HOLY TRINITY 8 - winners announced!

swiftie13

I think I can't do this anymore. Work is getting in the way even if I don't want it too. I will maybe try next time.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swiftie13

• Fa1x intelectual

• Dessy

• Tsareena

He just @‘ed everyone n

and just in case y'all don't know, Caillou is now @Lémur he changed his name back, he's done so like a million times. I could have gone to college with that money!

Edited by swiftie13

I'll be posting the entries in at 8am EST tomorrow. There's still time to submit, witches.

Edited by swiftie13

i'm 2/3 done with mine, hopefully i'll have time to send

xf6lARc.png

ROUND ONE ENTRIES

@Tsareena

Spoiler

Pi1OXlG.jpg?1

84iLa7c.jpg

The Perfect Lover Checklist :nicole:

Cougar-clipart-animations-free-images.gif  HE MUST BE YOUNGER

Like Em Young - Tove Lo - I like energy and passion in my lover and only a younger man can give me that

Cougar-clipart-animations-free-images.gif HE MUST SATISFY ME IN BED

One Minute Man - Missy Elliot - What's the point of a lover if he can't rock your boats for hours. Sex is my priority and he must be good at it

Cougar-clipart-animations-free-images.gif HE MUST KNOW HIS PLACE

Company - Tinashe - I only need a man for sex. Other than that, there's nothing else he's good for.

Thank you and call me at 212-COU-GARZ if you can meet the criteria set fort 

XOXO

5ML7O.gif

Pi1OXlG.jpg?1

@Losing my ground

Spoiler

tiKCNXD.jpg

g80nGZx.jpg

eLJ9lmH.jpg

NUBtbrj.jpg

dRbbR7c.jpg

NOTES: Any resemble to other entries is purely coincidental. The images are hyperlinked to their corresponding songs.

@Fa1x intelectual

Spoiler

Preface:

In his description of the perfect lover, the contestant, Fa1x, will not go deep into the sexual aspects of a relationship since he is a prude whose idea of reality can be compared to that of Luísa in Eça de Queiroz’s magnum opus “O Primo Basílio”.  For all the non-literary geeks, I’ll explain the basics of this character: Luísa is a shallow dame of the Portuguese upper-middle class who loves reading ultra-romantic books like “Camille”, leading to her vision of the world being built around gentlemen that recite gorgeous poems to their muse while saving them from evil-doers, all that cheesiness! Now that we established this. Let us go to the entry per se.

My ideal partner, would you please…

Not be perfect…

Kp-6dk.gif

As much as I cherish my whiterse (that is a neologism, by the way. It comes from a portmanteau between white + horse, serving as a synonym for “romantic”) roots, I will be the first to admit that the “Romeo and Juliet” couple, if played straight, is only a good trope when used for these archetypal beings. One thing that I loathe about by-the-numbers romantic books is the fact the main couple, more often than not, has this exact mindset: “our love is unbeatable! If you die, I die” etc. Not even my favorite romantic writer of all time, Victor Hugo, managed to fully evade this plague! 

Allow me to elucidate: One cheap sonnet here and there is perfectly fine. But when the interactions occurring between the love-birds are restricted to pointing out their qualities, it leads to superficiality and boredom. Plus: once he or she notices a single minor flaw in their prince or princess… well, I will not say the relationship will be done overnight. What will happen is that they won’t know how to deal with such incredible discovery and then the dramatics kick in…

So, my lover, do not pretend you’re a Mary Sue; for I am not and my hypocrisy only goes this far (and that is saying something).

Song

Be unapologetically egocentric… consciously

"If a person is savvy enough to reference a literary work during an everyday conversation, you can be sure said person is one step closer to a engagement ring in my hand"

- Yours truly

I am self-centered, I have a patronizing attitudeand I am the most accurate representation of an acacean figure… And I know it! I am self-conscious enough to be aware that my spoiled ways of living may result in people hating me. So I act in a self-deprecating manner in order to lure them in; i.e. I could say “Them kidz of today are cursing a lot. Clearly because they didn’t listen to any Beethoven in their babyhood! “And follow that with the Mozart laugh to acknowledge I’m not taking myself seriously and neither should you.

Still, of course, I adore my lifestyle and refuse to change it. My lover should, therefore, be either very similar to myself in this regard, or that is willing to look past it and will not do a futile attempt at “humblerize” me when my favorite character in the Harry Potter franchise is Draco Malfoy (and Hermione), coupled with my favorite brit ever being Veruca Salt. It’s just no use!

With that in mind, the song I chose is supposed to show the type of companion I value: someone who doesn't mind being perceived as weird, anti-social and that, instead, fully embraces this part of themselves. After all, there is only one group that is an oddball here according to the singer: general, boring society! 

I feel like I should explain my song choice further for this one. It is “Coisas Que Eu Sei” by Danni Carlos. Here is a translation for those interested in the full experience, but for the lazy I will give the basic gist: Danni portrays a poetic persona (who am I kidding, most likely herself) that enjoys living in a word apart: her world. Here are the more poignant lyrics that describe the song flawlessly:

“I want to be near [of]

Everything I think is right

Until the day that I

Change my mind”

(...)

