Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Actually I quite believe in her words, we know she reads a lot. All her books recommendations for Service95 are good

duaexplain.gif?ex=660daebc&is=65fb39bc&h

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

There better be some Massive Attack style trip hop on this album as promised or I will be v upset Miss Lipa

grannylipa.gif?ex=660c68b0&is=65f9f3b0&h

On 3/19/2024 at 6:13 PM, SayIt said:

OMG is that Dua Lipa swimming in a wheel chair? 

Her after the shark got her

2 hours ago, West Coast said:

i'm crying :bibliahh:

I guess it was I cum and I go all along 🫦

Oh I feel like she is taking it with this album. Houdini and TS may not be big hits but they are like red wine and keep only getting better. She can't make a bad song, and everything she does is so tasteful. Radical optimism will cement her as one of the greatest pop stars of our generation.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Oh I feel like she is taking it with this album. Houdini and TS may not be big hits but they are like red wine and keep only getting better. She can't make a bad song, and everything she does is so tasteful. Radical optimism will cement her as one of the greatest pop stars of our generation.

Couldn't agree more! :clap3:

Btw, Houdini is THAT *****. It's on repeat once again. I just wish it could get a second wind in the U.S. and go top 10 on Billboard :dancehall:

• Like 1

I definitely believe in Dua and I couldn't care less about the charts. People really forget that she's in the top 10 most streamed artists??? Like what are we even talking about BUT I need somebody who knows insiders to fill me in on whatever is happening with the music video treatments this era… I expected them to be more… grand??? Like Houdini's mv was cute I love a choreo mv but wtf was training season??? I'm sorry but even the future nostalgia lyric video was better than whatever she presented us with this era? I really hope that if she shot illusion in Barcelona that we're getting something summery to listen/watch to on vacation in Spain though 😚 but yeah can somebody fill me in on this?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

I definitely believe in Dua and I couldn't care less about the charts. People really forget that she's in the top 10 most streamed artists??? Like what are we even talking about BUT I need somebody who knows insiders to fill me in on whatever is happening with the music video treatments this era… I expected them to be more… grand??? Like Houdini's mv was cute I love a choreo mv but wtf was training season??? I'm sorry but even the future nostalgia lyric video was better than whatever she presented us with this era? I really hope that if she shot illusion in Barcelona that we're getting something summery to listen/watch to on vacation in Spain though 😚 but yeah can somebody fill me in on this?

Training season mv was shot a while ago in Paris and it had a BIG budget. When I say big, I mean explosions, car chase (supposedly), etc, but it was scrapped due to the terrorist attacks in France, so they had to shoot a new video for it.

Houdini mv was also shot in a rush because of the Training season cancellation. TS was supposed to be the lead single, but they switched it to Houdini last minute.

switching to HOEdini was the best pop culture decision of all time idc

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Migs said:

Training season mv was shot a while ago in Paris and it had a BIG budget. When I say big, I mean explosions, car chase (supposedly), etc, but it was scrapped due to the terrorist attacks in France, so they had to shoot a new video for it.

Houdini mv was also shot in a rush because of the Training season cancellation. TS was supposed to be the lead single, but they switched it to Houdini last minute.

oh wow, is there any sources that confirm these claims? I've heard a lot of different variations of what might've happened, but that would definitely explain both mvs... So Illusion would then be the first true to form executed mv in this era?

4 minutes ago, lapisnour said:

oh wow, is there any sources that confirm these claims? I've heard a lot of different variations of what might've happened, but that would definitely explain both mvs... So Illusion would then be the first true to form executed mv in this era?

As far as I know, some reliable ATRL insiders confirmed the whole story. And yes, Illusion would be in fact the first music video shot properly and ahead of time, so let's hope it's another Physical or another Break My Heart. :gayalipacat3:

• Thanks 1

Illusion screams gwen to me. (4 in the morning or early winter)

• Like 1

I think she's truly my favorite female pop artist at this point. Rih will always be my all-time #1, but she's basically retired now so there's nothing keeping her at my #1 currently. Ariana was always my #2, and I do love eternal sunshine, but I really haven't been able to follow anything besides this album's run because of how much I'm anticipating it. Houdini and Training Season are on constant repeat for me. I love the cover and the visuals. I love the title and the concept. Her performances this era are beyond stellar and sell IT for me. Future Nostalgia is one of my favorite albums of all time. I love her as a person and the things she stands for. She has it ALL for me and this album is just gonna solidify that :jonnycat:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, West Coast said:

i'm crying :bibliahh:

:bibliahh:

4 hours ago, lapisnour said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/25197233/dua-lipa-music-video-gaza-war/amp/

8 hours ago, hallucinating said:

Illusion screams gwen to me. (4 in the morning or early winter)

Didn't they say there's a song that's her version of Gwen's Cool? Must be Illusion...  :gaycat1:

2 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

Didn't they say there's a song that's her version of Gwen's Cool? Must be Illusion...  :gaycat1:

Isn't We're good already a thematic rip-off of that song

42 minutes ago, theoghon said:

Oh true. Clock that tea.

I'm hoping it's Maria cause I want Illusion to be Houdini on steroids.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theoghon said:

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Oh true. Clock that tea.

I'm hoping it's Maria cause I want Illusion to be Houdini on steroids.

WG is nothing like Cool :deadbanana: she's basically telling someone to f off

And the song is Happy For You, have y'all read the lyrics booklet? It's basically 'you found someone new and I'm genuinely happy for you' just like Cool

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Migs said:

Original Training Season was not shot in Paris and was not scrapped because terrorist attack in France.

It was shot, I don't remember the country exactly, Bulgaria or Croatia and it was scrapped due to Israel/Palestine conficlt

I overheard two girls in gym talking and one asked the another, "why would she call her album Radical Extremism ? "

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mike_int said:

I overheard two girls in gym talking and one asked the another, "why would she call her album Radical Extremism ? "

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Why wouldn't the Autochthonous chanteuse call it that?

:jonny: May still feels far away

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.