The Sheena Ringo Singles Rate [winner revealed]

Suilen

Where are my beautiful Carnation fans with that last minute ballot to change everything

1cefcfefeae85edc5197eb05717ac83d82c765f7.jpg

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• AMIT

• Curaga

• Kyle-x

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Subomie said:

I really am going into this rate not knowing what other fans like and dislike, I mean I thought I might have an idea but madges' throwing shade at Gips earlier in the thread THREW me for a loop. May the best bop win, I suppose.

02828fdf15d8a5ac50b669d62ee57ecf933ec1eb.gif

Imagine shading Gips - well jokes on them when its #1

02828fdf15d8a5ac50b669d62ee57ecf933ec1eb.gif

What was really eye opening about this rate was finding out this wasn't a single. :rip:

Earlier I was about to say that miss Sheena doesn't have her Poppin' but the current bottom song has a lower average than it did in the Utada rate, so oops.

LWQRxFq.gif

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@mathekr @Curaga @gingguu @AMIT @Ewan Chaos @Meloetta Carey @Maresia @Subomie @Antisocialites @madonnas @fauxtography

Thank you for submitting your ballots in time and helping to make this rate happen. Some people have been understandably... skeptical about the rate's viability, and I had my concerns, but yay, it's happening. 

As for what's next... I'm going to start working on the reveals on Wednesday, and we might have our first eliminations (the bottom 4) then. I can't provide a stable schedule as my ability to do the reveals depends on how tired I am after work, but for this week it'll probably look like this: Wednesday (41-44) - Friday (36-40) - Sunday (31-35). I can't say anything about the next week as my schedule will be different and fuller. That also means if someone drops a ballot in my inbox within the next two days, I'll accept it. I'm also eagerly anticipating @Kyle-x's ballot and won't finalize the rankings for now.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all during the reveals, and I hope that we'll have a fun time.

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Suilen said:

next week as my schedule will be different and fuller. That also means if someone drops a ballot in my inbox within the next two days, I'll accept it.

Yaaas let me get to finishing my scores and they'll be with you today :party:

• Like 2

I'll have mine in by tomorrow :bird:

• Like 2

Awaiting

b0d6e450bb85a2ca1b0f0af343c5f5e18744e624.jpg

Thank you for your ballot @confide in me, closing the shop in several hours to start working on the visuals or the rate will serve Beyoncé (in a bad way), so hurry up those who still want to submit.

9524f6415bb602ef17c351a955b3e8de.jpg#9524f6415bb602ef17c351a955b3e8de

• Like 1

I'm so excited omg!!

spacer.png

• Like 1

I've received @Invisibility's ballot and can begin finalizing the results, again, many thanks to everyone who took their time to do this, I'll tag everyone once the first reveals start.

• Like 2

Thank you for this, can't wait

12a63663a58eb3f5e55b65dde581c6d3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, everything is ready on my end, but I don't know what time will be good for everyone, so I'm making it 6 hours from now. 

See y'all in 6 hours then

ce0f4979005c11015e890d8eed2fecf6b28ac9a3

Perched

it's time y'all

8d679776bbb29e19d9bddeff56a42bf8.jpg#8d679776bbb29e19d9bddeff56a42bf8

@mathekr @Kyle-x @Curaga @gingguu @AMIT @Ewan Chaos @Meloetta Carey @Maresia @Subomie @Invisibility @Antisocialites @madonnas @confide in me @fauxtography

Starting the first reveals shortly. I've prepared 5 entries for today but if the ratings are off the charts, I might add another one.

Just now, Suilen said:

@mathekr @Kyle-x @Curaga @gingguu @AMIT @Ewan Chaos @Meloetta Carey @Maresia @Subomie @Invisibility @Antisocialites @madonnas @confide in me @fauxtography

Starting the first reveals shortly. I've prepared 5 entries for today but if the ratings are off the charts, I might add another one.

JUSTICE FOR MORUNOUCHI SADISTIC :khalyan2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

we need a new page for the reveal I fear

f6e22550-bcc7-4dfe-a66c-d4747694d8a5.gif 

Kono Yo no Kagiri / この世の限り

kono-yo-no-kagiri.png

Score: 4,14 Album: Heisei Fuuzoku

Big Sheensters: confide in me (9)

Little NishiNOsters: Curaga, Invisibility (0), madonnas, fauxtography (1)

The first single to leave us is Sheena's nepotism anthem that features her brother, Junpei. Apparently, he also sings or something, though only one of his albums ever charted at no. 45, and two of his singles charted in the top 50, one of them due to being a dorama tie-in. So, his sister gave him the first and the last top 10, how generous of her. The song's title can be translated as both 'The Limit of the World' and 'The End of One's Life' because Sheena loves her ambiguity, though considering the lyrics, I'd say the latter is more apt. We also have the 'official' localization of the title as 'Memory', but I'm not feeling that one, like the majority of her localized titles. To justify her brother's inclusion, Sheena said that the song is about familial love, so if we take that into consideration, then it could be about spending the last days on Earth with your family (think Lars von Trier's Melancholy). A very poignant message, which didn't resonate much with the users, either due to the lacking quality or them being unable to relate, and I'll leave it you to figure out why. My personal verdict is that not everybody can be Aly & AJ.

In a hilarious display of barking at the wrong tree, Subomie assumes that Curaga will be willing to perform this song as a duet with him 'as part of a slapstick musical number on finale night' and implores us to get the tickets. Meanwhile, all Curaga wants is to get the hell out of here and refers to the song as 'so corny 😬💀.' I hope that their relationship will survive this mishap. The biggest fan AMIT says that while 'the chorus isn't terrible, the traditional style isn't for him.’ I suppose that's how he felt when GaGa released Cheek to Cheek, too. Meloetta Carey provides some positivity: 'this is super fun.’

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I knew it was gonna be a Saito N/Ako sing out first ki

TXaWN5v.thumb.gif.fae143e9123ac3febbdd33

I'm not going anywhere near that song! Sorry, @Subomie!

5b00041d633e1e5ab80f57b65bdb0e602d26f767

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Curaga said:

I'm not going anywhere near that song! Sorry, @Subomie!

5b00041d633e1e5ab80f57b65bdb0e602d26f767

it seems things started out on the right foot! let's see if we can keep it up!

rainhaag-queen.gif

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.