Hot TikToker drags obsessed J.LO haters; denounces misogynistic hate train

Stankonia

47 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

People are clowning the clip for how desperate and phony it looks as people see right through her antics. She doesn't doesn't simply talk about her childhood, it's her deliberate attempt to appear “relatable" and “down to Earth" with an obviously rehearsed set of lines to go with the “stripped, vulnerable" look. People wouldn't have as much as a problem if she had something of substance to say about growing up there, but again, its pretty clear the point of the clip is to remind the viewers that “she's just one of us" when that kind if sh! t doesn't fly anymore.

People don't like her because of her horrid reputation. There are COUNTLESS stories from people who have had negative experiences with her. Jlos diva attitude is no secret, which people don't **** with, especially considering her lack of talent. On top of being a notorious diva, she's constantly trying to change the narrative, not through her actions, but by reminding us that “she's from the block!” and is thus humble.

There are no mental gymnastics. I explained more than once the difference between giving a nod to where you grew up to honor the place and referencing a neighborhood for marketing purposes. Again, Beyonce gains nothing by reminding us she's from Houston and has never tried using that to connect to the average working class citizen. And again, Beyonce doesn't only shoutout Houston in her songs but has actually been giving up to her community for over 20 years, showing that her odes are genuine. The same cannot be said about Jenny.

These are your weird projections on her, that the clip was rehearsed or that it was a PR move as if every other celebrity documentary isn't massaged to death. I don't know if she's a diva but all the negative stories I see are about blending her vocals with Ashanti which again, all singers do. You have chosen to hate her for some reason and constructed this weird narrative in your head of her being a horrible person and "fake" even though that's literally every celebrity, hate to break it to you. Still waiting to see how much she exploits the block other than a 20 year old single and one off the cuff remark while she was working out. 

Also on a general note. I don't know if JLo is a diva and I don't care. Everything I've seen of her is a pretty self aware, chill person but again, who the **** cares if she's cold or demanding, these cringe fragile tiktok kids that expect popstars to act like their best friends because Olivia Rodrigo or Taylor Swift sell them fake friendship so they will buy variahts would turn to stone with one of Madonna's withering, dismissive looks of contempt. Get out of the house and interact with some real people.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inverted

• A.R.L

• Stankonia

• Yes, AND

17 hours ago, Into The Void said:

J-Lo does nothing but mind her business. She even said she knew no one wanted an album and did it for her fans and the love of music. Idk why people are insulting her. The album is actually good. 

Sis, her ad for her song can't get it or whatever that name is, it was appearing in my YouTube ads at least twice every time I watch a video until I blocked it for good 

Edited by A.R.L
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, A.R.L said:

Sis, her ad for her song can't get it or whatever that name is, it was appearing in my YouTube ads at least twice every time I watch a video until I blocked it for good 

So she is promoting her work. Literally what the job of her team is promotion.  Lol.

and its "Can't Get Enough"*

Edited by Into The Void
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

It is really weird. My FYP is flooded with hate videos about her and I didn't actively seek those out because I like her :deadbanana:. It's one thing to make a mean tweet about someone you dislike, but to take the effort to make a video where you just record yourself talking nasty about someone you dislike (that you don't know personally) is kinda embarrassing.. but also scary because it's easier to spread misinformation and people are more likely to believe you (which they have in her case). 

Also there's no critical thinking or rational thought into some of the criticisms they make about her (or a lot of celebrities tbh) when they make those post..it's a little annoying. E.g. she mentions the Bronx like once in her 1hr 30min documentary; people don't like her songs so don't believe other people like her songs or want to see her in concert; etc. it's too much. 

Edited by FantasyRide
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Shes very talented. 

A great dancer, and a great actress.

She worked her butt off obviously to get where she is.

She gets sooo much hate but i think she needs to go ghost for a year or 2 (film a independent or oscae type movie and just focus on acting)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

My father hasn't lived in the Bronx since the 90s. Is he not allowed to rep where he was raised? He still proudly refers to himself as a "Bronx Italian" and no one is going to stop him from repping his neighborhood just like no one is going to stop J.Lo from repping the bronx. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Into The Void said:

So she is promoting her work.

Which proves the fact that she's not doing it only for fans, that's something completely different

Edited by A.R.L

3 hours ago, A.R.L said:

You just made that up :rip:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stankonia said:

You just made that up :rip:

It's actually true, but I understand you, I couldn't believe it either. :rip:

1 hour ago, A.R.L said:

Which proves the fact that she's not doing it only for fans, that's something completely different

Promo is normal whether it's just for fans or not. Most normal fans do not obsessively follow celebrities they like on Instagram and Google them every day. In fact, SNL posted her performance of "Can't Get Enough" on their official account and some people commented praising Jennifer Lopez and her performance, but admitted they had no idea she had a movie and an accompanying album out. :deadbanana:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I also have one question to people who live in america. Wtf does it mean when you mention your city you are born into? 