It's my point of view

I don't accept tourists

My world is closed

To visitation...

(...)

I live in a scenery

Which is imaginary

I come and go [from it]

Whenever I feel like it...

Song

Appreciate the little details

Now, I do remember saying I do not wish for my partner to be a Juliet and keep reciting known phrases to me… All the time. I AM a Romeo of sorts. You should see me watching romantic comedies. I guarantee that if a sad scene of the couple being apart, with a stupid pop song over it, while flashbacks play showcasing their happy moments together… I will ****ing die crying, even if I’m well aware of this tired gimmick. I like happy endings, and while a huge chunk of my soul believes they might not last forever, there is the other that says they DO. You just have to find your match. I genuinely believe that beauty never fades if you truly love someone. And most importantly: If you love somebody from the very bottom of your heart, they will always be as beautiful as the first time you met them. 

See, my muse? The whole paragraph above is the reason why you should not be perfect and have more of a realistic view on life. Because if we were two idealized, sugary, lovey-dofey buffoons, there would be nothing to complete about us. The point here is: one of us would eventually be bored of each other. Why? Because we are the exact same. There must be differences in order to flourish a dynamic relationship. 

My love, as my last request, I would like that you, in all your realistic glory, took the time once in a while to give say the three words, be it mentally (with a glance at me, for instance) or vocally, to give me little hints of affection by, as stated before, quoting literary works, anything you please. I know you love me. However, sometimes I like my clichés. And if it is me you chose to fall in love with, chances are you knew that already.

Song

@Noah

Spoiler

:heart2: Dream Lover :heart2:

Three Key Elements of Developing a Relationship With Me

make him express how he feels

and maybe then you'll know your love is real

Being confident with who you are and communicating how you feel.

Self-love and self expression are important in being 

happy with yourself and in loving others.

there's no one else that knows me like you do

the walls I hide behind, you walk through

Knowing who the other person is and what they want.

Loving someone for who they are and acknowledging

their hopes and fears in life and in relationships 

is integral in understanding each other.

dreamer, trippin' on your highs

these vibes I feel it, oh

Sending out good vibes, not only in the relationship, but into the universe.

Being kind to others and yourself and caring about the world 

can radiate through the people around you and is 

an easy way to make your way into my heart.

:heart2:

@Lukey

Spoiler

1. Materialistic things 

Just because he might be a total "God", rich, or have other materialistic things, that won't make him able to get with me. I want a man worth more than just that.

2. Trust

I need someone who knows I will run to them whenever and I also want to feel that trust from them. To know they would do the same for me... To know I would be safe in their arms, even when times are hard and there's a possiblity that it might not work out, that they would still run to
me

3. Proudness

I'm all for taking things slow and not rushing into things, but my man will want to show me off, they'll want to feel my skin, they'll be proud and eager to be with me. There'll be hypnotised by who I am and what I am.

@bestfiction

Spoiler

Perfect lover is not an easy task for me since I hadn’t any romantic interactions yet and when you’re only 19, you don’t really know what you are looking for. However, during my teenage years I’ve listened to quite a bunch of love songs so I had many options to choose from.

I. 

“Cowboy style with a peaceful smile”

I’ve decided to start with a Kylie Minogue’s song because who else can represent love in its magnificence and euphoria like Kylie Minogue? In this song Kylie sings about a person who shares a very deep connection with her. She allows being herself only with him since he is the one who opened up the world for her: new places, new experiences. They are for sure on another level of intimacy and understanding; Kylie doesn’t even see the borders between themselves. Moreover, his smile makes her believe that the man must be sent up from skies above. “He is handsome, yet he is mature and wise; undoubtedly he has something to share with me” – that’s, as I assume, Kylie sees in his smile. I wouldn’t resist to a beautiful smile which could warm you up in rainy days or cheer you up in sad ones.

II.

“Your body's in sync to the beat of my heart”

When I considered “Cowboy Style” to be my first song, I focused mostly on how my perfect lover would make me feel with him. However, I’ve chosen “Dance Like We’re Making Love” to represent the trait my dream lover should possess: being a great dancer. Personally I find people who dance quite sexy: you need to use your body language to your fullest and put all your passion into the dance. And of course you need to communicate well if you’re dancing with someone: be in sync with him. That's an essential aspect of every relationships regardless if they are serious or not.

III.

“You melt me and my body feels no shame”

“Body Heat” is about the passion between the two and this is something I need right now. So obviously, my dream lover must be good at “heating” :) Jokes aside, I always stay pretty cool and distant so I’m looking for a person who will kindle the spark in me and make the fire burn bright. I was definitely not going to leave out this part of my dream lover.

@Dessy Fenix

Spoiler

Supernova

Pretty much descriptive of what I want a guy to be like. As I like to put it, the “heat” of the guy “an angel with wings of fire” “you **** like a volcano” would be an attractive turn-on. Scent is also important as I want to get obsessed with your smell.  

