J.Lo : "This Is Me...Now is my final album, it's the end of an era for me."

Yudelkis

14 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

Now that I did saw the movie, I want This Is Me...After:bird: @Dabbyy @Ramooon

Can't wait till 2046 :jonnycat:

54 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

@Ryan Is it still possible to have J.Lo en the ATRL official banner ? :dancehall:

Ask Lee!! in HQ thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yudelkis

• Jeneration

• Inverted

• Espresso

2 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Can't wait till 2046 :jonnycat:

Ask Lee!! in HQ thread

Ok, on my way to do it.

18 hours ago, TheBlackBarbie said:

What are U talking about sis? Where did U get this fan fiction from? 🙃

I think Ashanti is who U meant to say!  Ashanti & Ja Rule was leading murder INC. JLO wasn't even on Murder INC & only had 2 songs with Ja Rule which she barely even sung on. 😅

U guys love giving credit to The White girls 🙄🙄

Please stop with the fan fiction. J.Lo sang both of the Murder remixes and Ashanti is just back up. See below for the filtered vocals showing that Jen sings the whole song.

18 hours ago, Espresso said:

I’m well aware of all the facts you stated prior to the white girl comment. You could argue Ashanti’s tracks were bigger at the time and still have more staying power.

My argument is J.Lo was picked as the lead by racist execs on songs today associated with Murder Inc. Even a couple more songs from that era with similar sounds from her that weren’t with Murder Inc that are associated with that era.

If you were to breakdown demographic impressions outside hip-hop (regardless of ongoing song stats), J.Lo is perceived (wrongfully) as leading that sound of the era and being the face of it. That’s my point.

And that would be false. "I'm Real (Murder Remix)" was a bigger hit than Ashanti's hits in 2001 as evidenced by the fact that it was higher on the Billboard Hot 100 year end chart of 2001. In fact, Ashanti saw her own huge success in late 2001-02 thanks to her work co-writing and singing backup on the J.Lo Murder remixes. Before the success of the song, Ashanti was relegated to background creative work while the label delayed her debut album. After it, Irv Gotti pushed her as a hook girl on Ja Rule and Fat Joe's hits and then finally launched her solo debut.

And the second line stating "J.Lo was picked as the lead by racist execs" makes no sense. Both of those Murder remix songs were specifically created for J.Lo. Tommy Mottola commissioned Irv Gotti and Ja Rule to write an "urban" answer to the original pop versions of the songs. You do realize that, right? J.Lo wasn't "picked." Those songs were specifically created for her to sing.

J.Lo is perceived to be the leading sound of the era because she was more palatable to the white GP and because she had the bigger name in the US and worldwide, which is why "I'm Real (Murder Remix)" was the bigger hit.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

“And the second line stating "J.Lo was picked as the lead by racist execs" makes no sense. Both of those Murder remix songs were specifically created for J.Lo. Tommy Mottola commissioned Irv Gotti and Ja Rule to write an "urban" answer to the original pop versions of the songs. You do realize that, right? J.Lo wasn't "picked." Those songs were specifically created for her to sing.

J.Lo is perceived to be the leading sound of the era because she was more palatable to the white GP and because she had the bigger name in the US and worldwide, which is why "I'm Real (Murder Remix)" was the bigger hit.

Well aware of the history but didn’t know how far into the weeds we were going to get on Tommy Mottola himself and the A&R around him at the time, most of which are allegations. I was also talking about more than just that song even though that, yes, was the blueprint. We’re talking past each other at this point. I’m not disputing what you just wrote but Irv and Ja had considered some of their material used for J.Lo for other people at the time that others were aware of but most of it hadn’t been presented to them, including Ashanti, pre 2002 hits.

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

Please stop with the fan fiction. J.Lo sang both of the Murder remixes and Ashanti is just back up. See below for the filtered vocals showing that Jen sings the whole song.

And that would be false. "I'm Real (Murder Remix)" was a bigger hit than Ashanti's hits in 2001 as evidenced by the fact that it was higher on the Billboard Hot 100 year end chart of 2001. In fact, Ashanti saw her own huge success in late 2001-02 thanks to her work co-writing and singing backup on the J.Lo Murder remixes. Before the success of the song, Ashanti was relegated to background creative work while the label delayed her debut album. After it, Irv Gotti pushed her as a hook girl on Ja Rule and Fat Joe's hits and then finally launched her solo debut.

