All Time Hot 100 Songwriters

Ash12345

31 minutes ago, Watson! said:

I think it would be better if you could have a closer look at the 2-3 songs that bring the most points.

But on most songs I won't be able to get any solid info, even if they're big hits. The only reason I know the percentages for Halo is that the songwriters were all with difference licensing organizations so when it said what the % ownership for each licensing organization was, that was also revealing the % for each songwriter. But usually there's multiple songwriters per licensing organization on any give song so you can't know. Like with Love On Top it says ASCAP has 100% control because The Dream, Beyonce and Shea Taylor are all affiliated with ASCAP, so there's no way for me to know what the ownership for each songwriter is.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

57 minutes ago, Watson! said:

I think it would be better if you could have a closer look at the 2-3 songs that bring the most points.

stfu. op doesn’t owe you anything. it’s already a ton of work 

84. Bob Crewe

bob-crewe-billboard-1960-640x430.jpg

Songwriter and producer Bob Crewe wrote his first hit in 1957, "Silhouette", which was recorded by The Rays and reached #3 on the Hot 100. In 1959, The Four Seasons began working with Bob Crewe as session singers and a couple years later, he signed them to his production company, and teamed up with their keyboardist and back up vocalist Bob Gaudio to write songs for the group. He wrote songs for other artists as well, continuing into the 1970s, such as "Lady Marmalade" by Patti LaBelle, which became an even bigger hit when it got covered by Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, P!nk and Mýa for the Moulin Rouge soundtrack in 2001.

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

192m - Lady Marmalade (Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, P!nk, Mýa)

85m - Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Frankie Valli)

26m - Big Girls Don't Cry (Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons)

23m - Walk Like A Man (Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons)

15m - My Eyes Adored You (Frankie Valli)

Table of Points

EzKIT7H.jpg

HVgKbjF.jpg

2ygXYX1.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember

Edited by Ash12345

1 hour ago, Watson! said:

You can’t be this entitled dude. 

Akon :eek: That's a surprise too!

I miss him and his music, I always jam to Don't Matter so much before.

1 hour ago, Ash12345 said:

But on most songs I won't be able to get any solid info, even if they're big hits. The only reason I know the percentages for Halo is that the songwriters were all with difference licensing organizations so when it said what the % ownership for each licensing organization was, that was also revealing the % for each songwriter. But usually there's multiple songwriters per licensing organization on any give song so you can't know. Like with Love On Top it says ASCAP has 100% control because The Dream, Beyonce and Shea Taylor are all affiliated with ASCAP, so there's no way for me to know what the ownership for each songwriter is.

didnt know it was ao complicate. Never mind.

:clap3:

So It looks like the formula moving forward is:

Chart Hits As An Artist/Act + Chart Hits as a writer for other people + Chart Hits as a sample.

At this point, I'll be shocked if none of the following (Michael Jackson, David Foster, Babyface, Max Martin, or Drake) make the top 5.

Honorable Mention - Dolly Parton

Dolly-Parton.jpg?w=980&q=75

Most streamed hits on Spotify

308m - I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston)

210m - Jolene (Dolly Parton)

180m - 9 to 5 (Dolly Parton)

5m - Two Doors Down (Dolly Parton)

4m - Baby I'm Burnin' (Dolly Parton)

Table of Points

HwCeF2Y.jpg

@family.guy123 You can't make it into the top 100 based off one song alone and unfortunately despite amazing recurrents, Jolene was only a minor Hot 100 hit.

Charli XCX?

Please tag me when you do reveal as well please I love this! :heart2:

10 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

:clap3:

So It looks like the formula moving forward is:

Chart Hits As An Artist/Act + Chart Hits as a writer for other people + Chart Hits as a sample.

At this point, I'll be shocked if none of the following (Michael Jackson, David Foster, Babyface, Max Martin, or Drake) make the top 5.

Don't forget covers. Several of the older songwriters on this list will have dozens of charting covers.

7 hours ago, Watson! said:

Beyonce has 33% credit for Halo, even if there is a demo from ryan which is exactly the same with her version. WTF

It's not the same though..?

Dolly Parton :clap3:

I’m so ready for Taylor, but I guess I’ll have to wait for a long time :jonny6:

Dolly :clap3:

I can't wait to see where Taylor is :dancehall:

Edited by mcohen

On 12/11/2019 at 5:08 AM, Mr. Duff said:

Alicia Keys solo on Fallin' and If I Ain't Got You :clap3: 

Indeed!!

Amazing thread omg! Is it too late to asked for being tagged as well :jonny6:

The 100% or 50% are the most surprising/shocking to me because much less doubt in the amount of contributions. Alicia's 100% on Fallin and Calvin's 100% on We Found Love is just wow!! Did Dolly Parton just refuse to collaborate with others on her strongest songs?? She's giving me Diane Warren teas.

why are we doing this when we already know the #1?.... MAX MARTIN... periodt

82. Scott Storch

Scott-Storch-may-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

Producer-songwriter Scott Storch's professional career began as a keyboardist for The Roots in 1991, but decided he preferred being a producer to touring and had his first hits as a producer in 1999 with "Still D.R.E." and "You Got Me". He had several major hits in the early to mid 00s but then developed a cocaine addiction, blew all his money on luxury vehicles and found himself facing bankruptcy multiple times. He seems to have kicked his addiction in 2015 and has become more productive since, helping make music for several hip hop artists.

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

882m - Without Me (Halsey)

468m - Still D.R.E. (Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg)

401m - Let Me Love You (Mario)

300m - Candy Shop (50 Cent feat. Olivia)

283m - Cry Me A River (Justin Timberlake)

Table of Points

SDBr6xw.jpg

UJSrfIV.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz

Edited by Ash12345

22 minutes ago, J Legend X said:

why are we doing this when we already know the #1?.... MAX MARTIN... periodt

Only some of us know the #1.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.