Everything posted by guppypuss
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Haha no, it's a small artist and Beyoncé did not record it. What I will say is that she has at least once placement on Renaissance. Happy hunting!
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Awesome!!!! I've actually been sitting on another Renaissance era song that Beyonce's team requested and the artist kept it for herself. We also already have an ACT III reject that's released by a previous songwriter discussed here (yes, it's rock!). I've been waiting for ACT III to drop so I can post about them trilogy style, but for now I'm keeping them on stealth mode for now until someone else finds the info
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
"Ego" was originally recorded by Jamie Foxx, and the unreleased "I'm Alone Now" was originally demoed by CeeLo Green for Whitney Houston: https://www.instagram.com/reel/DZIPqh5gIzH/?igsi=NjZxdjVjNHdzZDJq Ceelo Green Sings Demo of Unreleased Song Intended For Whitney Houston (Circa 2007) - Straight From The A [SFTA] – Atlanta Entertainment Industry Gossip & News
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
It looks like "Born To Love You" leaked at some point on the internet under Unknown: Danja Blog: Danja Discography There's a bit of hope there, the fact that it's been online and someone's heard it. Same with "Erotic." Hopefully they don't stay lost forever I've also been doing a lot of digging into Anesha Birchett's 2005/6 Darkchild demos. There's the ones A Common Channel posted from her shelved album sessions, but I found a lot more too. Some went to Megan Rochell, Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton, a male artist or two... I'm thinking at least one could be from the B'Day sessions, but I'll figure that out the more I dive
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Any registration with Victoria Riddick, Treshon Jenkinz, and Falon King (probably more names) is fake unfortunately haha. Sometimes there's real songs registered with one of them registered as a songwriter, but that just means the credits are unreliable. But yeah, all of those titles are fake
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Not yet, but I have an idea of someone who might. They're just a little hard to come by I haven't found it, but I have an idea who might have it. I'll try reaching out to them at some point
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Did I ever mention a title from the B'Day era that she mentioned in 2006, "Play Me Your Love"? I remember the transcript being on a blog and I remember it was in NYC (I believe she lived there at the time): "All the songs on this album have real energy because it's coming out in the summer and is mostly up-tempo. "One of the most fantastic tracks is called Play Me Your Love. It's high energy but very soulful." EDIT: Found it here Caught On Camera
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
I was going to save this info for when I started posting for Beyonce's self-titled era, but since David Guetta said that it was originally for Rihanna, I also wanted to share that in this article, Ester Dean said that it actually started out in a Beyonce writing session in the Hamptons: 'Songland' Stars Have a Message: 'Creativity Wins' During Coronavirus It was probably a Wrecking Ball situation where it was written during a session for one artist, but by the time the song was fully conceived, it was considered for a different artist instead.
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
This track by Yummy Bingham was also submitted to B'Day but rejected. It was being sold on the Motown Records website before Yummy's debut album released. "Originally for Beyonce but rejected ( Big, Big Mistake Mlle. Knowles ), Ms Bingham wrote this with Rockwilder. Her debut solo album The First Seed is expected for a 2006 release. This single Will be as big as in '06 as Amerie was in '05, believe!!" These 2 The Clutch x Rich Harrison tracks have also been on my radar since they fit the bill for B'Day + were made around that time, but no solid confirmation yet. "Here I Am" was recorded by Erica Rivera and Natasha Thomas (hasn't leaked), and Little Bit was recorded by Erica Rivera (hasn't leaked)
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
I probably misread the source at the time, I'm not sure if it was ever considered as a single. But it was definitely replaced by Deja Vu, which ended up being the lead single
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Finally posted an extended snippet of "I Can't Go On". I'm gonna see if I can possibly buy the full demo from the source! I also want to share this track that is most likely from the B'Day sessions judging from the credits (Rodney "Darkchild Jerkins, Delisha Thomas, LaShawn Daniels, D'Mile, Anesha Birchett) Linda Kiraly - Can't Let Go
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
Exactly!