And the second line stating "J.Lo was picked as the lead by racist execs" makes no sense. Both of those Murder remix songs were specifically created for J.Lo. Tommy Mottola commissioned Irv Gotti and Ja Rule to write an "urban" answer to the original pop versions of the songs. You do realize that, right? J.Lo wasn't "picked." Those songs were specifically created for her to sing.

I said what I said and I'm not changing (in my Nene leakes voice) 😂

6 minutes ago, TheBlackBarbie said:

Baby you are living in the past. Bless you heart and be your "This is me...now" version. :heart2:

6 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

Baby you are living in the past. Bless you heart and be your "This is me...now" version. :heart2:

I wish JLO and her 3 fans left on earth would leave me TF alone. ❤️

She's 55 and doesn't want to make a fool of himself like Madonna.

• Confused 1

This is such a great closeout 1999-2024.

9 albums 

10 top 10s

4 of them hitting #1

She achieved more than what people expected.

it's great to end on a good note.

I know the album is flopping but she is ending on her own terms.

• Like 5

This Is Me ... After her Divorce Album comes If the Relationship ends (sooner or later)

• Thumbs Down 3

The music industry is just too toxic. 

14 minutes ago, stevyy said:

The music industry is just too toxic. 

What do you mean ? the music industry has change a lot for sure. :dancehall:

16 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

What do you mean ? the music industry has change a lot for sure. :dancehall:

Legends like J.Lo or basically any artist who is deemed "too old" cannot make a living. 

Albums culture is dead and gone.

Sheryl, Alanis and now Jennifer Lopez, that makes 3 artists now that I know of, who said that their album (at the time) would be their last album. 

Sheryl specifically gave an interview a few years back, that she will only record new music, when she has something to say. Making music for fun or for a living or for your artistic expression does not bring in any income anymore. 

20 years ago, low peaking music could still sell like 1-2-3 million copies and generate lots of income. 

Don't give me this: True artists are in it for the art nonsense... well... duh... but when said art is not selling / streaming anymore... what can you do? 

Alanis has 3 young children, Sheryl has 2 kids, Jennifer has younger kids as well... but she is a show-horse (German expression)... 

It's really become a dilemma. 

#4 on my list is a German band, called KLAN, they have released 4 albums so far and they announced that their 5th album which will come out in a few weeks will be their last. It*s a duo of brothers... one of them said that he wants to return to his job as an emergency doctor (he's also become a father for the first time recently) and the other one wants to produce music for other artists. 

It's so weird what's going on. Mariah too gave an interview 2 years ago announcing that she would never tour again (but then she did in 2023)... artists are constantly on the brink of retirement.... I wonder why that is? There must be a reason. 5 artists that I know of saying stuff like that is not a coincidence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stevyy said:

Legends like J.Lo or basically any artist who is deemed "too old" cannot make a living. 

Sheryl, Alanis and now Jennifer Lopez, that makes 3 artists now that I know of, who said that their album (at the time) would be their last album. 

Sheryl specifically gave an interview a few years back, that she will only record new music, when she has something to say. Making music for fun or for a living or for your artistic expression does not bring in any income anymore. 

20 years ago, low peaking music could still sell like 1-2-3 million copies and generate lots of income. 

Don't give me this: True artists are in it for the art nonsense... well... duh... but when said art is not selling / streaming anymore... what can you do? 

Alanis has 3 young children, Sheryl has 2 kids, Jennifer has younger kids as well... but she is a show-horse (German expression)... 

#4 on my list is a German band, called KLAN, they have released 4 albums so far and they announced that their 5th album which will come out in a few weeks will be their last. It*s a duo of brothers... one of them said that he wants to return to his job as an emergency doctor (he's also become a father for the first time recently) and the other one wants to produce music for other artists. 