BITE

I think while sex appeal is important, I want a guy who also want love. “KIss me on the mouth” Obviously where you should kiss a guy or girl. The song goes on to express the lust from a guy, but with a stopping message “Please, don’t bite”. Biting is often a very sexual act, usually a part of foreplay and can leave marks on your body after the guy basically leave and never talk to you again. Everything comes to a head when this lust get tripped up with love, “Pulling on your heart to push my luck”. It’s very symbolic of how I personally try to seek out love despite being engrossed in this sexual desire. I just want someone who is also seeking love. 

No Angel

I’m not expecting perfection. In fact I don’t want perfection. Why should I get something that I can’t achieve myself? No, I want someone who can be flawed but know it and try to better themselves from those flaws. Now obviously this is in contrast to the first song, but really the first song is more physical while this last song is more emotional/personality wise. 

@Xedretinz Lododnz

Spoiler

The Dog Dream Lover Trinity

Falling in love with dogs is much an easier job than writing a trinity, gahddamnit. Anyway, just like dogs, falling in love with someone is a cute sensation that nobody can resist. It is a human nature and a dog nature as well. In this trinity, I'm gonna describe three things that I'm looking for a perfect lover and I'm gonna show how cute and irresistible dogs are. Cat sucks! 

*click the images for songs*

BDkIBdu.png

Someone Who Will Be There By My Side

"Fire and the Flood"

Vance Joy

"Late at night when you can't fall asleep, I'll be lying right beside you counting sheep"

First, a lover should be someone who will always there by my side, someone who will be there with me when I'm feeling sad, feeling happy, or pooping in a public restroom with no water or tissue. It feels good to know that my lover can take care of me and got my back in anything that I will do. Look how cute those two dogs are!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ldeibyQ.png

Someone Who Can Help Me Become A Better Person

"Waste"

Foster The People

"I'll help you see it through, 'cause I just really want to be with you"

Second, a perfect lover should help me become a better person, a lover who will not just love me for who I am, but a lover who will persuade me to fulfill my dreams and be someone I thought I would never be. A perfect lover should be someone who can help me remove my pus on my butt or someone who can do my projects in school so I can graduate and find a decent job. It's fascinating to see someone more eager than me to see me develop as a better person. Dogs are the cutest!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

D2ny1QC.png

Someone Who Will Never Let Me Feel Alone

"Tongue Tied"

Grouplove

"Take me to your best friend's house, I loved you then and I love you now"

Lastly, my dream lover is someone who will never make me feel isolated and lonely, someone who I can hang out with like we're best friends for life. I needed someone who can accept me, proud of who I am, and has no hesitation to pronounce our love with each other to anybody. Just like dogs, my dream lover must be adorable, welcoming, easy to get along with and is fond of the dog style position. It feels good to have someone who is as energetic and as friendly as Joker The Dog. I miss him so much huhuhu. Rip buddy :(

Thank you for submitting! 

Edited by swiftie13

1 minute ago, bestfiction said:

Waittttt where is my entry? @swiftie13 :chick3:

Messy! Sorry I knew I forgot one. I’ll add it ASAP, I’m on my way to work already. 

Tbh I had never tried quoting a whole bunch of formatted things at once on NuTRL until today and it was a mess!

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, Lémur said:

Just did my judging!

HINTS:

1. r

2. t

3. s

4. r

5. i

6. x

7. h

8. e

Tsareena

Tsareena

Tsareena

Tsareena

Tsarina

Xareena

Tsahreena

Tsareena

shook poor others

1 hour ago, Tsareena said:

Tsareena

Tsareena

Tsareena

Tsareena

Tsarina

Xareena

Tsahreena

Tsareena

shook poor others

if this is even true that means im last and im going to be very annoyed if true

1 hour ago, Lukey said:

if this is even true that means im last and im going to be very annoyed if true

Is your avi from that annoying Frozen "short" right before Coco? :biblio:

First judge's comments next page! In the mean time, let me introduce the replacement judge. @Caillou got murdered (we still don't know whodunit!) but @Lémur agreed to fill in the void. Here are a couple of interesting #fax about this #enigma. 

VsWfLJs.png

Edited by swiftie13

15 minutes ago, swiftie13 said:

Is your avi from that annoying Frozen "short" right before Coco? :biblio:

Um, how DARE you? Yes, it's from Olaf's Frozen Adventure and I know for a fact it's better than Coco. Thankfully, over here they were showing the short movie and the original Frozen so I got to see it and wow, it was amazing. Best film of 2017 hands down

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, swiftie13 said:

First judge's comments next page! In the mean time, let me introduce the replacement judge. @Caillou got murdered (we still don't know whodunit!) but @Lémur agreed to fill in the void. Here are a couple of interesting #fax about this #enigma. For more, visit https://www.instagram.com/lemur_facts/ 

VsWfLJs.png

Screaming at the Instagram page. Lemur has a big fan

7 minutes ago, Lukey said:

Um, how DARE you? Yes, it's from Olaf's Frozen Adventure and I know for a fact it's better than Coco. Thankfully, over here they were showing the short movie and the original Frozen so I got to see it and wow, it was amazing. Best film of 2017 hands down

tenor.gif?itemid=4208554

you are scientifically incorrect