• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

whilst I think the album is poor, I hope she smashes. We need her to continue to be a streaming force.

i can't see it happening tho :(

• Like 1

I liked only two songs and non of them are as good as any random song from fn, and fn is not as good album as people claim. Idk.

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Some are saying/comparing this to Katy Perry Witness and Gaga 2013-16. Maybe so but this is actually more like Kelly Clarkson in 2007 w/ My December tbh. Massive, hit packed prior album. Then Kelly wanted more 'artistic, creative control' etc...and DID end up prevailing over her record company esp. Clive Davis the mogul. But ended up w/ a dud result. Only to come back 2 years later w/ My Life Would Suck Without You and All I Ever Wanted (return to form, instant hit, welcomed back by the GP). My December just a blip and quickly forgotten. Bottom line...regardless of how red hot u were/are rarely if ever win against the record biz. machinery. Dua and her DAD Lol maybe got their artistic way but....anyway. 

Edited by jamiko1230

37 minutes ago, sbenci said:

her EU store still hasn't shipped my vinyl variants :weeps: am I the only one?

Mine were shipped on wednesday, or so they say. The status hasn't changed since.

Posted (edited)

omg the overreactions

I am on my third listen and I am enjoying the album - sure she catfished us a little with Houdini and the rest of the singles sound but this is such a fun breezy pop album

it's kinda  giving Loud to Talk That Talk (not success wise tho) = iconic era full of smashes followed by experimental  dance first single and the rest of the album not giving that sound but still having bops

Edited by M!X
  • Like 4

Gays' radical need to compare everything is so annoying. I can kinda understand comparisons to Future Nostalgia, even though those are tired as well, but comparing to Katy's Witness or Gaga's ARTPOP... Are you out of your minds?

• Thanks 4

So how long until the playlist updates with Cold Heart and Dance The Night so there are 4 good songs instead of 2

FhnFloS.gif

• Haha 1

I liked End of An Era and These Walls the most. :coffee2:

Posted (edited)

After a few more listens, i have to agree, most of the songs sound kinda unfinished. And the lyrics are honestly barebones. Hopefully the album's current critical performance is also a lesson for her to focus even more on the music and stop focusing on other endeavours that most of her fans do not care about (podcast, newsletter, Porsche ambassador,…). If she would've been 100% in for RO, it would've dropped way sooner, plus it would've got better reactions. 4 years for this is very underwhelming 

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Like 1

They just put up the vinyl variants with the signed art card - outside of any bundles. 

For anyone who hasn't ordered yet! :gaycatina1:

• Thanks 1

I can't get past End of An Era...it's so good. 

The lack of taste in here :skull:

It's such a good album!

• Like 3

These Walls best track of the album :jonny6:

Posted (edited)

IMG_5570.png?ex=66362f69&is=6634dde9&hm=7f0d4513caeaf4777b5c0c4cae797181a94d140c85e85dd6dcf1028bd8994354&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1524&height=1137JWuY4DK.jpeg

Edited by RIKI232
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well I freaking loved this on first listen

Illusion really does sound so good in the album. Like I almost understand why they would think it's the best song to release

Let me tell what the issue is: Kevin Parker.

All his productions for other people lack momentum or a strong hook, look at his work in the Justice album —truly giving the tame to tame impala. It just doesn't work for the pop girlies, he makes the music sound non-eventful and generic with some flair of the 80's. I can already tell she will go straight back to Jeff Bhasker and Stuart Price who produced FN for DL4 :giraffe:

• Like 5

Falling Forever might be the album highlight, I don't know what else to tell you! 

• Like 1

Waking up and vibing with Falling Forever 

• Like 1

I liked the album, but underwhelming after FN and 3 singles that precedes it.

I remember listening to FN and when I was on track #3 Cool, I felt it had to be next single. But as I kept listening I was like damn Cool had no shot of being next single, every song is a banger in its own right. 

This in comparison, feels like they have already chosen the best as singles. Rest are still but not giving what those 3 singles gave. Falling Free came close.  

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I know that Kevin's production here isn't for everyone, but I get (and LOVE) what he was going for.

It's like I said in the Illusion thread: Dua is one of the remaining few who remembers dance music is also about instrumentation. This album reminds a lot of Jessie Ware's last two albums. Their sounds aren't similar, but both have layered and RICH productions.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

This album reminds a lot of Jessie Ware's last two albums. Their sounds aren't similar, but both have layered and RICH productions.

I agree completely. I immediately picked up on some production elements that reminded me off of That Feels Good and What's Your Pleasure.

• Like 2

End of Era's little spoken word parts sound like Rina's Comme Des Garcons :suburban:

7 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

End of Era's little spoken word parts sound like Rina's Comme Des Garcons :suburban:

It kinda sounds like that part in Miley's River :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.