All Time Hot 100 Songwriters

Ash12345

11 hours ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Always forget she was a sample credit on Grillz :skull:

She has 11 #1s as a songwriter only second to Mariah Carey (females). 

Mariah Carey - 17

Beyoncé - 11

Madonna - 10

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

P!nk, Sheryl Crow and the woman from 4 Non Blondes are coming :jonny5:

This must’ve taken forever :skull: 

Add me to the tag please!

On 12/9/2019 at 9:12 PM, Timber said:

Damn, that's a lot of big songs. I don't think Bey made the top 100. :sad:

Well your concerns are unfounded because...

83. Beyoncé Knowles-Carter

gettyimages-946416208_custom-3e4c46d21b8

Beginning her professional career as a member of Destiny's Child in 1997, Beyoncé had her first hits as a songwriter with the girl group's second album, "The Writing's On The Wall". After releasing three albums with Destiny's Child, she began a career as a solo artist with her album, "Dangerously In Love" in 2003, and had a large number of hits in the 00s. The singles from her 2010s albums experienced more moderate success, but made up for that by attracting greater critical acclaim.

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

710m - Halo (Beyoncé)

432m - Crazy In Love (Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z)

399m - 7/11 (Beyoncé)

390m - Drunk In Love (Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z)

351m - Say My Name (Destiny's Child)

Table of Points

hbBhLSR.jpg

WxmGIpl.jpg

TDdmSj3.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC

Edited by Ash12345

Get it Giselle. :clap3:

Wow. Beyonce's killing it.

Amongst legends and Motown writers. :clap3:

8 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

The amounts of 10s an 20s % :toofunny2:

Is Gaga on the list with her 50%s? :skull:

Try again. 

@Ash12345 Does Beyonce have writing credits on Mi Gente (Remix) and Perfect Duet? 

1 minute ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Try again.

Of course not considering she has half of Bey´s amount of songs. Anyway, this isnt a flamebait thread so keep it cute x

1 hour ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Wow. Beyonce's killing it.

Amongst legends and Motown writers. :clap3:

Try again. 

@Ash12345 Does Beyonce have writing credits on Mi Gente (Remix) and Perfect Duet? 

I won't be counting Perfect Duet though since that was only the top performing version of the song for a few weeks, which was enough for her to get it credited to her as a #1 hit but not enough for the Perfect Duet to be the one that counted for the song's chart run as a whole (such as on the YE lists).

For Mi Gente though it seems like the remix was the top selling version for enough of the chart run that it's the one that counted towards year end lists and the Hot 100 chart run as a whole, and she has 1/8th of the writing credit on it so give me a minute and I'll add it to her total, which increases to 17578 points and a #84 ranking.

86. Sylvester Stewart (Sly Stone)

slyfl_wide-c8b5f5b38bb202b9de802b3e5d946

Sly Stone was passionate about music from a young age, having mastered the keyboard, drums, guitar and bass by age 11, and was part of various bands in high school. He started out as a radio DJ for a San Francisco soul radio station while also playing keyboard for major performers like Marvin Gaye and Dionne Warwick. In 1966 he started his band, Sly & The Family Stone, who had several hits in the late 60s and early 70s. Although drug use lead to struggles for the band in the 70s and 80s, they were still one of the most important pioneers in funk music and influenced artists from Stevie Wonder to Prince to the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

104m - Everyday People (Sly & The Family Stone)

39m - Dance To The Music (Sly & The Family Stone)

32m - If You Want Me To Stay (Sly & The Family Stone)

32m - People Everyday (Arrested Development)

27m - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) (Sly & The Family Stone)

Table of Points

L7Uq94j.jpg

0P3DlJM.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC

Edited by Ash12345

All these legends.

Surprised that Beyonce was higher than Stevie Nicks, because when you think of legendary song writers you don’t generally think of her (I always think more of along a legendary performer).

I'm so happy to see all of this black excellence in songwriting from the 60s and 70s. :clap3:In an era where white artists "flipped" black songs and took credit, and major labels looked to give quick advances instead of long-term publishing equity to black artists who *actually* wrote and freestyled their songs, so many overcame those barriers.

As for Beyonce, I'm just happy she's here amongst greatness because there's a misconception out there that she doesn't or can't write. If anything, her willingness to share writing duties and include samples has kept her sound fresh and her range of influences more vast than her peers. As her sister Solange said, "Do NOTHING Without Intention". I think it's so cool that her modern works credit the team behind the Wiz, Michael Jackson, the entire NOLA hip-hop diaspora, Maps, Isaac Hayes, Fela Kuti, Boyz II Men, The Lomax Family, Frankie Beverly, Led Zeppelin, etc. She will now be forever connected to those artists and their estates though publishing.

There's no beef or bad blood, and @Ash12345 is doing an amazing job. 

Amazing! Can you tag me @Ash12345 :jonny5:

25 minutes ago, Lazuli said:

why does bey get 0% of love in this club pt 2? :deadbanana: 

I don't know what the story behind the song is, but neither BMI nor ASCAP list her as a songwriter on the song.

6 hours ago, Underdogs said:

Did Pink make the list?

Not so far

Surprised to see Beyonce, but I honestly have no idea she has a lot of songwriting credits so kudos to her.

I wonder if Ryan Tedder can make the top twenty, he has written so many hits too.

85. Aliaune Thiam (Akon)

Akon-4-640x360.jpg

Senegalese-American Akon was the son of a dancer and father who played percussion with artists including James Brown and Michael Jackson and passed down his passion for music to his son. Akon's artistic debut was Konvicted in 2004 which featured R&B vocals over hip hop beats and included major hits "Lonely" and "Locked Up". He had several more hits in the 00s and early 10s as a lead and as a featuring vocalist. He also founded two labels and discovered Lady Gaga and T-Pain and got them record deals.

261m - Smack That (Akon feat. Eminem)

259m - Sexy Bitch (David Guetta feat. Akon)

238m - Just Dance (Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis)

236m - Play Hard (David Guetta feat. Akon & Ne-Yo)

171m - The Sweet Escape (Gwen Stefani feat. Akon)

Table of Points

9OWQOEH.jpg

lbnPI3k.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember

Edited by Ash12345

6 minutes ago, Watson! said:

Beyonce has 33% credit for Halo, even if there is a demo from ryan which is exactly the same with her version. WTF

The actual ownership for the songwriting is 15% for Beyonce, 25% Evan Boggart and 60% Ryan Tedder, but for most songs it's not possible to get those stats so to keep the methodology consistent I'm just dividing the points equally among all credited songwriters.

1 hour ago, Ash12345 said:

The actual ownership for the songwriting is 15% for Beyonce, 25% Evan Boggart and 60% Ryan Tedder, but for most songs it's not possible to get those stats so to keep the methodology consistent I'm just dividing the points equally among all credited songwriters.

I think it would be better if you could have a closer look at the 2-3 songs that bring the most points.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.