• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

That's was very BEAUTIFUL, very personal and emotional. Definitely my AOTY!

Cried several times, but we are finally here. About to listen to it again for the second time ever!:heart:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, My20sBlues said:

HIT ME HARD AND SOFT AOTY title is safe 

Go to that albums thread. 

• Like 1

Based on initial listen while at work :coffee2:

Falling Forever

Houdini

Anything For Love

Illusion

These Walls

French Exit

Maria

Happy For You

Watcha Doing

Training Season

End of An Era

Also happy for you reminds of the album closer from Tame Impala's last name in the best way possible. I love how it just builds over the length of the song

Just finished my first listen. I like what I heard but I can't help but feel confused. This is not an album Houdini and TS promised. I guess there are some "weird" (I wouldn't call it psychodelic) production elements sprinkled on each song but it's not what I was hoping for. It's giving Kylie's Tension from last year when singles were electropop and house bangers and the rest of the album was boring and overdone at this point 80's synthpop mixed with disco and whatever genre Hands is. Nevertheless, great pop album. Dua just knows how to create good pop songs.

Ranking on my first listen:

1. French Exit (I still can't believe so many people called it a filler. This is a highlight!)

2. Maria

3. End of an Era

4. Watcha Doing (You guys overrated this one a little bit)

5. Falling Forever (Towards the end I found the chorus to be a little annoying but I can see it grow one me. I like the production)

6. Anything for Love (Dua should be put in jail for making this only 2 minutes. It's giving Donna Summer piano intro into dance production but length of the song really hurts this song. The beat towards the end is crazy. I wish we got an extended version, otherwise I'm kinda struggling to see the point of this one cluttering the tracklist. Wasted potential.)

7. Happy for You (It is nice but I did not like it as much as other tracks)

8. These Walls (This one is the only one I don't really like. I don't know what makes me not like this song. Maybe it will grow. I still find it better than the worse songs from FN).

Solid 8/10 for this album so far. I can see this being my most listened album of 2024.

Posted (edited)

Falling Forever sound so much like another song, specially the chorus, that melody. WHAT IS IT??? :deadbanana2: (not the katy song)

Edited by scottstreet

MARIA and FALLING FOREVER best songs on the album besides the singles, BOPS! others are giving DP1 :/

Whatcha doing also knocks

1 minute ago, curiousladybug said:

Go to that albums thread. 

It's not out yet :(

4 minutes ago, My20sBlues said:

HIT ME HARD AND SOFT AOTY title is safe 

Good luck booking that AOTY you speak of

I dont understand why she would make such a mature album at this point in her career. I just cant get into it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Maria is really giving Music by Madonna

• Like 1

i can't wait for tomorrow and the "radical optimism flopped", "what happened to dua?", "CopyPaste Micronesia gave the album a 2/5 review, is it over for her?" threads

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

she made this one for the europeans

scarlet-johansson-dancing.gif

Yeah, she definitely set us up with the whole "psychedelic, tribute to 90s UK rave" thing. The album is literally not giving that vibe at all. Like I can't even hear the influences from those genres honestly. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

Falling Forever sound so much like another song, specially the chorus, that melody. WHAT IS IT??? :deadbanana2: (not the katy song)

OMG IT'S GYPSY BY LADY GAGA!!! Does anyone else hear it too? The "toniiiiiight" from Gaga's chorus and the "how loooong" from Dua's

:jonny:

• Like 2

Am I the only one hearing Balkan influence or am I tripping? The HOOOOW LOOOONG in FF is giving Balkan, right? @RideOrDie

The g*ys hated her for making the same FN sound (according to them) and now they will hate her more for not making an FN 2.0, I can see it

End of an Era is very Jessie Ware

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Endless Summer Vacation title would fit this album really well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just finished my first listen and while I loved the whole thing and every single song (except for Anything For Love), I can't lie that I'm a bit confused...

I know she said the album starts more chaotic and ends calm, but it's literally just Houdini/Training Season and then everything else has a whole different vibe. I'm a huge Houdini/TS stan, so I can't lie that I'm a bit disappointed there aren't more songs like that. I just feel like with how she promoted and described the album, the end result is not what I expected. Plus, I feel like there could've been a better way to sequence the album to sell that vision better. Even just putting EOAE after TS/H would've felt better.

That being said, I do love the vibe of the album and all the songs are strong, as usual with her :jamming: 

Falling Forever is an immediate highlight. Maria is amazing too, though I wish the flute was more prominent throughout - it's the best part of the song. It also sounds like a sample of an old European classic, but I cannot put my finger on what song that flute sounds like. Really enjoyed the vibe of French Exit and Happy For You as well. Don't really get the hype for Whatcha Doing just yet, but it's a nice bop. The only song I didn't like was Anything For Love... I'm sure it will grow on me, but for now it's kinda one of her worst songs ever for me. The spoken into/outro and how short it is... Not into it, but maybe that will change. 

Excited to love it even more with more listens now that I know what to expect, cause she gave us another amazing project :heart2: 

• Like 1

maria is kinda SOTY

• Like 1

Maria has the potential to be the Levitating of this album I'm dead serious 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.