Best Female #1 Single of the 2010's Decade (WINNER REVEALED!)

Kool_Aid_King

4 hours ago, oshyms said:

i know she’s more of an album/touring force but im shocked beyoncé doesn’t have any #1s of her own during this decade 

Her only real chances this decade was Telephone, Drunk in Love, Formation & Mi Gente. But she was more focused on album success and didn’t pull out any of the stops to guarantee a hit single. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kool_Aid_King

• naval23

• Vixen Eyes

• Norte

The Pink, Taylor and Katy massacre omg :deadbanana2:

Everything except Roar and Part Of Me decided to stay

I'm ready 

40. Firework - Katy Perry

Firework

Fans: 

10 - @naval23, @ReachOut, @ChandlerBing

Haters: 

1 - @K$Ellie, @oshyms, @wish

0 - @Rev8, @eli's_rhythm

#1 in 2010 for 4  Weeks.

The 3rd of 6 #1 singles from one era. What an anthem! I really love this record, and I know it resonated well with the GP since it sold a bunch, certified DIAMOND & just crossed 1B Streams on Spotify. It has truly stood the test of time and is an American classic to celebrate our Independence (or... white men's I guess). Although the lyrics are sort of elementary, the song was everywhere and this cannot be denied. A plastic bag may not have been the strongest metaphor to use but we love KP for shining a light on the harms that plastic brings the world, Eco-friendly queen! :1stplace:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

39. Truth Hurts - Lizzo

Truth-hurts

Fans: 

10 - @selena_lavigne & @Rev8

Haters:

1- @naval23, @Norte, @TMRA

#1 in 2019 for 7 Weeks 

The song that introduced most of the world to Lizzo. Thanks to a spot in some annoying ass Netflix movie, this song blew up specifically for that "DNA Test" lyric. If only they knew the damage they would inflict on the world of basic white women with no personalities :rip:. Now the song is cute, although a blatant rip off of "Black Beatles" by Rae Sremmurd. I'm honestly surprised it lasted this song, but I'm not mad. It's definitely a vibe. Fun fact (that everyone knows already), the song was recorded and released in 2017, flopped like everything else she put out, but then became one of the first songs to re-peak with an organic viral moment thanks to TikTok, which we have seen all over the charts. Fat Lizzo the trailblazer! 

• Like 1

Firework is a great song, I listened to it and it was great.

Truth Hurts is really annooying, can't stand Lizzo voice on that one 

Katy got wrecked :rip:

38. Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) - Kelly Clarkson

Stronger-What-Doesn-t-Kill-You

Fans: 

10.75 - @JoAddams

10 - @ReachOut

Haters: 

1 - @oshyms & @theblackestday

#1 in 2012 for 3  Weeks.

The second single and title track from Kelendria Clarkson's 5th album, Stronger. Not many of you know this, but I'm actually a HUGE Kelly Clarkson fan. I love her so much, BUT I remember when that "Mr. Know It All" song came out, I was not feeling it. Then this song came out, and I too was not feeling it as well. I'm glad the charts did though, my girl deserved a smash!!! Fun fact, the song was actually leaked online along with a bunch of songs by Kelly. For you younger ATRLers, leaks back then were honestly a scarlet letter and had labels scrambling. Because this song was leaked, the label rushed to put it out 3 weeks before it was supposed to premiere (with the album). Thankfully, it still became a huge success for her, despite not being a success with you guys.

Now for the first really shocking elimination...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

37. Lose You to Love Me - Selena Gomez

Lose-you-to-love-me

Fans: 

11 - @selena_lavigne & @Sad Serenade

10 - @naval23, @Achilles. & @Taemira

Haters:

1 - @Rev8 & @JoAddams

0 - @DTF

#1 in 2019 for 1 Week

After a very successful 3 album run with the Scene, 2 solo albums... Selena Gomez was ready to drop her 3rd solo studio album which was fueled by controversy over a relationship that was on and off and incredibly toxic for like 10 years at that point. The Wizards of Waverly Place star used her limited octave and delivered a vulnerable song where she admits she sings "off key in her chorus". We love transparency! I honestly was shook she got a #1 hit, I genuinely thought she missed her chance when Same Old Love & Good For You missed it, followed by the droplets that didn't make a dent (#JusticeForBadLiar!). Overall, the song is good. I definitely thought Look At Her Now deserved the praise, but the GP loves controversy :michael: 

Next song is honestly one of the most shocking things I've ever seen in any rate and probably the most shocking in this one. I was CERTAIN this song was gonna be top 5... but for it to be eliminated and this hated was shocking for me.

You guys might not be as surprised, but I was.

• Haha 1

36. Royals - Lorde

Royals-1

Fans: 

10 - Kool_Aid_King, @X-Dre, @kindararenext, @Achilles., @oshyms, @wish

Haters: 

1 - @naval23, @jacklovesyou1, @Vixen Eyes

0 - @selena_lavigne, @GraceRandolph, @Hey Dude 

#1 in 2013 for 9  Weeks.

Song of the Year Winner. Highest Certified Female Song of ALL TIME (14x Platinum). 9 Weeks at #1. The way that this song totally transformed the soundscape of the 2010s. Ella was 17 years old who wrote one of the greatest songs of all time. Fun fact, the song was written after she saw a baseball card for the Royals. She was also inspired by royalty (hence her stage name as well) & "Watch The Throne" by Jay-Z & Kanye West (Taste!). Pretty shocking that this was the output. I can confidently say this is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard and helped spawn one of the most iconic careers! Shocked at this song receiving THREE 0s :deadbanana4:

35. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - Katy Perry

Last-Friday-Night

Fans: 

10.5 - @kataraqueen

10 - @K$Ellie, @Norte

Haters:

1- @Achilles.