It's so weird what's going on. Mariah too gave an interview 2 years ago announcing that she would never tour again (but then she did in 2023)... artists are constantly on the brink of retirement.... I wonder why that is? There must be a reason. 5 artists that I know of saying stuff like that is not a coincidence

Sheryl, Alanis, Mariah and Jennifer are set for life with their existing networth and discographies, since new music doesn't bring in money they only ever now make albums if there's a greater motive, may it be a tour or having something to say that is worth making a record - like Caution and This Is Me... Now being the catalysts of their engagement fallout and 20 year love story reaching marriage respectively.

They're on the edge of retirement until that that greater motive happens to release another album.

Edited by Popboi.

This won't be her last. lol

"Hints"? She clearly said it is her last album for the record :rip:

Anyway, she gave some classic bops. 'Jenny From The Block', and 'Waiting For Tonight' still go hard :jamming:

Edited by Blackout2006

7 hours ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

This won't be her last. lol

I know right, some people really believed that. She just meant that she won't do another album like this

She'll def keep releasing singles and perform

• Like 1

Hummingbird best track. Sadly this album TANKEDDD 

• Thumbs Down 1

I wonder what yall are comparing this new album with, when Jenny didn't have a really successful album since the 2000s, her last one was a decade ago which flopped too and this is her first album in the streaming era on an independent label. On top of all that she didn't have a hit single in ages.

Her arena tour will be sold out while most of the newer acts yall stan for with amazing streaming numbers will be lucky to do a fraction of JLo's touring gross.

Also the music film is stunning. The album is great imo. If it's really her last album, she's going out on a high! :clap3:

On 2/17/2024 at 7:43 AM, TheBlackBarbie said:

Not you completely ignoring the receipts I posted just to pretend that fan fiction is real. :deadbanana2:

On 2/17/2024 at 7:58 AM, TheBlackBarbie said:

I wish JLO and her 3 fans left on earth would leave me TF alone. ❤️

So stop trolling J.Lo threads. :skull: And how can there only be three Jennifer Lopez stans when this forum and Twitter are littered with them? Even I find some of them so annoying. :skull: 

On 2/17/2024 at 4:54 AM, Espresso said:

Well aware of the history but didn’t know how far into the weeds we were going to get on Tommy Mottola himself and the A&R around him at the time, most of which are allegations. I was also talking about more than just that song even though that, yes, was the blueprint. We’re talking past each other at this point. I’m not disputing what you just wrote but Irv and Ja had considered some of their material used for J.Lo for other people at the time that others were aware of but most of it hadn’t been presented to them, including Ashanti, pre 2002 hits.

I wouldn't call them "allegations." Irv Gotti himself said that Tommy and Cory Rooney approached him to create the Murder remixes as the "urban" answers to the original pop songs. In fact, Irv confirmed that Tommy suggested a back-and-forth duet with Ja Rule in the vein of Mariah's "If We." 

As for Irv and Ja considering some of their material given to J.Lo for other people including Ashanti, that's false. It's actually the other way around. Ashanti was supposed to be on Fat Joe's "What's Luv," but Irv wanted to give the song to J.Lo because of the huge success "I'm Real (Murder Remix)." Joe said no. He liked Ashanti on the song and they kept it the way it is.

On 2/18/2024 at 12:52 AM, stevyy said:

It's so weird what's going on. Mariah too gave an interview 2 years ago announcing that she would never tour again (but then she did in 2023)... artists are constantly on the brink of retirement.... I wonder why that is? There must be a reason. 5 artists that I know of saying stuff like that is not a coincidence. 

JLO is not relying on music to make a living though. She will clean up in tour sales alone. 

On 2/18/2024 at 9:22 PM, kevino said:

Hummingbird best track. 

200w.webp

Mama should reissue her GH album, add:

Live it Up

Ain’t you mama 

Booty (Iggy’s Version)

El anillo

Can’t Get Enough 

+ Song

And call it a day, it should be Gold already with those songs 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yes, AND said:

JLO is not relying on music to make a living though. She will clean up in tour sales alone. 

That is true.

And it is true for everybody these days, from young and upcoming acts, to older veteran acts. 

And that is the main difference between the past and today. In the past even so-called flop albums generated HUGE revenue because they were still selling 1-2-3 million copies. An album which sold 3 million copies would generate roughly $40 million in revenue. If we compare that to the movie industry... that would be a cute success actually. 

The equivalent would be sth like 8 billion streams. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.