J.Lo : "This Is Me...Now is my final album, it's the end of an era for me."

Yudelkis

I don’t get the bullying here?? If she isn’t a great singer, well Taylor and Billie and Lana also don’t have great voices. Especially Lana. 

Jlo is very professional when it comes to her work. She is one of the few who can really deliver an era and i love and respect her for that. She is still a fantastic dancer and a performer. 

as a Mariah stan myself i kind of irritated at her contant bullying. She is a legend and Jlo never says anything bad about her. Kind of enough. I feel the reason why jlo is hated so much today is Mariah. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yudelkis

• Jeneration

• Espresso

• SchmoodRing

JLO brand of celebrity simply doesn’t exist anymore. 

She’s a relic,who encapsulates the best of pop culture circa 98-06. Beforeth3 the masses knew what was behind the curtain. 

Before social media leveled accessibility and musicianship. 

Today, JLO is just famous for being famous.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

2 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

as a Mariah stan myself i kind of irritated at her contant bullying. She is a legend and Jlo never says anything bad about her. Kind of enough. I feel the reason why jlo is hated so much today is Mariah. 

I don’t stan either and Mariah may be petty but this revisionist history is really rich.

J.Lo didn’t have to say anything bad about her - Tommy Mottola did the sabotaging on her behalf and with her consent. It was implied. And she’s never addressed it publicly.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

@suburbannature Thoughts ? 

1 hour ago, Yudelkis said:

@suburbannature Thoughts ? 

That person isn’t a real Mariah stan :rip: 

Mariah hasn’t even mentioned that woman in 7-8 years 

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Ok thanks, I knew u will check if he was really a Mariah stan, because I never read a Mariah fan thinking like this. 

2 hours ago, TheBlackBarbie said:

JLO brand of celebrity simply doesn’t exist anymore. 

She’s a relic,who encapsulates the best of pop culture circa 98-06. Beforeth3 the masses knew what was behind the curtain. 

Before social media leveled accessibility and musicianship. 

Today, JLO is just famous for being famous.

I really dont what to spoil it for you but, 

"The 5 most-watched NETFLIX movies globally are:

The Mother (249,900,000 hours viewed)
Luther: The Fallen Sun (209,700,000 hours)
Extraction 2 (201,800,000 hours)
You People (181,800,000 hours)
Murder Mystery 2 (173,600,000 hours)"

Could just a famous lady have a #1 Netflix movie? 

Call the rest famous girls who they could never... :gaycat2:

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Espresso said:

I don’t stan either and Mariah may be petty but this revisionist history is really rich.

J.Lo didn’t have to say anything bad about her - Tommy Mottola did the sabotaging on her behalf and with her consent. It was implied. And she’s never addressed it publicly.

What do you mean by "with her consent"? Jennifer Lopez is not a label head, A&R manager or a producer. She did not make creative decisions and didn't even select songs, which is confirmed by Cory Rooney who produced all of her early albums. She was a completely manufactured pop star recruited to capitalize on the Latin trend that Ricky Martin popularized. Your assertion that she was part of the actual decision making and song selection is actual "revisionist history" and is odd considering that most people agree that J.Lo is the dictionary definition of "industry plant" and "manufactured."

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Jeneration said:

I really dont what to spoil it for you but, 

"The 5 most-watched NETFLIX movies globally are:

The Mother (249,900,000 hours viewed)
Luther: The Fallen Sun (209,700,000 hours)
Extraction 2 (201,800,000 hours)
You People (181,800,000 hours)
Murder Mystery 2 (173,600,000 hours)"

Could just a famous lady have a #1 Netflix movie? 

Call the rest famous girls who they could never... :gaycat2:

I'm referring to music, try to keep up now. 😭

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

What do you mean by "with her consent"? Jennifer Lopez is not a label head, A&R manager or a producer. She did not make creative decisions and didn't even select songs, which is confirmed by Cory Rooney who produced all of her early albums. She was a completely manufactured pop star recruited to capitalize on the Latin trend that Ricky Martin popularized. Your assertion that she was part of the actual decision making and song selection is actual "revisionist history" and is odd considering that most people agree that J.Lo is the dictionary definition of "industry plant" and "manufactured."

So in that sense, she gets to absolve herself of everything that went on above her? I mean, fine, I guess, but seems at odds with her fanbase hellbent on suggesting she had say with every decision made in her career, even if to project the illusion she created everything herself.

