When do you predict Taylor Swift's current level of success will start to slow down?

Strawberry Bubble

We all know that Taylor has been the main pop girl for almost four years in a row. Her numbers are insane and she basically has no competition. When do you think another pop girl will start getting her spot to become the number one?

I'm predicting that her "decline" will start somewhere around 2026-2027. Of course, by decline a mean that she would be number two, behind another mpg. 

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strawberry Bubble

• BrandNewBrandon

• Uzumaki.

• Goaty

Top Posters In This Topic

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

:ryan3:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

When Trump wins and bans pop music on Day 1. So, January 2025.

2026 tbh

When the rerecordings are over.

• Like 12

When spelling is no longer fun

• Haha 11

When she stops releasing music. 

Sometime next decade. But a "slow down" for Taylor would be a career peak for anyone else, so she's not going anywhere 

:ryan3:

• Like 3

Never sadly

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I expect her "downfall" when she makes her film debut. But it will last like 6 months and she will back to the top again. :ryan3:

She should be afraid of Ms. Vicky Jang Wonyoung

The last time she wasn't the biggest female artist was in 2019 (Billie and Ariana) and arguably again briefly in 2021 (Olivia)

Late 2021 to 2024 has been all hers. I agree 2025-2026 is probably the earliest someone will take over

When she stops doing the re-recordings and touring since there's gonna be more time between her releases.

hopefully soon :ryan3:

5 minutes ago, Arrows said:

The last time she wasn't the biggest female artist was in 2019 (Billie and Ariana) and arguably again briefly in 2021 (Olivia)

Late 2021 to 2024 has been all hers. I agree 2025-2026 is probably the earliest someone will take over

Adele was bigger in late 2021

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arrows said:

Funny thing she was above them all in artist chart and overall units moved that year too

I think even if she is not current #1 ,her catalog will help

probably post ts13 

Late 30s then I expect her to dominate again in her 40s like Tina, Madonna and now Beyoncé.

I feel like her "decline" will just be her opening with 870k first week or something instead of 1 million :rip:

So basically never.

• Thanks 3

Honestly, only if she decides to go on a hiatus which could very much happen once the Eras Tour is over. 

Across the industry, people are clinging to established artists over newcomers on average so there isn't really many newer pop acts who are on the verge of overtaking Taylor. 

People thought Olivia would but even she got overshadowed a bit in 2023. Taylor and Beyonce are established acts and people like to cling to them due to familiarity. Couple that with the fact that Millennials aren't abandoning pop music in their 30's on the same level that Gen Xers and Boomers did when they hit their 30's and you got a perfect storm at hand. 

A loyal fanbase that's been with you for a long time on top of adding newer fans makes it hard for one to suddenly "flop" out of the blue. 

Edited by Storm653

When the tour and re-recordings end and she starts production on her film. We'll probably get a year or two of silence before she's back to promoting her projects. 

hopefully never :ryan3:

After 1989 tv which is now 

I've always felt she exploded because she had 3 new albums (not counting the TVs) since lover and the fact that tours weren't allowed since 2020. 

like everything happened at once. when we're passed this, naturally everything will start slowing down 

i am curious about her musical output in her 40s though because she could be Katy parry'd if she keeps catering to the younger audiences

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.