I'm born in The Netherllands Nijmegen. YES AND? :D 

should i spread my legs and act weird and mention YEH DUD i'm frOm NiJmegn :juanny:

Gaga is a troll about being italian and i laugh at that but jlo makes it so crignge BROnX :juanny:

idgaf if you remember where you came from lol i would never go to the city i'm born if i was a millionaire. This “i'm just like you dude (puts her hands on her cap)” behaviour is cringe as f. 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Promo is normal whether it's just for fans or not. Most normal fans do not obsessively follow celebrities they like on Instagram and Google them every day. In fact, SNL posted her performance of "Can't Get Enough" on their official account and some people commented praising Jennifer Lopez and her performance, but admitted they had no idea she had a movie and an accompanying album out. :deadbanana:

But that ain't any promo, we can tell a lot of money has been spent to get some general public attention, but it ended exactly as expected, if not worse.

29 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

idgaf if you remember where you came from lol i would never go to the city i'm born if i was a millionaire. This “i'm just like you dude (puts her hands on her cap)” behaviour is cringe as f. 

Thank you for the reminder :rip:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

I also have one question to people who live in america. Wtf does it mean when you mention your city you are born into? 

I'm born in The Netherllands Nijmegen. YES AND? :D 

should i spread my legs and act weird and mention YEH DUD i'm frOm NiJmegn :juanny:

Gaga is a troll about being italian and i laugh at that but jlo makes it so crignge BROnX :juanny:

The Netherlands is a very small country. New York City and Long Island (two parts of New York state) alone have a total population that's basically the same as the Netherlands. It only takes like 3-4 hours to drive across your country. That's how long it takes to drive across two cities here. :deadbanana2:

Americans often mention the state or city they're from (unless they're ashamed) because the US is a huge and very diverse country. Atlanta, LA, NYC, Miami, Chicago, etc. are all completely different from each other and there's even a big difference in two different parts of a city if it's a big one like NYC. As mentioned in my post in the previous page, the part of New York City J.Lo is from (especially back then) is not anything like the rest of NYC or the rest of the country. :rip: 

Also, this is not just an American thing. You'll see this phenomenon in people from other big and/or diverse countries. For an example, Indians always mention their state because it's related to their ethnic group. Someone like Nikki Hayley is not the same as someone like Mindy Kaling.

Finally, Gaga is definitely not trolling. She, Madonna and other Americans with even distant Italian ancestry claim "Italian." Many Irish descendants here do also even if they're only partially Irish.

Edited by Inverted

8 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

But that ain't any promo, we can tell a lot of money has been spent to get some general public attention, but it ended exactly as expected, if not worse.

A performance on SNL and a commercial are definitely promo. And she can spend whatever she wants with her own money. 

6 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

Thank you for the reminder :rip:

I don't get why people mock this clip so much. First of all, it's from her own TV show that she was the executive producer. If she was so ashamed of it, she would have asked them to delete it. It's endearing and impressive that she included when we all know other pop stars would have had it removed on the cutting room floor.

Second, that man in that clip is one of my in-laws. He's an Indo-Guyanese man who does not follow pop culture. He does know who cricket players and Bollywood stars are. Are we going to pretend they're bigger international names than Jennifer Lopez? :rip: 

He spilled :clap3: this hate campaign on social networks is really disturbing, she became an easy target and random people are truly evil to keep spreading misinformation on top of mocking her, really sad. 

Imagine spending so much time hating on someone because it's trendy in order to generate clicks and views, mental illness! Karma will hit hard these people!

• Thanks 2

People see right through J. Lo's phony ''look how POOR I grew up!!" because it reinforces the (false) meritocratic notion that one can just hustle their way out of poverty. This isn't exclusive to J. Lo but if she plays that card y'all shouldn't be surprised or outraged at the backlash. I'm not commenting on the other types of ''hate'' she receives because I'm not on TikTok or Twitter and frankly I could not care less. 

Edited by AMIT
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, AMIT said:

People see right through J. Lo's phony ''look how POOR I grew up!!" because it reinforces the (false) meritocratic notion that one can just hustle their way out of poverty. This isn't exclusive to J. Lo but if she plays that card y'all shouldn't be surprised or outraged at the backlash. I'm not commenting on the other types of ''hate'' she receives because I'm not on TikTok or Twitter and frankly I could not care less. 

So let's get this straight. You're mad at her for hustling non-stop since she was a child to get herself of the ghetto just because you see her huge success as some contradiction of the anti-capitalism spiel that you're trying to push. Embarrassing and self-absorbed. She worked her ass off to get out of Castle Hill and it's disgusting that you're trying to diminish another person's hard work because it doesn't fit your agenda. Maybe it's motivated by the fact that you can't see the success that you dream of inside, but probably won't admit.

Also, as others have mentioned in this thread, J.Lo has never SPOKEN about "how poor she grew up!" and hasn't ever gone into details about what Castle Hill was really like in the 1970s and 1980s (when it was disgusting). Moreover, she's specifically acknowledged that beyond people not actually having opportunities, people don't even get a chance to think about opportunities. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that she herself actively perpetuates the idea that anyone can just do anything if they work hard.

“When I saw some of the ladies there [on Friday], we were all saying how inspiring it is. Some of these women have three children and multiple jobs and they don't know where they'd be without Jennifer's help,” Mims said. 

