Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Just now, ahauntingnearu said:

This take :skull: (no offense)

I know everyone loves Physical, it's just a little on the nose for me and my standards for Dua are much higher than other artists 

If say, Bebe Rexha had released it, I would be a Rexhar for a couple weeks

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SayIt

• mike_int

• Cain

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

The quality that is being served this era :celestial4:I have so much excitement :alexz3:

5 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The way Physical, for a brief moment in time, turned me off from her cause I could not help but think she was lacking originality and was leaning on formulaic 80s tropes to make her music. :skull: 

It's still not one of my favorites by her, but at least I like it now and she proved me wrong :bird: 

This might the first time I don't agree with you :laugh: Physical, together with album announcement/cover reveal was the moment when I realized it was time to stan

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

This might the first time I don't agree with you :laugh: Physical, together with album announcement/cover reveal was the moment when I realized it was time to stan

I get the hype, it's just that it felt too "expected". Ironically when she released the cover/title, my immediate reaction was "oh she's gonna re-create a bunch of retro hits in her own way" which I wasn't as excited for.

I can't help but compare Dua's Physical to ONJ's Physical (there was obvious inspiration there anyways) and the latter is one of my favorite songs of all time. Physical was set up from my own perspective to always have a tough time impressing me. It didn't help that Blinding Lights was smashing at the time either, and I felt that song did what Physical was trying to do but better. A lot of factors that contributed to it being a 7/10 for me rather than a 10/10.

Edited by Relampago.

Physical and Last Dance are her best songs

Yeah Physical was when everything clicked.

That's when I knew she was onto something incredibly special… I think a lot of people (well… gays) had a similar Dula Peep awakening with this song.

• Like 3

As a stan since pre DL1, Physical was also the moment I realised she was coming for blood that era

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Levitating will always be the song that made me realize how good Dua is. Hadn't heard anything like it before, the pacing through the whole song was perfect, the production was bouncy, her vocals were full of life and personality, it felt like THE perfect pop song. It could be released now, 10 years ago, 20 years from now, anytime and it would still be fresh and new. 

It's not a surprise to me it's her biggest hit. It's easily the best song released this decade. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

I don't get the hate for TS. It's derivative and basic but it's not a bad song at all

Illusion is a grower and i love it now, but i dont like how it's mixed, if that makes sense? Idk i had that same issue with some tracks on Venus by Zara

Yesssss!!!! The mixing or mastering sounds off. Especially during the chorus

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Levitating will always be the song that made me realize how good Dua is. Hadn't heard anything like it before, the pacing through the whole song was perfect, the production was bouncy, her vocals were full of life and personality, it felt like THE perfect pop song. It could be released now, 10 years ago, 20 years from now, anytime and it would still be fresh and new. 

It's not a surprise to me it's her biggest hit. It's easily the best song released this decade. 

Yes sir only the best song of this decade :clap3:

it'll be played @ discos on Mars in 3045

6 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Unfortunately the song's legacy was ruined by that stupid feature. It never needed one to begin with. She's so dumb. 

• Like 1

Just now, Timeless said:

Unfortunately the song's legacy was ruined by that stupid feature. It never needed one to begin with. She's so dumb. 

Unfortunately the song was kinda flopping before D*B*by. And the way she quickly denounced him after his ugly comments basically made the original the more popular version and contributed to his career ending.

In a way, the remix made the original a smash hit while simultaneously stomping out DaLoser so we kinda won-won in the end

• Like 2

It's fun seeing the rankings of other fans. I've been working on my all-time song list, including 16 Dua songs in the mix. The list isn't finished yet, but here's how Dua's songs are faring so far:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Unfortunately the song was kinda flopping before D*B*by. And the way she quickly denounced him after his ugly comments basically made the original the more popular version and contributed to his career ending.

In a way, the remix made the original a smash hit while simultaneously stomping out DaLoser so we kinda won-won in the end

Well the remix version has over 2 billion streams on Spotify and the solo one hasn't even cracked 1 billion yet, so it appears that the original is still not as popular.

It also doesn't help that there isn't a music video of just the solo version. 

Levitating could've been a massive huge hit even just as a solo. She just needed payola!

• Like 1

So which one of these songs do we think would/could pull a Levitating after adding a rent-a-rapper? 

14 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

So which one of these songs do we think would/could pull a Levitating after adding a rent-a-rapper? 

None of the singles imo, we'll see once the album is out but I'm guessing Whatcha Doing

can someone with the CD please cook this bird already

salivating at the thought of a rotisserie chicken

ezgif-5-ac40f35103.thumb.gif.3ae770c1b6c 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

We are getting a new single after the album is released per insiders :jonny:

That means more visuals soon :duca:

I am loving this era :duca:

My first Dua Lipa era :duca:

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Timeless said:

left foot right foot levitating bops tho

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hoeknows said:

Spotify album countdown

where is this

3 minutes ago, torontowest91 said:

where is this

Just go to her insta story

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moonbeam said:

It's fun seeing the rankings of other fans. I've been working on my all-time song list, including 16 Dua songs in the mix. The list isn't finished yet, but here's how Dua's songs are faring so far:

spacer.png

Ok Miss TASTE with CTTU at #4

Physical, DSN, LA, Levitating and Genesis are my top 5, Houdini could very well steal Genesis' spot. Cool also easily in the top 10 

Can't wait to see what RO songs will (hopefully) steal a few spots in the top list of her discog

• Like 1

FN 

1. Don't Start Now - To me this one was instant. Clean production, Super catchy, with an anthemic pre-chorus, a perfect outro. And It sounds big, the closure of her FN concerts for a reason.

2. Pretty Please

3. Levitating 

4. Future Nostalgia

5. That Kind of Woman

6. Cool

7. Love Again

8. Physical 

9. Hallucinate

10. If Ain't Me

11. Break my Heart 

12. Prisoner

Then the rest

2  more days and we will have the album! 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.