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
I feel like waking up some discussion here, so I wanted to share this that I found today. I was going into Solange's unreleased discography, and this track is actually a Beyoncé demo from around 2007, but no one has seemed to catch on for all these years The first verse begins with "I'm Bey by day, but by the time the sun goes down..." Solange- Electric Blue - YouTube
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
"Not The Only One" by Amerie confirmed to be originally for Beyonce somewhere in this podcast (I don't have a timestamp, but someone brought it to my attention):
-
Songs Meant for / Passed on / Taken by Rihanna (Master-list)
According to the lyrics, the song seems to be a fun track dedicated to Barbados Livvi and Rihanna are both Bajan, but Rihanna specifically has a special connection to one of the places that Livvi puts emphasis on. 1988–2002: Early life Rihanna's parents' house in Bridgetown, just a few meters from the city's harbor Robyn Rihanna Fenty was born in Saint Michael, Barbados, on February 20, 1988.[4][5] She is the daughter of Monica (née Braithwaite), an Afro-Guyanese accountant,[6] and Ronald Fenty, a Barbadian warehouse supervisor of African, Irish, English, and Scottish descent.[7][8][9] Rihanna has two younger brothers, Rorrey and Rajad Fenty, as well as two half-sisters and a half-brother from her father's previous relationships.[10][11] She was raised in a three-bedroom bungalow in Bridgetown and helped her father sell clothes at a street stall.[12][13] Her childhood was affected by her father's alcoholism and crack cocaine addiction, which strained her parents' marriage.[14][15][16] Rihanna has spoken about witnessing her father physically abuse her mother, describing her as "one of the strongest women I know, if not the strongest".[17][10] In Verse 2, Livvi says: It doesn't matter where you from in town [?], Briggs, or Bridgetown (Bridgetown)
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
The way my jaw dropped just now, I'm soooo glad you shared this! You have actually found the title of a Delisha Thomas demo that I've been trying to find in full for about 2 years now! I was either thinking this was a B'Day demo or a Janet demo for her 20 Y.O. album, but now we know it was for B'Day (and we know Beyonce recorded it!) Here's a snippet: Delisha Thomas- Unknown Demo The original file I recorded this from went up to the 2nd verse, but it is currently lost and all I have is this unfortunately UPDATE (4/12/2026): AFTER 2 YEARS I FOUND THE ORIGINAL FILE AGAIN! Will be posting it here once I've moved onto posting B'Day stuff!
-
Songs Meant for / Passed on / Taken by Rihanna (Master-list)
You heard it here first, this is a Rihanna demo from the TTT era. Found this out through transcribing the lyrics: Livvi Franc - Let Go (Demo) - YouTube Also, I've taken back my previous posts regarding Frankie Storm x Stargate sessions for Rihanna's GGGB album. Songs like "So Predictable" and "One More Dance" are either labeled as [UNCONFIRMED] now on my channel, or have been archived for one reason or another. The only ones that I'm 100% sure about are the 2 that Rihanna recorded ("Don't Stop The Music" and "Cry"), and "Rock & A Hard Place". I personally think the other ones need more looking into. Basically, "Colors" by Jordin Sparks was originally for Frankie's planned album, and "The Streets" was always intended for Ciara, according to another researcher, so I'm looking at things differently now. Despite what's been said before, I don't think it's fair to say all Frankie Storm x Stargate songs were Rihanna-specific
-
Songs Meant for / Passed on / Taken by Rihanna (Master-list)
The demo for Dweet was performed by a male, probably Buju Banton himself? Stefflon got the song after Where'd D Magic Go Dweet PumPum Ooh (Lights Up) Streetz Pon Lock Boomerang My World Garden Gwan Look Pon It Private Loving Let Me In Love Looks Like Us Reward Righteous Start It These titles align with what was posted on this forum 2 years ago (along with extra titles) Rihanna | Page 712 | The Popjustice Forum I'm also surprised they haven't all been posted by someone yet, I'll get around to posting R9 stuff at some point for sure
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
"If" by Destiny's Child was originally for Tweet, via Shannell Red in this interview: I think video/audio interviews are an underrated source of finding info. Most people aren't willing to sit through them (especially if they aren't transcribed), but when I find something interesting, it's always gold.