The original post implied Mariah bullied J.Lo. That J.Lo gets to wipe her hands clean of everything her A&R and the label did and never address any of it, even though she directly benefitted from it, is bull****. 

On 2/11/2024 at 9:46 PM, Strawberry Bubble said:

Not surprising at all, those numbers were TRAGIC, to say the least. 

The day that Taylor experiences a decline will humble you

On 2/11/2024 at 9:53 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

We need a spanish album

Yeah theirs actually a couple of album concepts that she has yet to explore. For example a proper uptempo Spanish album. A sequel to ON THE 6 which she could refer to as BLOCK PARTY and JWORLD which could be her exploring different sounds. 

On 2/11/2024 at 10:38 PM, MusicIsMyMaster said:

Stop being mean it ain’t cute on you 

Like it's so weird why are people celebrating this 🙄 like if you're not a fan this shouldn't matter to you. But as a fan I'll miss her and her music if this album really is her Swan song. 

On 2/11/2024 at 10:40 PM, CristianGarcia said:

Well she’s done all she can do with her music career. She’s gone to the Super Bowl. She’s never going to win a Grammy… So what’s left? 

Her last album came out 10 years ago so to wait til she’s in her 60’s for her next one just doesn’t seem purposeful 

Just devote more time into being an actress people are still checking for that at least… 

Your opinion is not something you can be so certain about. She still is going to be very much active in all aspects of her career. Theirs alot left for her to say, do and prove and as long as she feels that way she will keep it pushing 

1 hour ago, TheBlackBarbie said:

I'm referring to music, try to keep up now. 😭

so your post doesn't make any sense, erase it

25 minutes ago, Espresso said:

So in that sense, she gets to absolve herself of everything that went on above her? I mean, fine, I guess, but seems at odds with her fanbase hellbent on suggesting she had say with every decision made in her career, even if to project the illusion she created everything herself.

The original post implied Mariah bullied J.Lo. That J.Lo gets to wipe her hands clean of everything her A&R and the label did and never address any of it, even though she directly benefitted from it, is bull****. 

First, the bolded part of your response is definitely not true. I'm not sure where you even get that from. I have never seen any of the Jennifer Lopez stans (or fans) on here or on Twitter who have actually said or even believed she's the creative force behind her music career, especially not the earlier part of her career where she has zero songwriting or production credits. Could you please point me to this posts where they've claimed this? And if they're referring to her latest projects, yes, that's more likely since she does contribute (for better or worse).

As for the rest of your post, to "absolve herself of" or "wipe her hands clean" makes it seems as if she actively did something to harm another. Let's not pretend that every major label artist hasn't been the beneficiary of a label's dirty work stepping over the "little people." There's a reason why Mariah's early career is full of plagiarism lawsuits. The label did NOT bother crediting people for their contributions. Do you blame Mariah for that? I don't. It would very odd to try put the moral responsibility on the artist instead of the business. Going by that logic, a celebrity or model who's paid to endorse a product should be completely associated with the questionable ethics of that company. That's like every western celebrity and company then. Why stop there? Every consumer then.

The one part of your post I agree with is the one pointing out that it's never been addressed because if I were in her position, I probably would. But that's her prerogative. Some people don't know how to confront issues or maybe she's scared to address it because the topic always unleashes fury in a certain fanbase and others revel in the topic.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2024 at 11:04 PM, AvadaKedavra said:

One thing i hate about artists failing-flopping in the charts is how their careers could be over.
No one will fund their albums, So no more music from them. No videos and stuff. Is sad lol
This is why charts are important. If artists thrive we will get more albums-videos-tours.

Thanks god we have AI now. So, artists who are retired we can still have some new songs from them there and there.:gaycat4:
I dont like the idea of not havin music new music from faves again. Theyre pivotal to me. 

Why think like this? Do you not realize how counter productive it is to the point that you're trying to make? Everything doesn't need to be about the charts. It's the quality of the output that needs to consistent and matter. Stats aren't that important. Someone like her can easily fund it herself, make bank on your or going to festivals. She's not struggling just because she's not in the top 10 on billboard or mainstream radio. Jlo isn't broke nor is she doing this for numbers only. This is her purpose to be a performer and an entertainer. Why knock her for it? If your faves are so pivotal for you you'd continue to support them in their actual mediums instead of creepily settling for ai which in my opinion is completely tarnishing and exploiting artists and messing alot of things up for mutkuple industries as a whole. 

