When do you predict Taylor Swift's current level of success will start to slow down?

Strawberry Bubble

3 minutes ago, Arrows said:

For literally 3 days

It doesn't need to be said that Taylor dominates streaming, but it's pretty impressive that Adele is the only artist who forced Taylor to move an album date to avoid competition. It's usually the other way around.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strawberry Bubble

• BrandNewBrandon

• Uzumaki.

• FolkLover1989

I think 2025 she's drop just a bit. But I see her plateauing after that for a decade+ so she'll always feel massive.  

If we have another white Popgirl as strong and multitalented as Gaga. All the attention will go to her and could be damagin for Tay.

Still, Taylor  fanbase is too massive. too big. So i dont know
Taylor career is giving me Madonna. Havin huge sales even when she's in her 50s. :giraffe:
Another way i see her career slowin down is.......if she goes bald. Thats always a career ending moment for ladies

taylor_swift_buzzed_by_bdromeart_dg1b8h1-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzUwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYjEwMjIwNmEtMzRmMy00NmRmLTgwNTEtZTEzZThkZWNkZjUwXC9kZzFiOGgxLTZlNTA2ZTU2LWQ1OTktNDQzYS1hODI1LTBmOTk4OTFlYWFhZC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NTAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.t_5mbYUTcSIWFehyXJebZfxwKI0AMNX18i6Tsd57JfE

Edited by AvadaKedavra

After this current Eras era, which will last all 2024 long and may extend into early 2025 too. By that time she'll be 36 and I expect her to then have a commercial downturn for the rest of her 30s.

Quite frankly it's hard to tell. I think she'll always have a discography that does well, always have tours that do well. Her complete domination may fade so that she may not get 1M debuts in like ten years to come but she'll always do better than most.

there's 2 different questions here:

-when will she decline: soon, after the Poet era. people will be ready to move on from Swift mania

-when will another woman become more successful: considering that she has been on par with Rih Katy Bey Gaga etc for 15 years, i don't see how she could be surpassed even temporarily. the only ones with a shot are kpop girls but their chance of succeeding is very low.

Her success and dominance as the biggest star in the whole world will start to slow down gradually by 2026, but even then, she'll still be big. She'll still sell out stadiums all around the world, her albums will still debut with over 500-700K in the US, she will still have enormous impact on the industry. Even after her success slowing down, she will still do what most artists can't do when they're in their prime. :gaycat5:

Edited by MidnightsAtPeace

58 minutes ago, JoJo said:

It doesn't need to be said that Taylor dominates streaming, but it's pretty impressive that Adele is the only artist who forced Taylor to move an album date to avoid competition. It's usually the other way around.

Cause it was a TV

For real studio album , she won't have moved

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

After 1989 tv which is now 

You're not gonna like TTPD's opening numbers

:ryan3:

• Thanks 1

Maybe tomorrow?

Probably in the 2030s when she is in her 40s. She could have her Cher/Tina/Madonna moment even then, but people are eventually going to start seeing her as an old woman and young people won't be able to relate to her new stuff anymore. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aristede said:

Probably in the 2030s when she is in her 40s. She could have her Cher/Tina/Madonna moment even then, but people are eventually going to start seeing her as an old woman and young people won't be able to relate to her new stuff anymore. 

ready for her music/confessions on a dance floor

Does this thread need to be done every week :ryan3:?

Edited by BrokenMachine

2 hours ago, Venice B said:

When the rerecordings are over.

Maybe she will do a re-re-recording of her re-recordings?

Red (Taylor's Version) (The Mature Version)

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavra said:

If we have another white Popgirl as strong and multitalented as Gaga. All the attention will go to her and could be damagin for Tay.

You know too well GP goes hard for mediocrity so this won't happen anytime soon. The attempts we have seen get always called as 'extra', 'cringe' or 'inorganic' :coffee:

Given the longevity and quality of her extensive hit list she could take a 8 year break and still out stream everyone. 

Taylor seems like the type to never stop so I doubt this will happen until she decides to retire or take a hiatus for more than a decade. 

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Well Gaga released chromatica, one of the worst albums of all time. It seems like she is not using her talent. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

After 1989 tv which is now 

I've always felt she exploded because she had 3 new albums (not counting the TVs) since lover and the fact that tours weren't allowed since 2020. 

like everything happened at once. when we're passed this, naturally everything will start slowing down 

i am curious about her musical output in her 40s though because she could be Katy parry'd if she keeps catering to the younger audiences

She relies heavily on the youth and Gen Z, that's true. However, she has produced true masterpieces; she may create more albums like 'Folklore', 'Evermore', or the '2 AM version of Midnights'.

• Thanks 1

When Olivia Rodrigo releases her upcoming full pop album "2003". 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Does this thread need to be done every week :ryan3:?

yes, it is a hard question

When Addison Rae drops her album

:ryan3:

Has McDonalds' success ever slowed down? :gaylorcat2:

• Like 1

She was able to switch different eras of music, like digital/streaming and winning on different platforms like Spotify, TikTok, Itunes (in the past), etc throught years. 

She will never really decline like a big flop or something similar. She will naturally slow down a little bit somewhere in the future.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.