#1 in 2011 for 2 Weeks 

Welcome to the 6.0 Average! Released as the 5th single from Teenage Dream, this was Katy's FIFTH straight #1 single from the era. With a HUGE resurgance thanks to TikTok, this song has stood the test of time and is one of Katy's most remembered and revered songs among the GP. I like the song, but it needed an edge IMO, had the Missy version gone #1, I would've given her my 10 but it's okay. As you see on the single cover, Katy revealed an alter-ego known as "Kathy Beth Terry". Cringe was in and the song proved a success! Unfortunately, Katy tried to re-create the magic with the concept for "Birthday" but by then, everything was over and the video made 0 noise and actually halted any traction the song was getting :rip:. Lightning does not strike twice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34. Havana - Camila Cabello

Havana

Fans: 

10 - @X-Dre, @Almighty Gaga

9.99 - @byzantium

Haters: 

1 - @naval23, @JoAddams

#1 in 2018 for 1  Week.

A little annoyed this song made it this far... but I'm glad it didn't make it top 25. It still baffles me how popular this song got. She was running a string of flops.. and the song even flopped on release, missed the Grammy deadline and then all of a sudden it blew up. Something was suspicious... but whatever. Despite all my grievances with the former N-Word enthusiast, the song is DIAMOND and really established her as... idk. IDK if this song really established anything considering nothing Karla ever puts out solo can makes noise. Fun fact, the song they were pushing was the A-side to this, called "OMG" which featured Quavo. Guess the Cuban songstress got the last laugh. 

33. Cheap Thrills (Remix) - Sia feat. Sean Paul

Cheap-Thrills

Fans: 

10.75 - @Norte

Haters:

1- @oshyms

#1 in 2016 for 4 Weeks 

This song has just as many haters as it does lovers. Released as the 2nd single of Sia's album of rejected songs that no one wanted, this one ended up having legs. Adding Sean Paul to the remix at first was confusing.. but it worked! Many of you expressed that you would rate the solo version higher and I would agree. The solo is actually one of my favorite songs of the decade, but the Sean Paul version has one verse too many imo. Fun fact, the song was initially meant to be given to Rihanna, who passed on it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32. S&M (Remix) - Rihanna feat. Britney Spears

S-M-Remix

Fans: 

10.75 - @Rev8, @kataraqueen

10.5 - @naval23 , @Taemira

10 - @ChandlerBing

Haters: 

1 - @Almighty Gaga

#1 in 2011 for 1  Week.

Tragic. S&M (Album version) is easily top 5 in Rihanna's discography. What an undeniable smash and classic... that stalled at #2 :doc:. So what does the label do? Call up Britney Spears who was clearly under TIGHT control to phone in a verse while she's very evidently sick from God knows what. Serving Botney. And they release it. And they make her perform it... live with Rihanna. Put that together and you get a total snoozefest and a sub-par song. I'm shocked so many of you love it to use your extra credits on it. The Britmix is so incredibly dull and totally ruins the flow of the song #ForMe. Regardless, top 35 is a good spot for it I think & deserved to be Rih's first song out! :michael: 

31. Fancy - Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX

Fancy

Fans: 

10.5 - @oshyms

10 - Kool_Aid_King, @K$Ellie, @naval23

Haters:

1- N/A :eek: 

#1 in 2014 for 7 Weeks 

Iggy came in 2014 STORMING. I remember when the video for this song, I was GAGGED! I knew a hit was coming and for an entire calendar year, she was inescapable. I know that phone couldn't stop buzzing. But as quick as she climbed, the faster she fell. With viral videos of her poor rapping, her poor performing & her ignorant past... she was dropped. Now instead of writing raps, she writes letters to judges pleading ugly short violent men deserve freedom, we love a career shift from the Australian baby mama :clap3:. Fun fact, the song initially had a totally different hook, but the people above decided to add Charli on it to give it that swag we know and love. EVERYONE SAY THANK YOU to our favorite Gujarati gay icon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lose You to Love Me and S&M deserved so much more but otherwise good update

I don't even like the S^M remix much, but some people love it

sure the vocals are funny, but I've seen so much praise for it in recent days :dies:

so dont think it's that bad

Royals deserved to stay more

along with Lizzo

S&M, Firework, Cheap Thrills and Stronger deserved better :skull:

Firework below LFN :biblio:

No i agree with most of these rankings tbh. most of these songs can find seats out of the top 25 except "Raise Your Glass". thats my anthem and it always gets me pumped fr P!nk ate that. just give me a reason should have been right next to meghan's song i should have sabotaged more.

• Like 1

also Kool when do you usually post in eastern time?

katy was only robbed with last friday night and roar :penguin:

I’m really enjoying the write ups so far!! Great work!

• Like 1

Cheap Thrills is a bop, and the remix is even better :beatfreak:

6 hours ago, GreatestLoveofAll said:

also Kool when do you usually post in eastern time?

I’m in central time, but I update when I can.

tonight will be at 8pm CST!

3 hours ago, eli's_rhythm said:

I’m really enjoying the write ups so far!! Great work!

thank you!

not Stronger :rip:

• Like 1

The Royals panning :rip: I thought it would be top 20 at least

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.