On 2/11/2024 at 11:09 PM, Elusive Chanteuse said:

She hasn't been successful with music in years and doesn't really need it so I think this is genuine.

She's better at acting anyways (marginally).

She can always do musicals or features and collaborations here and there. I refuse to believe that this is the end. She needs to turn Bye Bye Birdie into a musical movie asap.

On 2/11/2024 at 11:16 PM, Onyxmage said:

She one of the most successful Latina artists of all times. She should be proud of her career. :clap3: 

Still fuming at how we don't have an official and proper collaboration between her and Shakira 

On 2/11/2024 at 11:19 PM, shinyshimmery said:

it’s giving “un renewed contract” 

It's not giving any of that sort. Ya are being super weird about this. She signed with a BMH a small independent label that's handled other iconic artists like Kylie Minogue for example who's still going. Would it kill you guys to show some grace and be respectful?

On 2/11/2024 at 11:28 PM, Facelessboy said:

She should have released this after her Super Bowl performance. The way she wasted all the hype now she’s competing against Bey, Justin, Ariana & Taylor.

Sorry babe maybe next time :celestial2:

Are you dense? Their was never an album ready or prepared by the time of the suoerbowl. Especially with the pandemic and then arodgate and her multiple projects going on the most we heard or got were a few more droplets and rumors of a spanglish project that never materialized. She's not competing with any of those people. They're all doing their doing as she is doing theirs. Gay pop stans are the literal worst I swear to God

On 2/12/2024 at 10:12 AM, livelikemusic said:

OH NO! I hope it isn't her final album; I need more from her, but if this is the end then... damn! What a powerful way to go out!

Musicals could easily be her alternative that way she can still be on musical radars and combine it with acting and get those accolades 

On 2/12/2024 at 10:45 AM, easy HME said:

Well no one is here for her new music aside from her 3 stans 🤷‍♂️

Why are you here if you don't like her? I don't get it. Like what do you get out of it? 

On 2/12/2024 at 11:30 AM, Dabbyy said:

Queen released last album 10 years ago .. so it's obvious she's not gonna drop a new one anytime soon.

but it's not retirement you *****.es!

stay mad !

I mean it's sort of her fault. She has shelved 3 albums in between no and then for some reason. JWORLD, POR PRIMERA VEZ and a Spanglish project. 

On 2/12/2024 at 11:33 AM, Terylee said:

That's how she is feeling right now. Could be different in one year. I say she will release another one, but it will take time.

I think because of how much she put into this one in terms of being independent, funding it herself, visual movie, she's really putting herself out there in a way that she hasn't in a really long time because this is an actual body of work from her this time around and she's probably scared that if this is her best where does she go from there. Like Rihanna with Anti. I say I'll respect it and she's more than welcome to come back when she is inspired and her heart is in it that's when a true artists delivers their best work anyways. 

On 2/12/2024 at 11:37 AM, Dabbyy said:

her next movie is a musical .... you will have entire soundtrack lol

Which is? 

On 2/12/2024 at 11:36 AM, Yudelkis said:

I don't think so, she seems realistic and she got many movies projets to focus on.

I want to see her do it all. I truly love her. 

On 2/12/2024 at 11:41 AM, Yudelkis said:

Kiss Of The Spider Woman ? Nothing has been confirmed that she will sing, nothing has been confirmed about an OST and how many titles she will record. 

And again we are far away from a Pop Star career (Albums, Music Video, Singles, Performance). 

She's been a popstar for about 3 decades what do you mean by your last statement? 

On 2/12/2024 at 11:41 AM, Saint James said:

i mean we know JLo is business first and music is not that viable anymore. a spanish collab album would be cute or EP like Selena did. but her english music has been pretty bad for a long time now. she can still tour and continue her legacy.

She can easily make money of touring. If Madonna, Cher and Kylie can still finds success at their point of their lives age and careers then so can JLo

On 2/12/2024 at 11:57 AM, Soda Pop Queen said:

I mean, she stayed in music far longer than anyone initially thought she would or had any business doing tbh. Save for a few singles, it's been increasingly diminishing returns for her for close to 20 years now. I would've hung it up ages ago and put all my energy into acting/directing. 

