J.Lo : "This Is Me...Now is my final album, it's the end of an era for me."

Yudelkis

Just now, Funnyfatty said:

I’m a lamb since Caution. It’s not going to make me HATE other artists. 

Honestly, if you check every thread about J.Lo, there is a Mariah fan hating. So explain why you are not like the others ? :bird:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yudelkis

• Jeneration

• Inverted

• Espresso

Just now, Yudelkis said:

Honestly, if you check every thread about J.Lo, there is a Mariah fan hating. So explain why you are not like the others ? :bird:

Because i love Mariah a lot and her music is legendary but that is not going to change my heart? Where do you get the idea from that we all have to hate someone? You can also see in every xtina thread a britney stan hating or in every lady gaga thread a beyonce fan hating

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

Because i love Mariah a lot and her music is legendary but that is not going to change my heart? Where do you get the idea from that we all have to hate someone? You can also see in every xtina thread a britney stan hating or in every lady gaga thread a beyonce fan hating

Well, I'm happy (and surprised) to read a Lamb like you. :heart2:

It's nothing new for the fact that Lambs don't like J.Lo...it's been 84 years.

I honestly don't think JLO has ever made an album without the desire for commercial success being the priority. 

Almost every other popstar at the very least tries has one era where commercial success wasn't the main goal but they went for artistic fulfillment, nothing about Jennifer's music feels like that. She just always felt more artistically driven in her movie choices

2 minutes ago, Titanbaddie said:

I honestly don't think JLO has ever made an album without the desire for commercial success being the priority. 

Albumism_JenniferLopez_ComoAmoUnaMujer_M

Well, she waited 10 years to make an album, so not surprised. But I'm sure she will release singles in the future.

4 hours ago, Titanbaddie said:

Almost every other popstar at the very least tries has one era where commercial success wasn't the main goal but they went for artistic fulfillment, nothing about Jennifer's music feels like that. She just always felt more artistically driven in her movie choices

from her new interview ;

I didn't want it to sound like everything that's out there, current, etc. I knew that making something beautiful makes it current. Those fears left me a long time ago. I don't think about that when I'm making music."

I'm Kind of sad but who knows If she won't Release Something in a Few years. 

We'll see her again in 2026-2028.

Edited by Pillz
  • Like 1

Not people interpreting “last album” as retiring from music :rip:

She’ll probably continue releasing droplets and singles like she had been doing for the past 10 years. 

She’s not an album artist anyway, so any album she does is probably largely self funded like it seems This is Me Now was

I am excited to experience this final chapter in her music career by streaming like cray tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, Junho_lover said:

I am excited to experience this final chapter in her music career by streaming like cray tomorrow! 

MTE :-*

• Like 1

Then I expect a massive serve with this album

Wah, it is gonna be midnight in the country I live in , but I gotta wait -_- 

3 hours ago, HardBambi said:

Then I expect a massive serve with this album

Tour, visual album/film, documentary, Apple Music concert on streaming. High budget videos. And the album is great. It’s a serve ma’m, they just picked the wrong singles :WAP:

Now that I did saw the movie, I want This Is Me...After:bird: @Dabbyy @Ramooon

• Like 1

I'm lamb, and I'm really rooting for this new JLO project, I loved Can't Get Enough the album must be great, you can tell that JLO put a lot of effort into this new project, and she deserves to reap good results, avoiding good vibrations :heart:

I think Jen just knows that she doesn't have the demand for a album these days, hence the 10 year wait, And I think that's why she's gone Full out with the Album and she's touring with it! I mean if she's gonna go out she's gonna go out with a bang! And I think because she's got this album roll out to support, plus the new music film, and the upcoming Amazon prime Special, The live album performance on Apple, and the World tour and residency, this is gonna be on going for the next 1-2 years! I think she wants to finally slow down! I doubt she's gonna tour again after this! 

I love how much she's giving us this era could any fan ask for more!

I'm cool with this been her last album she's been doing this for 25 years! Her hit making days are way behind her, and I guess she's got nothing else left to say!

Shame we never got that Full dance album, I think she should at least give us lol 

she will continue to release stand alone singles & do features though!

Also she has so many more projects coming up including several Films and a musical, her next few years are gonna be crazy! 

Her work ethic is remarkable its seriously impressive! 

Also love or hate this women she needs to be given her props for the way she has carried her self and image, she's never in her career entertained any feuds or talk **** about her peers or anyone that's spoke horribly about her she's kept her dignity and showed nothing but love and respect to all her peers, this women has kept herself out of all the toxic and hate she seems to of attracted and she's never entertained it, she's managed to ignore it and continue doing what she's doing although she's admitted it does hurt her! But she's kept on going! Not many people in the public who have a massive amount of toxicity following them can remain so graceful and ignore it like it's nonexistent like she has! 

But anyways I'm happy we getting so much from her with this album 

Edited by DanceAgain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Poncho Barlliams said:

I'm lamb, and I'm really rooting for this new JLO project, I loved Can't Get Enough the album must be great, you can tell that JLO put a lot of effort into this new project, and she deserves to reap good results, avoiding good vibrations :heart:

dj-khaled-another-one.gif

@suburbannature

I'm so glad to read that not all the lambs hate Jenny !

I Hope that you are going to like the movie, cause it was so amazing. Can't wait to read your review @Poncho Barlliams ! :date2:

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 10:40 PM, prettyinpink940 said:

well-hello.gif

Mess :ahh:

On 2/11/2024 at 10:01 PM, Espresso said:

For better or worse, she defined the Murder Inc. era that had a stranglehold on music in the early 2000’s, to a slightly lesser extent the TRL latino boom.

Whether she deserved that out of talent as opposed to working a huge machine including Ashanti that with the help of Tommy Mottola steamrolled quite a few people including Mariah, various fan bases will never agree on. Not to mention the infamous Billboard policy change.

From a branding standpoint, this makes sense. More than enough for her to continue branching out to outside of her previous ventures.

Just from the perspective of not resting on her laurels to keep fighting in multiple arenas, even if some of it’s cringe-worthy, I applaud her. I’d say good luck but she doesn’t need it.

What are U talking about sis? Where did U get this fan fiction from? 🙃

I think Ashanti is who U meant to say!  Ashanti & Ja Rule was leading murder INC. JLO wasn't even on Murder INC & only had 2 songs with Ja Rule which she barely even sung on. 😅

U guys love giving credit to The White girls 🙄🙄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, TheBlackBarbie said:

What are U talking about sis? Where did U get this fan fiction from? 🙃

I think Ashanti is who U meant to say!  Ashanti & Ja Rule was leading murder INC. JLO wasn't even on Murder INC & only had 2 songs with Ja Rule which she barely even sung on. 😅

U guys love giving credit to The White girls 🙄🙄

I’m well aware of all the facts you stated prior to the white girl comment. You could argue Ashanti’s tracks were bigger at the time and still have more staying power.

My argument is J.Lo was picked as the lead by racist execs on songs today associated with Murder Inc. Even a couple more songs from that era with similar sounds from her that weren’t with Murder Inc that are associated with that era.

If you were to breakdown demographic impressions outside hip-hop (regardless of ongoing song stats), J.Lo is perceived (wrongfully) as leading that sound of the era and being the face of it. That’s my point.

@Ryan Is it still possible to have J.Lo en the ATRL official banner ? :dancehall:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.