“I know my grandmother would have loved to have her own shop, she was a seamstress, she made beautiful clothes. My mother was a Tupperware lady, in her own way she was running her own business,” Lopez continued. “If she could've had her own storefront or had enough money to do that, she never even thought that way. She didn't even have the opportunity to think that way.”

Mims said that through Lopez's loan program she's reminded “every day to push forward. I've always been hired and fired my whole life, and I'm so grateful for where I am today.”

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, A.R.L said:

Her label will want her to sell and succeed it's business

Some fail to understand the music industry is a business just like your own job

Edited by Into The Void

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

So let's get this straight. You're mad at her for hustling non-stop since she was a child to get herself of the ghetto just because you see her huge success as some contradiction of the anti-capitalism spiel that you're trying to push. Embarrassing and self-absorbed. She worked her ass off to get out of Castle Hill and it's disgusting that you're trying to diminish another person's hard work because it doesn't fit your agenda. Maybe it's motivated by the fact that you can't see the success that you dream of inside, but probably won't admit.

For someone who recently claimed they don't take pop girls too seriously this type of heated response is... interesting. Keep your assumptions about me to yourself. You know nothing about my life. 

You're mad at her for hustling non-stop since she was a child to get herself of the ghetto

No and if you knew how to read or wasn't arguing in bad faith you could understand what I mean. I said that people see through her fake "I'm from the block!!" not because it's exclusive to her, but because it also reinforces the, again, false notion that people can just hustle their way out of poverty. Such notion has dangerous implications when you consider the inverse: that people are where they are because of both 1) they deserve it; and 2) they haven't ''worked hard enough'' to better their situation.

Capitalism creates wealth AND poverty. They are both sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other. Not everyone can be Jennifer Lopez, or Beyoncé, or Taylor Swift. Not because most people are not as talented, but because the system only allows a few individuals at the top. It is by design. I am not gonna go back and forth on this with you because you will just deny this and continue to believe whatever you want.

If J. Lo herself knows how hard it is... then that works for my point, not against it, lol. It comes accross as tone deaf (at the very least) and she should know better.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, AMIT said:

So y'all despise "nepo babies" but y'all also hate successful artists who come from humble beginnings, make it on their own and aren't ashamed of it? :deadbanana:

Is the new narrative now that we hate J.Lo because her life story somehow promotes capitalist lies, as if 99.99% of american celebrities aren't unabashed capitalists, your faves included? :deadbanana4:

Besides she didn't even say anything about "growing up poor" in that video :rip:

At some point Imma need one of y'all to spill the REAL reason why y'all hate that woman so damn much because none of this **** makes sense

wendy-williams-this-bitch-say-what.gif

Edited by Stankonia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

So y'all despise "nepo babies" but y'all also hate successful artists who come from humble beginnings, make it on their own and aren't ashamed of it? :deadbanana:

Is the new narrative now that we hate J.Lo because her life story somehow promotes capitalist lies, as if 99.99% of american celebrities aren't unabashed capitalists, your faves included? :deadbanana4:

Besides she didn't even say anything about "growing poor" in that video :rip:

At some point Imma need one of y'all to spill the REAL reason why y'all hate that woman so damn much because none of this **** makes any sense

I'm not trying to justify the hate against J. Lo. I mentioned and argued for in the post you quoted where the sorce of the backlash for that part of her documentary might be. You can dismiss what I said if it doesn't fit your narrative I guess. 

I guess people are all just mentally ill for some reason (not that you actually care) and just like to hate on J. Lo and every other celebrity/public figure. Beats me. 

16 hours ago, Jay07 said:

who the **** cares if she's cold or demanding, these cringe fragile tiktok kids that expect popstars to act like their best friends because Olivia Rodrigo or Taylor Swift sell them fake friendship so they will buy variahts would turn to stone with one of Madonna's withering, dismissive looks of contempt. Get out of the house and interact with some real people.

It's your prerogative not to care, but it's a valid reason for others to dislike her for. Just because you don't care about how a celebrity acts or how rude they are to others, doesn't mean other people shouldn't. If people don't want to support someone for having a sh!tty reputation after hearing countless stories about them being unnecessarily rude throughout the years, they shouldn't . Call it fragile or whatever you want, but people have different expectations and standards. You might be okay with Jlo treating you like trash, but others don't. So you can keep supporting her and Madonna and who ever you want, and others can keep calling out her phony attempts at being relatable and humble when she's nothing of the sort.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

she's just another victim of the sheep culture in these comment sections

people keep replying the same thing to get likes and kiis from other losers

jennifer is a talented legend that will stand the test of time and haters can choke

4 hours ago, Marry The Gods said:

My father hasn't lived in the Bronx since the 90s. Is he not allowed to rep where he was raised? He still proudly refers to himself as a "Bronx Italian" and no one is going to stop him from repping his neighborhood just like no one is going to stop J.Lo from repping the bronx. 

Is your dad part of the elite, privileged millionaires living a lavish lifestyle that most people will never be able to experience? Bffr.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.