When do you predict Taylor Swift's current level of success will start to slow down?

Strawberry Bubble

29 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

I don't think neither the artwork nor the aesthetics scream a 1989-type of album and I don't think she could beat 1989's sales with something like that. I could be wrong though but you are downright saying it will be a 40+ million seller. 

I've been on this forum for maybe like 10 days total and I've already seen you talk about Taylor Swift in a negative connotation several times so of course you're going to say that.

Based on the trajectory of her career, and where she is right now, she is 100% set up for success.

• Like 3

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strawberry Bubble

• BrandNewBrandon

• Uzumaki.

• FolkLover1989

BrandNewBrandon
4 minutes ago, Uzumaki. said:

I've been on this forum for maybe like 10 days total and I've already seen you talk about Taylor Swift in a negative connotation several times so of course you're going to say that.

Based on the trajectory of her career, and where she is right now, she is 100% set up for success.

Who said she wasn't set up for success? It's that you initially said it will be bigger than 1989 (her peak era), which is what I don't agree with. And I don't agree with it because even Midnights failed to achieve that. 

15 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

Who said she wasn't set up for success? It's that you initially said it will be bigger than 1989 (her peak era), which is what I don't agree with. And I don't agree with it because even Midnights failed to achieve that. 

Midnights is quite literally selling at a much faster rate than 1989. By this point in 1989's chartrun (a year and a half after release), it had sold 5.8 million units. Midnights is at 7 million units. The singles just weren't as big.

TTPD is 100% guaranteed to be bigger than Midnights, you don't have to be a Taylor Swift fan to see that. Even Helen Keller could tell.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Uzumaki. said:

Midnights is quite literally selling at a much faster rate than 1989. By this point in 1989's chartrun (a year and a half after release), it had sold 5.8 million units. Midnights is at 7 million units. The singles just weren't as big.

TTPD is 100% guaranteed to be bigger than Midnights, you don't have to be a Taylor Swift fan to see that. Even Helen Keller could tell.

I'm really hoping she will do 2 million on its first week, it would be amazing. 

2 hours ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

But the public's attention towards her albums being about exes hasn't been more profound so a new one might break the fascination of it for them. They don't follow her precisely enough to know what album came before that (and the re-recordings have made it messy) so this might as well be yet another album about an ex so that could drive less interest. But then again people love drama. It's hard to say. 

Fair point. Anecdotally she and her music have come up quite a bit among family, friends, and work colleagues, and a lot of people have expressed excitement about songs about Travis being on the album. :priceless: Which we stans know is probably not going to happen. So I wonder even to what extent we'll see some people disappointed about the content of this album being about her breakup. 

Either way I think we can safely conclude the debut week (streaming and sales totals) are going to be her biggest yet. To what extent the album smashes beyond the first week is something we can't really predict without hearing the music first. 

I have a feeling after Eras tour she will get pregnant with Travis so maybe then

Next era will see a slow down but she'll still be huge and above all her peers. It's just the current level she's at is not really sustainable. It was taylormania.

17 hours ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

Decreases happen before you know it. It can happen now or in 10 years or in between albums. It's hard to anticipate. 

I don't agree with you, obsessive taylor hater, blah blah blah, 

Let's fight, I want more comments on this post, lol 

7 hours ago, CherryBay said:

I have a feeling after Eras tour she will get pregnant with Travis so maybe then

Yes, she may focus on her family in the future

BrandNewBrandon
4 hours ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

I don't agree with you, obsessive taylor hater, blah blah blah, 

Let's fight, I want more comments on this post, lol 

You have got to be the most mature and informed Taylor stan I've seen on this board. I won't fight you. 

• Thanks 1

Honestly at this rate it seems, never? and I'm fine with that

:ryan3:

43 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

You have got to be the most mature and informed Taylor stan I've seen on this board. I won't fight you. 

Ownnn, you're too sweet. 

Of course it was a joke, I like your comments a lot, too. 

• Like 1

BrandNewBrandon
17 minutes ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

Ownnn, you're too sweet. 

Of course it was a joke, I like your comments a lot, too. 

That makes you the only Swiftie that does. 

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

• Haha 1

I think album 12 will take a dip, but there will be a resurgence for album 13 since that is so synonymous with her.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.