Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

My god...this is her worst album by far...i'm seriously disappointed with this. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Cain said:

Falling Forever, These Walls and Maria for singles

I am glad you like some songs from the album :party:

Whatcha Doing as a US single and Maria as a European/LA single would be a good combo.

Everybody Is stillllll dancingggggggg

spacer.png

Everybody is holding hands and romaaaaancingggggg 

spacer.png

Someone's gottttaa be the last one standing 

spacer.png

French huh exiiit

• Like 1

Haven't heard the album yet but the mixed reactions here have me worried

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

I don't really understand her comment about Illusion being a turning point for the creation of the album. It sounds like nothing else on there bar Houdini. Honestly, I think i need a sunnier day and to give it a few more listens but there's no clear miss like GIB and BWBB

Didn't she say Illusion was the first song she created for RO. 

12 minutes ago, MaxMartin said:

why is French exit recieving so much hate???? the transition to the chorus may be clunky but the instrumental is FIRE and the hook is really effective

I personally love it, especially the production.

• Like 1

houdini is still my fave

DBSaqca.gif

10 minutes ago, itsjokesta said:

Didn't she say Illusion was the first song she created for RO. 

it's the oldest song that made the cut but she had been recording for almost a year by then :rip:

I see a lot of positive reviews :duca:

That makes me excited! 

I can't wait to listen :jonny:

11 hours 53 mins :jonny:

ALBUM OF THE YEAR: 88 user score (200 reviews)

The negative reviews come from the stans of lady with the mid playlist released 2 weeks ago. it's a win :duck:

• Haha 4

The built up from the singles made sense from going towards the end of the year and beginning of new year into the Spring and approaching Summer seasons. Having said that, all 3 pre-released songs don't really give a good look into the body of the album. The album is playful, grown and confident. It feels like a very rounded album that sums up who she is as a person and as an artist.

Lyrically it feels more personal than what she has released so far.  I don't have a definitive fav yet. all tracks are amazing to me. I am just not 100% convinced by Anything For Love. It feels like what JoJo did with her interludes on Agape but made for a pop record, but since the rest of the record is not continues, this comes out of nowhere and also ends abruptly. It is probably the only thing that has to grow for me.

:jonny: she did it again for me, ugh I am really too biased

On first listen, I'm struggling to find this album's personality. It feels very milquetoast. The singles were definitely misleading. I suppose it's a grower. :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 3

Happy for you is hitting me right in the feels :dancehall3:

Such a terrific pop song, she sounds incredible and the production is as slick and smooth as it can get. Such a beautiful positive song yet it sounds instantly nostalgic and has that sad happy feel. It really moved me. Such a perfect way to close an incredible album. 

She really did that. And Kevin Parker is a genius. 

• Like 1

This is just as cohesive as FN, she said from the start this would be more so lyrically than sonically.

But listening to it from start to finish you can almost sense the rollercoaster of emotions that it is to be in love. It's full of ups and downs and that's reflected on the sounds. I love how contrasting the first and last songs and what they mean in a relationship. 

I love FN and it will always will hold a special place in my heart but I honestly feel like this as whole is a better album. There are no Boys will be Boys or Good in Beds here.

French Exit is my fave song after first listen.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MaxMartin said:

why is French exit recieving so much hate???? the transition to the chorus may be clunky but the instrumental is FIRE and the hook is really effective

Gotta be one of the best produced pop songs I've ever heard. Certainly top 3 best songs Dua has ever made. 

Don't know how they fit all those diverse instruments and made one hell of a Stella song. I wish I can marry the song/production. 

Those strings are so attractive. Didn't know this ***** can pull off this much of pop creativity.

Whoever's ignoring the song or is giving it a low rating should seriously re consider their taste in pop music. This is pop perfection. 

Edited by TouchinFree
  • Like 3

failing forever oh my god my bussy

I like the album so much! Thank god, Miss Peep did it!

• Like 2

These Walls is my fav on first listen. Need to stream a few more times for more thoughts.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

My god...this is her worst album by far...i'm seriously disappointed with this. 

we r disappointed in u too. :gayalipacat3:

• Haha 3

Oh wow Falling Forever :clap3:

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, MaxMartin said:

it stars drums and guitars and is probably THE song that showcases that an actual band is playing the instrumental. that is a crime for the pop stans who demand synths, midi instruments in dance floor anthems.

those with taste will recognize its greatness.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 2

These Walls seems like something the normie GP would eat UP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.