Which is how you know she's in it because this is what she loves to do. Look at how everyone is reacting to this news. It's rude and I wouldn't be surprised if unfortunately overtime all the criticism and scrutiny has made her insecure or affected her in someway shape or form 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

I think u missundertood my points king. I will always support Jlo with all her projects. Film-TV. Everything. From here to forever darling. Im not dropping her
I actually find impressive she's giving this amazing album as her last record. Thats so beautiful. Wish my queen Shakira were this invested :gaycat6:
It would be a dream if jlo keeps releasing albums with her own money but looks like she will not. Dont blame her. Funding an album is very expensive.
Now thats my point. Is hard for me to not have new content of a Singer. Its hard for me to grasp of how some things come to and end :emofish:
This news of Selena and Jlo retiring. Im not takin them in a good way. :emofish:

So, every leak or b-sides or multitracks or ai song or collab in the future. All of them are gold to me
Im one of those who really enjoy her music. I even liked AKA
Same with old media. So many people drop franchises with time and forget about them
I dont. I like things to live forever and pass generations. I still follow yugioh. Im still waiting for harry potter content :giraffe:

For example. So many want the Jurassic world franchise to die. I dont. I want it to live forever and have more movies :angry:

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 12:37 PM, TROPICUM said:

thank GOD!

summer discussion GIF

Not you using a Wendy Williams gif to throw shade thinking you did something. Worry about Wendy! 

On 2/12/2024 at 1:32 PM, campelo said:

She should find a branch in Latin music and be successful 

We've been dying for her to have a spanish album follow up for a minute now 

On 2/12/2024 at 1:45 PM, Jay07 said:

Guys she's not dead, chill. She's had a 25 year career in music and her last album was 10 years ago, the writing was on the wall. Her legacy, especially from the early 00s and her On the Floor comeback is set in stone and I'm sure she will continue releasing the occasional droplet here and there, not to mention keep performing and doing tours/residencies. She's a music icon, like it or not. 

The writing is on the wall? It's clear that for some time now because of her love for music and entertainer and being a performer she was continuing to be a popstar based on that. But she wasn't inspired. She would be sent stuff. Record it. Film and promote. Whether it was a hit or not onto the next. It's been like this for a decade now. Theirs a reason why she's not signed to a major label. The label politics and systems in play do not make it fair for female popstars once they deem them "past their prime" which is usually almost always based on misogyny, ageism and sexism. You see it on this damn website all the time like ugh omfg she's pregnant 😑 oh great she's married 🙄 oh she needs to hurry up because once she's 30, she's not young anymore, she's too old for this and that like enough is enough. It's also all the more reason and even important for her to keep doing what she does. It makes a difference and it's honestly necessary. We as a culture and a society need to stop putting expiration on popstars especially females just because it's not fair, it's not right and it's based and rooted on outdated views. Whether they're younger, older, married or not, with kids or not it shouldn't matter. If these women really are your "faves" your standards and expectations should be as long as you're satisfied and they're satisfied then all parties should be happy. **** radio because we all know it's rigged and bullshit. The same artists the same songs in rotations. Same for streaming with these curated ass playlists. JLo is accomplished and established and still in many different ways popular and successful. Let's be transparent with On The Floor, Dance Again, Booty, Ain't Your Mama still being hits given what people deem her circumstances aka her age, status, relevance it's more than likely that label heads were like you need to play the game and since you are getting hits we need more or else. That could explain why we've had 3 albums scrapped without explanation or reason. But guess what? She still kept it pushing and has always in a multitude of ways and even at the same time managed to not just feed us but have us be stuff which is why she has fans still around and why the hate campaign against has honestly become so blown out of proportion. 

On 2/12/2024 at 2:00 PM, toxicgenie said:

I'm okay with her focusing on her movie career. She has the potential to get the oscar one day imo. And I'm positive she will still tour and maybe release EPs and droplets for fans but without the industry pressure.

I'd rather an album when she is ready inspired or at least is a fan of the material and is given proper quality ones with worthwhile writers, producers and collaborators and not scraps or obvious attempts to jump on trends and compete with the new girls which she doesn't have to nor is it even worth comparing.