-
Songs Meant for / Passed on / Taken by Rihanna (Master-list)
Yes! This is true. Rihanna recorded it for her scrapped reggae album, and it's still registered under her name, last time I checked. There was actually a mass leak of R9 demos that she recorded, a lot of which have been mentioned a few years ago, and show up as registered. This reject was another one from that mass leak (Dweet specifically, not Come Outside), and my personal favorite:
-
Songs Meant for / Passed on / Taken by Rihanna (Master-list)
I've actually never heard of this haha. Possibly The "Let Me In" I have is by Kranium & Toian with JAXX on production. Maybe they're different songs, but I'm curious where the H.E.R. info came from?
-
Songs Meant for / Passed on / Taken by Rihanna (Master-list)
Adding to this list since I've finished posting for ANTI: "Body Language" - Big Sign ft. Jhene Aiko & Ty Dolla Sign (Rihanna's version is registered online) "Facetime" - Ari Lennox (written in a 2016 session for Rihanna, category is tricky since ANTI was released Jan 2016) "Air" - Vina Love "My City" - Vina Love "Tough Enough" - Bonnie McKee "Is It Really Me You're Missing" - Nina Nesbitt (placed on hold for Rihanna, dates back as early as 2016) "Los Angeles" - littlebabyangel was an ANTI demo that eventually turned into "Crisis" by ANOHNI "Coals Burn Out" - Charli XCX BONUS: "Sweet Kisses" - Jessie J Sources for all of these are online
-
Songs Meant for / Passed on / Taken by Rihanna (Master-list)
There was a whole folder of 15 R9 demos that leaked towards the end of 2025 that included these songs: Apparently, all 15 were recorded by her for the album. At some point all of the songs are on registration sites under Rihanna's name like, right now I can only see "Love Looks Like Us", "Where D Magic Go", and "Garden". There's also a track called "Let Me In" that I think might've been originally for ANTI and repurposed for R9, because a song of the exact title can be seen on an early track list.
-
Songs Meant for / Passed on / Taken by Rihanna (Master-list)
I know her manager requested "After Midnight", not sure if she recorded that one or "Missile", but probably not Since you mentioned it, I'll share the ones here that I've posted + aren't already listed: "Let Me Love You" - Justin Bieber "Feel The Light" - Jennifer Lopez "After Midnight" - Dorothy "Missile" - Dorothy "Gun" - Kimbra The J-Lo one was confirmed via DMs, the rest have findable sources online Also "Happy Hour" by Cheryl Cole was debunked via DMs
-
Songs meant for / passed on / taken by Beyoncé (Master-list)
"Ever" by Makeba from the list. I think this was definitely intended to be a titular track, the lyrics hint at that a crazy amount. She's saying the number "4" in many ways throughout the track, my transcription is here: Makeba Riddick – Ever Lyrics | Genius Lyrics. My guess is that even though the track is titled "Ever" in files and in mentions, I think that's a placeholder title to obscure the fact that it's a titular track. I believe the true title of the song would be "4" if it were released. Unfortunately, I can't post "Love Don't Have To Hurt" by Johnta Austin or "Luckiest Girl" by Muni Long, both have strict copyrights. I was really excited to post LDHTH because it's actually my favorite from that bundle of demos. It's a song about abusive relationships, as I transcribed here: Johntá Austin – Love Don't Have To Hurt Lyrics | Genius Lyrics. I can confidently share that the song was also recorded by Trey Songz, and it was registered in 2009, making it a "4" era demo. I don't think Stargate actually produced it since they're not registered. I think it was produced by Bryan-Michael Cox. Luckily, Muni Long actually posted a snippet of "Luckiest Girl" on her TikTok, which means the song has been under everyone's noses the whole time! No info on the producer, but it might be Emanuel Kiriakou again: Also more evidence has been found for the Muni demos. "In Case" and "Luckiest Girl" are listed on her manager's website as "Upcoming" for Beyonce's 4 album