• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Enrique523

• Cruel Summer

• PoisonedIvy

I find it funny how some people are claiming "my friend bought X amount of copies from different variants blah blah blah fraud" when certain KPOP acts will sell 1 or 2 versions and kpop fans buy like 10 of each version. STFU and GTFO plz. x

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, brazil said:

Only 300k from streaming? Good thing she got her weird sale tactics :suburban:

Name a single female artist than can do 300K+ from streaming alone. We’ll wait. 

hell, I implore you to even name a male that can in 2023. 

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, brazil said:

:rip:

Only Morgan Wallen and Drake did more than 300k EAS this year with their brand new albums. 

5 hours ago, omrimayo said:

YAS! and she'll do more than 300K streaming me thinking, it's gonna be close to Midnights!

300k is a reasonable estimate

24 minutes ago, brazil said:

ONLY? Can you name other pop girl albums doing this, let alone re-recordings?

moo.png

• Like 1

The OTHs are really malfunctioning.  Looks like they need to go back and discuss a new strategy.  

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, Gaia said:

Omg my friend updated that she not only has 5 vinyls but she also bought the regular CD + Crystal Skies Blue Edition Deluxe CD + the cassette. 

One friend alone bought 8 versions of the same album. Wild :deadbanana4:

More anecdotal proof that swifties are smart with well paying jobs? I’ll take it :jonny:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Name a single female artist than can do 300K+ from streaming alone. We’ll wait. 

hell, I implore you to even name a male that can in 2023. 

I mean 300k from streaming alone clears just about almost every single person’s total this year 💀

32 minutes ago, brazil said:

Girl... as far as I can tell only one female artist other than Taylor has ever done over 300k SEA, and that was SZA with SOS. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, byzantium said:

The OTHs are really malfunctioning.  Looks like they need to go back and discuss a new strategy.  

They can get ready for TS1.1million+sales debut coming soon

1.5 milli + 11th #1 is too good to be true. I'm just a casual listener of hers but she's the only one who can pull these numbers nowadays so, from a chart watcher perspective, I always root for her.

:clap3:

Amazing numbers! 

I believe she can push through and beat Midyawn's first week numbers.

I kinda feel for the OTHs, even us Swifties were blind sided by this repeak. Had you told me in 2019 she was gonna come back with her two best sales weeks ever, a #1 from 2019 that organically moved up the charts, another top 3 maybe 11th number one in the making, a tour grossing over 1 billion, become a billionaire on music alone, and another Album of the year Grammy, I wouldn’t have believed a word of it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, brazil said:

I get second hand embarrassment. Do people really need to embarrass themselves like this? We need some self-respect. Love yourself more honey :suburban:

Edited by HappierJealousy
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, woohoo said:

I kinda feel for the OTHs, even us Swifties were blind sided by this repeak. Had you told me in 2019 she was gonna come back with her two best sales weeks ever, a #1 from 2019 that organically moved up the charts, another top 3 maybe 11th number one in the making, a tour grossing over 1 billion, become a billionaire on music alone, and another Album of the year Grammy, I wouldn’t have believed a word of it.

If you told me in Sep. 2019 that in 4 years, 1989 TV would debut higher than original 1989 and catapult a new song to replace Cruel Summer from #1, I would never have believed you.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gaia said:

Do you think I'm making this up just because it enforces the sterotype that Swfities bulk buy? I love my friend but girlie pop what is this :deadbanana2:

I have 0 reason to lie. Yall need to stop acting like this is not a norm. There are not 1M people buying her physical albums. She is a female BTS with the physical album sales (attributing her album sales to her album variants and dedicated fanbase is in no way discrediting her streaming/popularity so miss me with the "but her streams!@#!" im only saying her physical sales are inflated)

Reveal hidden contents

g0Ql0rT.jpg

Ugh I feel so bad for your friend :skull: as far as I remember this isn’t the first time you were whining about someone enjoying something… why can’t you just mind your own business and not drag your friend in some random online forum? 

Please stop being weird and go talk about Katy’s shoe line or something

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Gaia said:

Do you think I'm making this up just because it enforces the sterotype that Swfities bulk buy? I love my friend but girlie pop what is this :deadbanana2:

I have 0 reason to lie. Yall need to stop acting like this is not a norm. There are not 1M people buying her physical albums. She is a female BTS with the physical album sales (attributing her album sales to her album variants and dedicated fanbase is in no way discrediting her streaming/popularity so miss me with the "but her streams!@#!" im only saying her physical sales are inflated)

Reveal hidden contents

g0Ql0rT.jpg

But nobody's saying that is the case. The reason she releases several variants of the same album is for people to buy them all. And many of her fans are buying (me for example, i bought two copies of Midnights). Congrats to her! I'm sure 98% of the other girls wouldn't do this successfully.

30 minutes ago, byzantium said:

If you told me in Sep. 2019 that in 4 years, 1989 TV would debut higher than original 1989 and catapult a new song to replace Cruel Summer from #1, I would never have believed you.  

She literally left then NOTHING to gasp onto except multiple versions of an album that everyone else does and a few one week number ones. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 hours ago, FreeXone said:

Her lyrics aren’t that intelligent

Her vocals are subpar

Her visuals are disney

Her stage presence is goofy as hell

She embodies American white mediocrity. 

yuck

Hey. Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to ask, did you get any warning points or get banned for this post? You see, my post on the first page got a warning for trolling and I got banned for 2 days, so I'm trying to know if the same happened to you. 

Stream Sl*t! While you check. 

1989 supremacy 

TS 11  will open with 2 billion copies

:ryan3:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

SOUR: 55 weeks in the top 10 
GUTS: 7 weeks in the top 10

and some people still deny that it is a sophomore slump.

:suburban:

Edited by unclefloprry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

You stan women who need at least 5 writers to form a single coherent song. Take away the pyrotechnics and leave them with a mic and pen and the best thing your faves will ever serve is complex choreo to a cover bc they cant write for ****. Sit down.

Taylor may not be able to move like Janet or B but her being the definition of white mediocrity is such an outlandish take when you've got countless white, black, asian, hispanic popstars who require other people to do what an actual MUSICIAN should do: write and sing songs. unless of course, you stan those women for the visuals and not the music itself then... :fan:

A musician is someone who does music. 

If a violinist goes to the conservatoire of Paris and is part of an ensemble that plays Bach, Mozart and Beethoven without ever writing her own melodies, she's still a musician. Same thing with a pianist, a guitarist or even a choir master. 

Just like a singer using and playing his vocal instrument is a musician. 

And who are those women plural you're talking about who NEED at least 5 people to have a coherent song? Because the two examples you cited have written songs and some of them have less than 5 writers. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

17 minutes ago, BnPac said:

A musician is someone who does music. 

If a violinist goes to the conservatoire of Paris and is part of an ensemble that plays Bach, Mozart and Beethoven without ever writing her own melodies, she's still a musician. Same thing with a pianist, a guitarist or even a choir master. 

Just like a singer using and playing his vocal instrument is a musician. 

And who are those women plural you're talking about who NEED at least 5 people to have a coherent song? Because the two examples you cited have written songs and some of them have less than 5 writers. 

Janet has actually written and composed a few songs (including a #1 hit!) by herself :rip: but @FreeXone was out of pocket coming in here with that so I get it.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.