On 2/12/2024 at 3:01 PM, Pheromosa said:

coming out of decade long coma to defend JLO, the dedication :lmao:

Consistently popping up to shade her is the crime not being a fan that's more present in their real life than being a stan. Priorities 

On 2/12/2024 at 5:55 PM, Cap87 said:

You're proving my point. If you're not a fan then why care at this point. We know the reality at this point. She is so proud of this album. How can you not support it? I get it if it's not your cup of tea then that's one thing and that sucks. But to be like oh why is she not charting or this andnthe other when she is literally just doing because this is what she loves to do and considers her purpose but yeah wanna smear and discredit is not something I'm not gonna tolerate. If this really is how she's gonna leave things as a popstar theirs no reason why it shouldn't be with grace without you haters coming out of nowhere feeling like it's OK to kick the door behind her on her way out.

On 2/12/2024 at 6:22 PM, Bloodflowers. said:

Nooooo :weeps:

Hopefully this album smashes so she can do more albums

Honestly she needs to be inspired. While a hit song would be great at the point that she seems to be in her life right now she wants to make everything count and mean something which I respect. She should be doing it at this point because she wants not because she has to.

21 hours ago, Spicy_TyTy said:

She's killing it acting wise and this is where she'll see most of her return as unless you are Taylor, it's hard for acts to make money from music the traditional way anymore. 

Which is why she tours, promotes, self funds etc lol

12 hours ago, Musicmajor said:

Can you really blame her for feeling this way? There is a major budget and effort this era with the material and visuals. For people to not even pay any mind to it really, must feel terrible. Not only for her but the machine behind her who will lose money most likely. I hope she is able to pull some numbers and maybe get a second wind into the era when the visuals drop on prime.

Bruh no one is loosing money. She self funded and isn't broke. Y'all are the ones having this woe is me narrative with her and this current era just because it's not resulting in mainstream success as if that dictates and validates anything. If the album is good, fans like it, especially critics that'll make her and us more than happy. The last thing I want is for Jennifer to become a "pick me" pop girl just cause ya want her to be on the radio, charts, playlists etc. 

12 hours ago, Ramooon said:

As a die-hard JLo fan I can say that she only meant that "there won't be an album like this one" 

She'll release singles, perform, tour etc, but unless she is inspired again (like this album) she just doesnt think there'll be "another" album.

She'll def. keep releasing music / perform 

Exactly 💯 why are people not getting this? Common sense really isn't that common huh comprehension has gone out the windows it seems

• Like 1

Sorry yall this is really tough so many popstars that I grew up with and shaped who I am as a person taking a backseat in some way shape or form and people rejoicing in that is really getting under my skin

• Like 2

if there is a higher energy I WILL see her live. I can't believe I haven't had the chance yet.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Joyride said:

if there is a higher energy I WILL see her live. I can't believe I haven't had the chance yet.

Hopefully you get the chance she puts on a wonderful show.

I've luckily been able to see her twice. We'll see if a 3rd time is in the cards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joyride said:

She'll announce a world tour very soon (probably this week or next week) so it might be your last chance

I am sure she'll also announce another Vegas residency for next year too

11 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Mariah hasn’t even mentioned that woman in 7-8 years 

I’m a Mariah fan. Who do you think you are? The president of the Mariah carey fanbase? I know all her songs and bought her music. 

@Yudelkis why are you tagging him? Is he the decision maker who is a Mariah stan/fan or not? He hates every artist who is not Mariah out there. He is the last person whose opinion matters. 

—————

I’m excited for more JLO. Bring it girl :clap3: 

I called it already. This all feels like her last hurrah and it'll be a glorious one with such a spectacular visual. There's not many who would get to release something as big in their career

48 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

I’m a Mariah fan. Who do you think you are? The president of the Mariah carey fanbase? I know all her songs and bought her music. 

@Yudelkis why are you tagging him? Is he the decision maker who is a Mariah stan/fan or not? He hates every artist who is not Mariah out there. He is the last person whose opinion matters. 

—————

I’m excited for more JLO. Bring it girl :clap3: 

Nothing negative, @suburbannature knows all the Mariah fans here, so I was surprised you could be a Lamb who like J.Lo. :chick2:

Just now, Yudelkis said:

Nothing negative, @suburbannature knows all the Mariah fans here, so I was surprised you could be a Lamb who like J.Lo. :chick2:

I’m a lamb since Caution. It’s not going to make me HATE other artists. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.