The Sheena Ringo Singles Rate [winner revealed]

Suilen

On 3/30/2024 at 2:59 AM, Suilen said:

@fauxtography @Invisibility @Antisocialites @madonnas @Subomie @skankle

A weekend left to work on your ballots. If you still want to participate but feel like you need more time than that, then let me know, I'll consider an extension.

908e85aba2456a26d03d6d411bd707a0361a3e60

I kind of forgot about this because of Mother Yoncé, I'll send my ballot later today.

ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67

OT: Sunny is actually a great album albeit the n*zi connotations and messy tracklist order.

• Like 2

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• AMIT

• Curaga

• Kyle-x

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Subomie said:

and HOW am I meant to not give all 10s to the first three albums their songs?

:clack:

I suppose certain songs could use some help.

I usually tend to ignore b-sides and compilations singles (and promo singles outside of album circles) but wow this b*tch really serves with every single thing :jonny5: (except some ballads and when she collaborates with men :fan:

• Like 3

The Sanmon Gossip songs are quite good actually. Now why did this record only get two singles while Sunny got like 14...

why am i just seeing this now

Gips best song of all time btw

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Subomie said:

The Sanmon Gossip songs are quite good actually. Now why did this record only get two singles while Sunny got like 14...

Ariamaru Tomi is basically a Salmon Gossip single in all but name, and even the single cover is from the album's photoshoot. They say the album was already finished when she recorded the song, but nothing was stopping her from including it there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Subomie said:

I like Sanmon Gossip a lot tbh. I think Sunny is her only album that is lower quality, but lower quality for her — it's not a bad album! 

:khalyan:

I haven't listened to it all the way through in years, but I remember liking JL005, and I think NIPPON is kinda fun. I have to be in the mood for Carnation, but that one rose on my ballot the more I listened to it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Ariamaru Tomi is basically a Salmon Gossip single in all but name, and even the single cover is from the album's photoshoot. They say the album was already finished when she recorded the song, but nothing was stopping her from including it there.

#JustArtistéThings I suppose.

908e85aba2456a26d03d6d411bd707a0361a3e60

4 minutes ago, Curaga said:

I like Sanmon Gossip a lot tbh. I think Sunny is her only album that is lower quality, but lower quality for her — it's not a bad album! 

I haven't listened to it all the way through in years, but I remember liking JL005, and I think NIPPON is kinda fun. I have to be in the mood for Carnation, but that one rose on my ballot the more I listened to it.

I'm scared to know what your original score for that one was but I appreciate all semblance of support for that artistic statement of a song.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Suilen said:

I'm scared to know what your original score for that one was but I appreciate all semblance of support for that artistic statement of a song.

Luckily I don't remember

02828fdf15d8a5ac50b669d62ee57ecf933ec1eb

• Haha 1

Would be cute if the current bottom two songs remained there with all the upcoming ballots because they make for a nice ~narrative~ and double elimination but who knows what could happen at this rate, even her reviled songs have fans.

Oooh, a double sashay? 

I have a feeling my 11 and one of my 10s were controversial, but I guess we'll see! 

I really am going into this rate not knowing what other fans like and dislike, I mean I thought I might have an idea but madges' throwing shade at Gips earlier in the thread THREW me for a loop. May the best bop win, I suppose.

02828fdf15d8a5ac50b669d62ee57ecf933ec1eb.gif

• Like 1

No verão, as noites...

confused.gif

16 minutes ago, Subomie said:

No verão, as noites...

confused.gif

Is that a chop or a gag?

:bunny:

Just now, Suilen said:

Is that a chop or a gag?

:bunny:

Is she brilliant or is she awful? :foxaylove3:

Find out when my scores come in the next hr xx :heart:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Subomie said:

No verão, as noites...

confused.gif

I have faith you know what score it deserves 

7f3cbe75d882e3a26eea84d3dc529e9e6e3e3af7

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 2:17 AM, Suilen said:

This fucken bopppp :jonny:

Had to retroactively deduct points from the Ringo cover just cus it isn't this. :intoit:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Subomie said:

This fucken bopppp :jonny:

Had to retroactively deduct points from the Ringo cover just cus it isn't this. :intoit:

At least someone listened to the originals, I'm not sure if even the biggest fan did, though I remember subjecting him and other poor souls to a miss Kuriyama song for an anime rate.

• Like 1

Finally sent. I'm excited for the rate, and I'm even more excited for the draggings of the bad taste!

• Like 1

A bit shocked by the order of the Sandokushi singles, definitely didn't expect that. We might need a Private Show-like copypasta here!

Maybe the visuals made people biased? 
aramajapan.com-shiina-ringo-cover.jpg

Despite how campy this album cover is, it's a serve :gaycat5:

500x500.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hoping to see more ballots until the end of the day according to the LA time or something. If you personally need more time to finish this, then let me know. I'm not going to say no to a late submission.

6 hours ago, Curaga said:

500x500.jpg

camp, sweetie

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Curaga said:

500x500.jpg

I used to think this but then the album cover shot got me eliminated from an ATRL photo game tournament

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.