Me A River but Post counts.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:32 AM, Ash12345 said:

Halsey was just a sample of Cry Me A River but Post counts.

I still count it as a comeback. For him to lose everything and have a hit like that to anchor his publishing comeback couldn't have been written better in a movie.

87. Shawn Carter (Jay-Z)

170630101211-jay-z-exlarge-169.jpg

One of the most successful rappers of all time, Jay-Z was grew up in a Brooklyn housing project and got into the local rap scene in the late 80s. Jay-Z released his debut album "Reasonable Doubt" in 1996 and had several moderate hits in the late 90s, the most successful of which was "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)". He was a successful singles artist in the 00s and 10s, usually by collaborating with other artists like Rihanna, Beyonce, Kanye West, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey and Justin Timberlake. He was also a successful album artist, "Reasonable Doubt", "The Blueprint", "The Black Album", "American Gangster" and "4:44" are generally considered rap classics. Jay-Z also founded several businesses, often in music related fields, such Roc-A-Fella Records in 1995, and Roc Nation and Tidal.

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

495m - Ni**as In Paris (Jay-Z, Kanye West)

469m - Still D.R.E. (Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg)

432m - Crazy In Love (Beyonce feat. Jay-Z)

427m - Numb/Encore (Jay-Z, Linkin Park)

389m - Drunk In Love (Beyonce feat. Jay-Z)

Table of Points

azhpMWw.jpg

4UEvmIk.jpg
6VD2Fjg.jpg
6vGtFom.jpg
NqWvLOy.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz

Edited by Ash12345

How have I never known that Jay Z’s real name is Shawn :deadbanana2:

Didn’t know that Jay had credits on Lose My Breath & Coming Home

Jay Z :clap3: 

I'm so impressed with Dolly Parton because she got 10,000 points from a very few songs which she has 100% credit for! Amazing!

On 12/15/2019 at 6:00 AM, J Legend X said:

why are we doing this when we already know the #1?.... MAX MARTIN... periodt

Paul, John, Mariah, Carol, Prince, Stevie, The Brothers Gibb & are all just as strong contenders as Max is. Probably even more since their have majority 50% & 100% credits on their hits. Also Dr. Luke as just as much chance as Max as well.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:56 PM, Ash12345 said:

Honorable Mention - Dolly Parton

Dolly-Parton.jpg?w=980&q=75

Most streamed hits on Spotify

308m - I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston)

210m - Jolene (Dolly Parton)

180m - 9 to 5 (Dolly Parton)

5m - Two Doors Down (Dolly Parton)

4m - Baby I'm Burnin' (Dolly Parton)

Table of Points

HwCeF2Y.jpg

@family.guy123 You can't make it into the top 100 based off one song alone and unfortunately despite amazing recurrents, Jolene was only a minor Hot 100 hit.

My fave did that :clap3:

Aww <3 

And I thought Shawn Carter was common knowledge. 

I’m not really a fan of rap but I do love Jay’s music. 

Jay-Z :clap3:

80. Maurice Gibb

Maurice_Gibb_2001.jpg

The more mild-mannered of the Bee Gees brothers, Maurice Gibb helped Barry and Robin create much of their songs, contributing mostly to the melodies, harmonies and arrangements. The Gibb brothers started singing together when Maurice was 6 years old and started gaining recognition in their early teens/pre-teens. Maurice was the group's main guitar and bass player, and also provided backing harmonies. After a few years together, the Bee Gees got their first hit with "(The Lights Went Out In) Massachusetts" which peaked at #11 in 1967. In 1970, he released the first single from his debut album "The Loner", however, although several songs from the album have been released, the full album never was. In the mid to late 70s, the group shifted towards disco music, and released many of their most popular songs as part of the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack. In the late 70s to mid 80s, he wrote several hits for other artists with his brothers, including hits for the solo career of his youngest brother, Andy.

352m - Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees)

185m - How Deep Is Your Love (Bee Gees)

116m - Night Fever (Bee Gees)

100m - More Than A Woman (Bee Gees)*

99m - Islands In The Stream (Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers)

*The Bee Gees version didn't chart, only the one by Tavares, but the Bee Gees version has much higher streams

Table of Points

N9DfUp8.jpg

8oHLBRm.jpg

rfOXJof.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz

Edited by Ash12345

Sad that Scott Storch fell due to drugs and that overblown ego of his because he is truly a talented guy. 

The way he was indeed such a consistent crossover hit maker is rare.

Hopefully he's able to make a proper comeback after getting to Post!

11 hours ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Didn’t know that Jay had credits on Lose My Breath & Coming Home

I'm always so curious to know what contribution Jay had on Lose My Breath :gaycat5:

Maurice Gibb :clap3: 

Bee Gees is one of my dad's favorite bands ever, so I actually grew up listening to them. Amazing songs, so happy for their legacy.

On 12/15/2019 at 12:56 AM, Ash12345 said:

Honorable Mention - Dolly Parton

Dolly-Parton.jpg?w=980&q=75

Most streamed hits on Spotify

308m - I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston)

210m - Jolene (Dolly Parton)

180m - 9 to 5 (Dolly Parton)

5m - Two Doors Down (Dolly Parton)

4m - Baby I'm Burnin' (Dolly Parton)

Table of Points

HwCeF2Y.jpg

The fact that IWALY is sung by the best vocalist of all time and written by f**king Dolly Parton always gets me. ICONIC:worship2:

Ohhh the 1st Bee Gees brother is here

Charli XCX

charlixcx-770x433.jpg

1069m - Señorita (Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello)

433m - Fancy (Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX)

401m - Same Old Love (Selena Gomez)

366m - I Love It (Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX)

260m - Boom Clap (Charli XCX)

Table of Points

VasGXPi.jpg

@family.guy123 @Kylie Jenner Her songs might have more streams than some of the songwriters here because they're more recent hits but there's still far too few hits and too many co-writers to make it into the top 100.

79. David Gates

DAVIDGATES1600530.jpg

Born in Oklahoma, David Gates was the son of musician parents and learned to play violin, piano, bass and guitar at a young age. In 1961 he moved to Los Angeles and wrote songs and worked as a musician and producer for artists that included Pat Boone. His first hit was #3 single "Popsicles and Icicles" for The Murmaids in 1963 and he wrote multiple other hits in the 1960s. He then formed soft-rock band "Bread", whose debut album was released in 1969 and they had several AC radio driven hits until 1973 when the group split up. After that, he continued to write for other artists, for his career as a solo artist, and then again for Bread when they reunited from 1976-1978. His last Hot 100 hit was "Take Me Now" in 1981, after which he decided to focus on running his cattle ranch.

57m - Everything I Own (Bread)

48m - Make It With You (Bread)

29m - If (Bread)

26m - Guitar Man (Bread)

19m - Baby I'm-a Want You (Bread)

Table of Points

jPmfknI.jpg

Edited by Ash12345

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.